Simple Syrup And Salt Are Incredible Additions To The Diet

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
I just made a post in another thread but eating sufficient fat with my meat avoids the constipation issue. Bacon is currently my most positive form of animal flesh to consume.
:thumbsup:.

Runenight201

I keep cycling away from the simple syrup and then find myself coming back =P I thought soda would be sufficient, but I just made an amazing lemonade drink recipe that tingled my brain in a way that almost no other fruit or fruit juice could.

I always thought the one to one sugar to water ratio was WAY to high for me, and that’s what turned me off from this as a mainstay, but I think I found something I’m going to be able scale up and make a staple.

My preferred lemonade recipe:

1/2 parts sugar to 1 part water
Fresh lemon juice to taste

Simply amazing. Simply lemonade =P but even better than the store bought stuff, cuz it’s a lot sweeter (and cheaper!)

Scenes

I keep cycling away from the simple syrup and then find myself coming back =P I thought soda would be sufficient, but I just made an amazing lemonade drink recipe that tingled my brain in a way that almost no other fruit or fruit juice could.

I always thought the one to one sugar to water ratio was WAY to high for me, and that’s what turned me off from this as a mainstay, but I think I found something I’m going to be able scale up and make a staple.

My preferred lemonade recipe:

1/2 parts sugar to 1 part water
Fresh lemon juice to taste

Simply amazing. Simply lemonade =P but even better than the store bought stuff, cuz it’s a lot sweeter (and cheaper!)

Are we literally talking a 600ml bottle is a bit of lemon juice, 400ml water and approx 200ml stacked of sugar!!?? That’s a serious increase in sugar consumption!!

Still doing it?

Runenight201

No I do now think it’s too concentrated. If I need sugar I make fruit smoothies or drink ginger ale.

Occasionally I may drink some honey water for the extra concentrated sugars, but I don’t like getting my body to that state, as it usually leaves me hyperexcited and overly hot. My skin will become extra sebaceous and I’ll feel gross.

TheSir

In light of this, how would a nutritious and low tryptophan carnivore diet with huge amounts of syrup turn out?

tankasnowgod

In light of this, how would a nutritious and low tryptophan carnivore diet with huge amounts of syrup turn out?

Probably better than the carnivore diet without simple syrup. But if you throw in some fruit and/or juice, that seems to be quite the ticket. CLASH describes his diet as a marriage between carnivore and fruitarian.

Hgreen56

Sad to say I have been underrating Sugar(simple syrup) and salt for years while on PEAT.

Starting Adding large doses of simple sugar to my juices alongside salt and the benefits have been awesome.

1) That vigrant glowing skin, cracked hands have been healing fast.
2) Also fat cravings have disappeared-My body craving sugar and fighting to squeeze enough sucrose from unripe fruit/juices led to fat cravings as alternative energy sources.

Give it a go

Half a mason jar with sugar- add microwaved water(2-3 minutes) stir.

I believe there are serious benefits to free floating glucose/fructose(simple syrup) rather than even plain sucrose.

i don't understand this...
I just checked out what simple syrup exactly is and it turns out it is just sucrose with water right? or i missing something?
So i don't understand what so special about it.
something special happening when you heat sucrose up or something?

Last edited:
i don't understand this...
I just checked out what simple syrup exactly is and it turns out it is just sucrose with water right? or i missing something?
So i don't understand what so special about it.
something special happening when you heat sucrose up or something?
The sucrose dissociates into glucose and fructose when you do that.

ok but what what is so special about that?
Some people feel it gives them more energy. I'm like that. As soon as I switched to simple syrup( almost 2 years ago at this point), I felt that I didn't even need to eat starch anymore. I think that the fact that simple syrup doesn't require pretty much any digestion( while sucrose needs to be broken down by an enzyme or by an acid) is the biggest benefit. If you digest sucrose very well already, then I'm not sure simple syrup will make much of any difference.

It's also interesting to note that most fruits that I've looked into( including grapes, apples, oranges, jackfruit, pears, dates, prunes, persimmons, etc.) actually have mostly free sugars( glucose and fructose) instead of sucrose. So one could argue that it's more natural to eat free sugars instead of sucrose( bound glucose and fructose).

Vins7

Can someone explain to me how adding sugar in copious amounts into the diet doesn't destroy the teeth?

What-your-dentist-wont-tell-you-infographic.jpg

I'm so confused from what I've read back in the day from Dr. Price and what I've learned from Ray Peat.

It seemed pretty reasonable of a hypothesis to me: Primitive communities who didn't consume refined sugar, had better oral health. Once their diet became "modernized" with the introduction of things like table sugar, their teeth started to degrade.

I'm just afraid if I start adding simple sugar to everything, I might be doing more damage to my teeth instead of helping my mouth.

The research of Rami Nagiel seems to point to phytic acid found in grains that are the anti-nutrients. I'm not sure if sugar contains any phytic acid, though.

Living With Phytic Acid - The Weston A. Price Foundation

Is there any more information on this subject?
In the text of the image, the doctor explains that the boy with excellent dental health ate oatmeal and oat cakes. So, I'm not sure what you're saying about phytic acid and grains.

In the text of the image, the doctor explains that the boy with excellent dental health ate oatmeal and oat cakes. So, I'm not sure what you're saying about phytic acid and grains.
I think those are only an issue when the person isn't eating much meat or milk. The brother with good teeth ate oatmeal, as well as seafood and some dairy The other one seems to have been eating just a little dairy in the chocolate. There is a study showing that simply adding meat( chicken or beef) improved the absorption of zinc from plant foods. So I'd say it's safe to ingest phytic acid sources, as long as the rest of the diet contains a signifcant amount of animal foods.

Sefton10

Some people feel it gives them more energy. I'm like that. As soon as I switched to simple syrup( almost 2 years ago at this point), I felt that I didn't even need to eat starch anymore. I think that the fact that simple syrup doesn't require pretty much any digestion( while sucrose needs to be broken down by an enzyme or by an acid) is the biggest benefit. If you digest sucrose very well already, then I'm not sure simple syrup will make much of any difference.

It's also interesting to note that most fruits that I've looked into( including grapes, apples, oranges, jackfruit, pears, dates, prunes, persimmons, etc.) actually have mostly free sugars( glucose and fructose) instead of sucrose. So one could argue that it's more natural to eat free sugars instead of sucrose( bound glucose and fructose).
It's obviously way more expensive, but would honey not be a better source than the simple syrup given it comes with some nutrition too?

Jing

I don't understand how everyone here can eat so much sugar lol just a little bit of sugar leaves a horrible sugary taste in my mouth and my body just doesn't crave sugar one bit.

Elize

I feel itchy when having sugar syrup. Why is that? Made syrup using Organic raw cane sugar

It's obviously way more expensive, but would honey not be a better source than the simple syrup given it comes with some nutrition too?
Yeah, it would be better. There are studies showing that honey causes less of an insulin spike and that it inhibits LDH( lactate dehydrogenase), which is an enzyme that turns pyruvate into lactate. There is also evidence that it has anti- fungal properties. So overall it has a lot more benefits.

The only problems that I can see is the price, as you said, and also the legitimacy of the honey sold in supermarkets. Hard to know if a certain honey is fake or not. Buying straight from a farmer would probably be the best way to solve the second issue.

I don't understand how everyone here can eat so much sugar lol just a little bit of sugar leaves a horrible sugary taste in my mouth and my body just doesn't crave sugar one bit.
I have a big craving for sugar, so for me it's easy. Maybe you're of those that do better with more fat, or even with starch.

I feel itchy when having sugar syrup. Why is that? Made syrup using Organic raw cane sugar
Do you get the same reaction when eating the raw cane sugar by itself without making it into syrup? For me, it has to be refined white sugar. I noticed that if the sugar isn't very pure, as in very refined, it gives me gut irritation. Unfortunately, because simple suryp made with brown sugar is absolutely delicious. Does that raw sugar you used still has that sugarcane taste?

Jing

I have a big craving for sugar, so for me it's easy. Maybe you're of those that do better with more fat, or even with starch.
I wish I craved sugar because when I have had cravings for sugar in the past it feels so nice when you have sugar lol

Sefton10

Yeah, it would be better. There are studies showing that honey causes less of an insulin spike and that it inhibits LDH( lactate dehydrogenase), which is an enzyme that turns pyruvate into lactate. There is also evidence that it has anti- fungal properties. So overall it has a lot more benefits.
One thing I've never quite understood is I've seen on the forum (and elsewhere) people mentioning how you should never heat raw honey as it makes it "toxic". I get how it might destroy some enzymes etc., but surely you are still just left with some fructose and glucose if you put it in some warm milk or tea for example?

One thing I've never quite understood is I've seen on the forum (and elsewhere) people mentioning how you should never heat raw honey as it makes it "toxic". I get how it might destroy some enzymes etc., but surely you are still just left with some fructose and glucose if you put it in some warm milk or tea for example?
I think the sugars are gonna remain the same, it's the other stuff in it that can get damaged. I haven't looked into how heating honey makes it toxic, but putting it in warm milk shouldn't expose it to that much heat. It might happen with the tea if it's still very hot.

AndrogenicJB

I've been using a lot of refined white sugar for almost 2 years now without any side-effects. I always use at least 400 grams of it per day. I like combining melon juice, apple juice, gelatin, salt and sugar and drinking it hot. That probably breaks the sucrose into free sugars. To complement the refined sugar, I do use a lot of supplements, especially potassium and thiamine. Calories are extremely important, and calories from carbs are particularly good. As long as I make sure to ingest adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals from food and also from supplememts, this amount of sugar doesn't feel excessive at all. I noticed better skin when I started my high sugar regimen. It's probably because of the CO2, which, as Ray said, makes the skin healthy and pink.
Any problems with teeth

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals