"Simple" Foods Vs. Traditional Diet (metabolism)

Bear with me, but I'd like to quickly explore this line of questioning...

Is it possible that we're just optimizing our body for simpler foods? By simpler, I mean more calorie dense, nutrient dense, and sugar dense foods? Would a person on a RP diet get a larger metabolic hit by then eating a more traditional diet with less sugar? Could it be evolutionarily useful to get used to eating a certain kind of food? For example, those with higher metabolisms and bodies used to more sugar die much quicker if the food were to temporarily run out?

What direction are we evolving ourselves in by being on a Peatitarian diet?

fyo

Re: RP diet on gut bacteria

Simple foods are best because then it means less energy is required for digestion, which means more energy for more important things (like thinking).

The difference is most apparent between say a gorilla (or a cow) and man. Gorilla guts are very large, and comparably energy-intensive, because they eat mostly leaves and such. Consequently they have smaller brain-energy usage.

OP
O
Re: RP diet on gut bacteria

Doesn't mean a Gorilla will function better with simpler foods... Same for humans. RP foods are easier to absorb, which means fewer and smaller bowel movements. Which means less exercise of our evolutionary machinery (the gut, etc).

Just discussing :)

Rah

Bear with me, but I'd like to quickly explore this line of questioning...

Is it possible that we're just optimizing our body for simpler foods? By simpler, I mean more calorie dense, nutrient dense, and sugar dense foods? Would a person on a RP diet get a larger metabolic hit by then eating a more traditional diet with less sugar? Could it be evolutionarily useful to get used to eating a certain kind of food? For example, those with higher metabolisms and bodies used to more sugar die much quicker if the food were to temporarily run out?

What direction are we evolving ourselves in by being on a Peatitarian diet?

I was thinking about this lately also. But traditional diets probably happened out of necessities making best of what was available vs having all the options we do today. But I get where your coming from to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals