Simple Intestinal Antiseptic As A Cure For Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

haidut

Forum Supporter
The role of endotoxin in RA and other "autoimmune" conditions has been discussed by Ray many times in his articles and interviews. Apparently, the connection was firmly established as causative back in the early 20th century and complete cures were often readily obtained using a simple phenolic intestinal antiseptic called Dimol. That product is quite different from the currently sold Dimol. The modern drug contains simethicone, which has no antiseptic action while the original Dimol was something described as "dimethyl-methoxy-phenol". The original Dimol had no known side effects and often produced true cures in just a few days of use. Without knowing the full chemical formula, I can't check if Dimol is still available as a generic substance from chemical vendors. If somebody succeeds in finding its full chemical name please post it here. Maybe somebody can ask Peat knows about it, even though it was used good 15 years before he was born?? If Dimol indeed works as described it could be a valuable alternative to antibiotics for intestinal health/cleansing that would avoid issues with bacterial resistance.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/quotes/921/
"...The determining factor in the evolution of many cases of rheumatoid arthritis is infection of the upper alimentary tract with pyogenic staphylococci. Many cases of rheumatoid arthritis improve markedly under treatment directed against intestinal toxemia, namely, the prevention of the formation, the decrease of absorption, increase in the elimination of increase in the destruction of toxins. Dimol is indicated in all such cases."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM192703311961316
"...In the latter cases an intestinal antiseptic sold under the trade name of "Dimol Pulverettes A" (dimethyl-methoxy-phenol), having a phenol coefficient of 30, and being unabsorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, has proved efficacious. This drug is distributed by Fougera Company, New York City."

Note on the Use of Dimol in the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Study on Comparative Medicine - ScienceDirect

https://europepmc.org/backend/ptpmcrender.fcgi?accid=PMC2522514&blobtype=pdf

Therapeutic Gazette
"...Indeed, drugs, except for the relief of pain - such as pyramidon and phenacetin - are not of much use. Intestinal antiseptics - such as guaiacol carbonate gr. x TID, or cyllin min. iij - should be given. A new intestinal antiseptic, "dimol", which is said to have fifteen times the disinfecting power of phenol and to be non-toxic, may be given in doses of 2 to 4 grains in keratin capsules three times daily."

Canadian Medical Association Journal

Attachments

• the-germicidal-action-of-dimol-intestinal-antiseptic.pdf
    347.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

griesburner

interesting but sad at the same time as something so simple and seemingly safe is not readily available.

As you know i have RA and everytime i read this "simple* methods to treat it i get very angry that i cant realy use any of them. No doc here prescribes antibiotics in my case and the things i can get without a prescription doesn't do anything

And in the end i have to take my immunsuppressant drug cause i don't have an alternative.

Kartoffel

Maybe somebody can ask Peat knows about it

Is there any reason not to ask him yourself? I'm sure he will be more than helpful, if you tell him that your are interested in finding the original formula, and might even consider making your own product.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
interesting but sad at the same time as something so simple and seemingly safe is not readily available.

As you know i have RA and everytime i read this "simple* methods to treat it i get very angry that i cant realy use any of them. No doc here prescribes antibiotics in my case and the things i can get without a prescription doesn't do anything

And in the end i have to take my immunsuppressant drug cause i don't have an alternative.

Well, emodin/cascara can probably approximate this effect pretty closely. Given that it is much safer than the immunosuppressants, have you considered doing a higher dose for a few days in a row to see if it improves things?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there any reason not to ask him yourself? I'm sure he will be more than helpful, if you tell him that your are interested in finding the original formula, and might even consider making your own product.

I think he prefers getting questions from people he has not yet heard from. Somebody with actual RA who is asking for help would probably be ideal. But I will probably ask him in the next few weeks if somebody does not do that first.

Kartoffel

I think he prefers getting questions from people he has not yet heard from. Somebody with actual RA who is asking for help would probably be ideal. But I will probably ask him in the next few weeks if somebody does not do that first.

What makes you think so? He hasn't gotten tired of me after well over 300 emails, and I assume the quality of his replies depends more on how interesting the question is, or how urgently someone might require his advice.

How would drinking some chloraseptic spray compare? Phenol is its active ingredient.

What about polyphenols?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How would drinking some chloraseptic spray compare? Phenol is its active ingredient.

What about polyphenols?

The links above say that Dimol was developed specifically to provide much more potent effect than plain phenols. I guess phenols would work too but the dose would need to be 35 times higher to match Dimol and the Dimol dose was 1g x 3 daily. I don't think anybody would be able to eat 100g+ phenols daily for several days.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What makes you think so? He hasn't gotten tired of me after well over 300 emails, and I assume the quality of his replies depends more on how interesting the question is, or how urgently someone might require his advice.

A few years ago somebody asked him if he prioritizes certain emails over others and he said he is less interested in answering emails from supplement vendors. But I still send him emails every once in a while, so I will probably ask him about Dimol soon.

griesburner

Well, emodin/cascara can probably approximate this effect pretty closely. Given that it is much safer than the immunosuppressants, have you considered doing a higher dose for a few days in a row to see if it improves things?

thanks for the tipp. i have tried cascara a year ago to see if it improves digestion but it didnt seem to do anything. it even slowed transit time for me. maybe the dose was too low but the quality was good i think cause i got a fluid aged alcoholic extract from the pharmacy. But i havent tried emodin. Only an aloe vera extract with said that it had "aloin" in it which is another quinone i think.

i would apreciate if someone could recommend a quality emodin or maybe lapodin supplement which i could buy from germany.

i would test it myself and report back.

The links above say that Dimol was developed specifically to provide much more potent effect than plain phenols. I guess phenols would work too but the dose would need to be 35 times higher to match Dimol and the Dimol dose was 1g x 3 daily. I don't think anybody would be able to eat 100g+ phenols daily for several days.

Edit: Okay, I converted the grains dimol to equiv strength in phenol and that comes to around: 3 grams phenol x 3 daily, which would be way past the theoretical ld50 for phenol in humans...

Last edited:
From the 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol) wikipedia page:

Guaiacol - Wikipedia

"Guaiacol is a precursor to various flavorants, such as eugenol[10] and vanillin."

I wonder if clove oil (eugenol) with dmso would achieve similar effects as this dimol.

eugenol: 4-Allyl-2-methoxyphenol
dmso: dimethyl-sulfoxide

hmmmm

Last edited:
In the interest of science I just ingested: half a teaspoon of 1 part clove oil mixed to 2 parts dmso , mixed with 1 shot of vodka and 4 ounces of cranberry juice cocktail.

Cheers!

dimol.jpg

Without knowing the full chemical formula, I can't check if Dimol is still available as a generic substance from chemical vendors. If somebody succeeds in finding its full chemical name please post it here.

C6H2(CH3)2.(OCH3).OH

dimol2.jpg

Nicole W.

Why not use oil of oregano? It’s supposed to be 26 times more antiseptic than phenol and even Ray admits the its one of the safer herbs.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
thanks for the tipp. i have tried cascara a year ago to see if it improves digestion but it didnt seem to do anything. it even slowed transit time for me. maybe the dose was too low but the quality was good i think cause i got a fluid aged alcoholic extract from the pharmacy. But i havent tried emodin. Only an aloe vera extract with said that it had "aloin" in it which is another quinone i think.

i would apreciate if someone could recommend a quality emodin or maybe lapodin supplement which i could buy from germany.

i would test it myself and report back.

A vendor on this forum sells cascara

Yes, I saw that but there are several chemical with that formula. Anyways, I will ask Peat when I get a chance.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why not use oil of oregano? It’s supposed to be 26 times more antiseptic than phenol and even Ray admits the its one of the safer herbs.

Because I have not seen studies on humans for sterilizing the intestine, while this Dimol seems to have been used extensively in humans. If there is data on oregano oil then it should work as well. I personally tried it, and other than make me burp did not do much for perceived gut health.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Edit: Okay, I converted the grains dimol to equiv strength in phenol and that comes to around: 3 grams phenol x 3 daily, which would be way past the theoretical ld50 for phenol in humans...

Thanks, your calculation is right. For some reason I thought that 1gr = 325mg, but it is in fact only 65mg. But as you said, even the lower dose would be beyond what would be safe for humans.
Oh well, let's see what Peat has to say about it.

A vendor on this forum sells cas

Yes, I saw that but there are several chemical with that formula. Anyways, I will ask Peat when I get a chance.

Found this as well, something else about the formulation: from:THE KING'S ILLNESS - [PDF Document]

Dimol Pulverette and Dimol Mouth Wash (Dimol Labora-tories, Ltd., 40, Ludgate-hill, London, E.C. (Agents :Sangers, 258, Euston-road).-These are two new preparations of Dimol, a well-known intestinal disinfectant which has already been referred to in these columns. Its chemical constitution is C6H2(CH3)2(OCH3)OH, and it is free from toxicity. The Dimol Pulverette is prepared according to the formula dimethylomethoxyphenol gr. 1, acid arsen. gr. 1/180, ext. nuc. vom. gr. 1/16, and will be known as T ;further, to safeguard against confusion with Pulverettes A(white) and B (yellow) the new pulverette is coloured pink.Its use is that of a nerve and general tonic combined with anon-toxic intestinal bactericide. The Pulverette T is putup in glass bottles and the dose is 2 or 3 three times a day,to be taken with a draught of water immediately after meals.The mouth wash, which is guaranteed to have the Rideal-Walker coefficient equal to 20 per cent. pure carbolic acid, is put up in bottles with a sprinkler top and cap and a few drops according to taste are shaken into half a tumbler of water.The strength may be increased when used as a gargle for relaxed throat or infected tonsils.

Edit: I guess this means it was mixed with arsenic and strychnine??

Last edited: