Simple diet modifications to maximize puberty

Sefton10

do you have a bad experience with A1 dairy or you just use A2 out of precaution ?
I wouldn’t say bad, just feel warmer with A2. Started with full fat Jersey but wanted to drink more milk so switched to semi-skimmed goat milk the last month or so otherwise the fat gets out of hand.

76er

FWIW

We get full-fat non-homogenized milk from Dutch Belted cows.

I let the cream settle and then use a ladle to pull the cream from
the top of the ½ gallon milk bottle.

I then make popsicles from the cream.

I figure the process takes the fat content down to 2%.

But it also makes it more palatable for the kids because the milk mixes easier
as there is now less fat and a good space at the bottle's top to facilitate a
good shake.

If you don't remove some of the cream the initial new bottle pour can yield
large milk-fat clumps and will freak out the kid (and adult).

I talked with another parent recently and that was their experience with the
same non-homogenized milk brand so they switched back to an inferior brand,
which is such a shame because that brand so high-quality.

Dr. B

Have you tried A2 cows milk or goat milk?

Hey mate i forgot to post this earlier. this is the main nationwide brand in the US offering goat milk. ive tried it before, just to try out goats milk. its not organic, not grass fed apparently. you can see the PUFA content is very high and im not sure if all goats milk is like that or these specific ones are fed some pufa foods like corn and soy. taste wise its probably worse than holstein cows milk, but drinkable. ive tried some raw goats milk which tasted better. i guess it means goats are like pigs and chickens, they wont convert PUFA into SFA like cows. even the lowest quality cows milk is still mostly SFA and MUFA.

V

valdz

These eggs apparently contain myostatin inhibitors.
That's good to know. I always see "fertile eggs" on the list from a farm that I order raw milk from another state.. There is a difference b/w fertile and local eggs. I have tried the fertile eggs before and yolk is bigger and deeper color compared to local eggs that I usually get from another farm.

Nice article. Wish I had more milk when I was little. Now I'm used to drinking goat's milk which is more expensive compared to cow's milk. And I def need to get back to eating organ meats and oysters. Thanks for this good info!

Michael Mohn

Puberty optimization through diet!

What has worked best for you, or your son for puberty?
What I miss in your article is the importance of glycine/ gelatine. Collagen makes up 40% of the human body and especially the bones and tendons grow a lot during puperty. Most people have a glycine deficiency of 8-10g per day. Eating enough gelatine, at least 25g of gelatine during childhood and puperty is very important.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey mate i forgot to post this earlier. this is the main nationwide brand in the US offering goat milk. ive tried it before, just to try out goats milk. its not organic, not grass fed apparently. you can see the PUFA content is very high and im not sure if all goats milk is like that or these specific ones are fed some pufa foods like corn and soy. taste wise its probably worse than holstein cows milk, but drinkable. ive tried some raw goats milk which tasted better. i guess it means goats are like pigs and chickens, they wont convert PUFA into SFA like cows. even the lowest quality cows milk is still mostly SFA and MUFA.
According to cronometer, goat milk is lower in PUFA than cow milk. Perhaps it's just that brand.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
That's good to know. I always see "fertile eggs" on the list from a farm that I order raw milk from another state.. There is a difference b/w fertile and local eggs. I have tried the fertile eggs before and yolk is bigger and deeper color compared to local eggs that I usually get from another farm.

Nice article. Wish I had more milk when I was little. Now I'm used to drinking goat's milk which is more expensive compared to cow's milk. And I def need to get back to eating organ meats and oysters. Thanks for this good info!
Thanks for reading!
Do you feel a difference between the fertile eggs vs the normal eggs?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What I miss in your article is the importance of glycine/ gelatine. Collagen makes up 40% of the human body and especially the bones and tendons grow a lot during puperty. Most people have a glycine deficiency of 8-10g per day. Eating enough gelatine, at least 25g of gelatine during childhood and puperty is very important.
Yes great point. Ground beef is nice and high in glycine, but additional collagen would be great.

V

valdz

Thanks for reading!
I don’t recall if I felt anything significant besides that it tasted better
Thanks for reading!

I enjoy reading your articles! Curious if you put a date on them?

Besides being full from eating fertile eggs I don’t recall feeling anything different. I’ll have to try them again. I recently ordered some duck eggs so I’ll be enjoying my breakfast this week.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I don’t recall if I felt anything significant besides that it tasted better

I enjoy reading your articles! Curious if you put a date on them?

Besides being full from eating fertile eggs I don’t recall feeling anything different. I’ll have to try them again. I recently ordered some duck eggs so I’ll be enjoying my breakfast this week.
I want to try duck eggs as well, but they're so scarce here. They're much higher in cholesterol and lower in PUFA.
Not sure what you mean with put a date on them.

76er

I want to try duck eggs as well, but they're so scarce here. They're much higher in cholesterol and lower in PUFA.
Not sure what you mean with put a date on them.

I personally do a duck egg or two a day. Like @Hans said higher cholesterol
(approximately double the amount over chicken eggs) and lower PUFA
(approximately half the PUFA). Micros are higher in most categories as well.
One could argue that ducks can be much more "outdoor-sie" which may result in
higher vitamin D. Attached are some of my duck egg notes.

However, the kids and wife consume pastured-raised chicken eggs. I've only
been doing duck eggs for about six or seven months myself and they do have a
slightly different taste and composition. As I mentioned previously it is
already mildly difficult to get the kids to eat their daily morning eggs
without some help so I have to watch being over zealous.

Attachments

• duck-egg-chart-full-page-ext.png
    duck-egg-chart-full-page-ext.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 14
  • pufa-in-duck-eggs-exp.png
    pufa-in-duck-eggs-exp.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 14
V

valdz

@76er - Thanks for posting the chart! That's really good to know nutrient content vs chicken eggs. Duck eggs are on sale from this co-op farm and they're normally $10/doz. And yes, kids are a challenge. I normally scramble and season it with a good amount of salt. I can't let them see the duck eggs prior to making them or else the won't eat it. Lol.

@Hans - I meant, put a date on each article but no biggie. Thanks! I knew they're a little better nutrient wise.

Dr. B

According to cronometer, goat milk is lower in PUFA than cow milk. Perhaps it's just that brand.
strange. Im not sure how accurate that website is! many of their nutrients counts were different from the national institutes of health website. goats pufa content im guessing depends on what theyre fed, like pigs and chicken!

hey mate does that farm ship anywhere in the US? which farm is it.

76er

Duck eggs are on sale from this co-op farm and they're normally $10/doz. And yes, kids are a challenge. I normally scramble and season it with a good amount of salt.
Hmm – I get jumbo duck eggs (they range 70g to 90g each) for $6.85 (regular
price. I'm in New England - USA) at our COOP but I noticed that only one farm
provide them so I better evangelize (lol) locally better or the COOP may drop
them or raise the price.

I can't let them see the duck eggs prior to making them or else the won't eat it. Lol.

LOL with ya!

V

valdz

strange. Im not sure how accurate that website is! many of their nutrients counts were different from the national institutes of health website. goats pufa content im guessing depends on what theyre fed, like pigs and chicken!

hey mate does that farm ship anywhere in the US? which farm is it.
I'm in New England but the farm is in PA and they deliver every other Wednesday to CT. I pick up my order from a house near me. Meadow Ridge Farm | Club Home

V

valdz

Hmm – I get jumbo duck eggs (they range 70g to 90g each) for $6.85 (regular
price. I'm in New England - USA) at our COOP but I noticed that only one farm
provide them so I better evangelize (lol) locally better or the COOP may drop
them or raise the price.
Check meadow ridge farm and see if the delivery sites are close to you. So how many eggs would you get from that price? Took me awhile to find a decent farm for milk and eggs but they seem to be really good IMO. They are a pricey and charges 10% of your order for delivery. I def like their A2 milk and goat milk. I found them via realmilk.com.

Dr. B

I'm in New England but the farm is in PA and they deliver every other Wednesday to CT. I pick up my order from a house near me. Meadow Ridge Farm | Club Home
interesting.
how is their milk? taste and quality? how long does it last?
some of these farms deliver in these ice filled coolers and it seems like the milk really doesnt last long...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals