Simple Red Light Imaging Will Replace MRI

puella

Second on the thanks. I've read about this but hadn't seen the demonstration. Very hopeful.

tankasnowgod

Incredible. And not just "benign" red light, but beneficial. Pretty amazing talk, but she didn't even describe the full potential of this technology. Targeting red or infrared light to a specific part of the body? Maybe say, the liver in NAFLD? Or, the heart if heart disease is suspected early? Could be an amazing therapy itself. Very, very cool.

puella

Incredible. And not just "benign" red light, but beneficial. Pretty amazing talk, but she didn't even describe the full potential of this technology. Targeting red or infrared light to a specific part of the body? Maybe say, the liver in NAFLD? Or, the heart if heart disease is suspected early? Could be an amazing therapy itself. Very, very cool.

LEDs Developed by NASA Used to Ablate Brain Tumors "Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) developed by NASA
for commercial plant growth research on the space shuttle are being
used to remove brain tumors through photodynamic therapy. Harry
Whelan, MD, and his colleagues have used the new LED red-light probes
and the light-activated drug porfimer sodium (Photofrin) to attack
difficult brain tumors in three patients. So far, all are doing extremely well"
(Almost 20 yrs ago)

OP
M

miki14

LEDs Developed by NASA Used to Ablate Brain Tumors "Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) developed by NASA
for commercial plant growth research on the space shuttle are being
used to remove brain tumors through photodynamic therapy. Harry
Whelan, MD, and his colleagues have used the new LED red-light probes
and the light-activated drug porfimer sodium (Photofrin) to attack
difficult brain tumors in three patients. So far, all are doing extremely well"
(Almost 20 yrs ago)

:thumbsup:
There is so much good research on Red light therapy but I can't make a decision on what device is good to buy. Most devices seem to be kinda pricey.

The red light imaging project of Mary Lou Jepsen is so intersting because it might cost & weight just one percent of the current MRI machines but has a 1000 times higher resolution. She also proved with the OLPC that she can deliver on their vision, albeit the marketing of her screen sucked.

tankasnowgod

:thumbsup:
There is so much good research on Red light therapy but I can't make a decision on what device is good to buy. Most devices seem to be kinda pricey.

The red light imaging project of Mary Lou Jepsen is so intersting because it might cost & weight just one percent of the current MRI machines but has a 1000 times higher resolution. She also proved with the OLPC that she can deliver on their vision, albeit the marketing of her screen sucked.

Dan Wich has a nice breakdown on some of the cheaper devices you can use- Inexpensive red light devices I use - SelfTestable

The "full body" and targeted devices from places like Life Giving Store and Red Light Man are more expensive, but also more powerful. So, it sort of depends on what you are using it for.

By the way, for using a red light device to check just under your skin, I have used the Ultra Fire Red Flashlight- https://www.amazon.com/UltraFire-WF...ed+flashlight&qid=1559060508&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I purchased one years ago, it still works great, and it is surprisingly bright and powerful.

Inaut

Speaking of red/infrared,

I’ve noticed a significant difference with my 660/850nm led vs my red/orange light. I don't think the red penetrates deep enough, even for skin application.

exposure time is less than 30 seconds per location on my body now and it's making a difference.