Silicon Cookware

BingDing

There is a lot out there now- baking sheets, sous vide bags, microwave grilling gizmos, muffin pans, etc. Has RP ever offered an opinion about how safe they are? Wouldn't it be nice if it turned out silicon doesn't leach anything bad?

Thx

zewe

From what I've read in the past, silicon ware is non-toxic.

zewe

I was very sceptical about it, at one time. So much, I passed when my mum bought sets of it for her children.....Where I read that info is lost to me....I just remember thinking, "I should have accepted the gift."

She bought sets for everyone, alot was for the microwave and I barely use mine. When I do, I set the power on at least medium. I remember the info stating it was okay to use in the microwave.

OP
BingDing

BingDing

I am surprised there isn't some info on this forum. We analyzed the hell out of stainless steel. Correlle Vision cookware might or might not be good. Coated cookware might or might not be good. Enameled cookware might or might not be good. Ayeeh!

boxers

• “Q: What kind of cooking pots or utensils are safe?

• Glass utensils are safe, and certain kinds of stainless steel are safe, because their iron is relatively insoluble. Teflon-coated pans are safe unless they are chipped.

Iron's Dangers

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals