Silica found in many Whole Foods milk brands

Jennifer

@Kayaker, wild. That’s exactly what happens to me with fortified milk, even the organic brands from grass-fed cows. I found myself constantly having to reread sentences after having that type of milk because the information wasn’t registering in my brain. I haven’t tried a fortified goat’s milk to compare so I’m not sure if it has to do with the excipients in the A and D or the fact that it’s cow’s milk. My mum gets migraines from the same type of milk, but not from pasteurized goat’s milk or raw A2 milk. The pasteurized goat’s milk isn’t fortified.

K

Kayaker

@Jennifer Amazing! Then I take it, you drink pasteurized goat's milk and don't respond the same way. The only goat milk available in my supermarket is Meyenberg, which is powdered and fortified. I'm curious how you'd respond to raw cow milk. It'll probably be a while until I can try it. Since your mum doesn't get migraines from it, I guess you'd be okay with it.

Jennifer

@Kayaker, I currently drink raw goat’s milk but I have consumed unfortified, pasteurized goat’s milk in the past and never experienced cognitive issues with it or when I consumed raw certified A2 cow’s milk. I bought Meyenberg’s fresh low-fat milk once, but found the taste really musky I couldn’t get it down so I’m unable to compare it to the fortified cow’s milk.

Vajra

How do I find commercial brands in my area? No raw milk in my state (otherwise realmilk is what to use) and I've checked for local places. There's been some good stuff mentioned ITT but not near me. I'm mainly looking for a high quality unhomogenized A2.
I bought a similar cream separator before discovering that the goat’s milk will separate on its own if left to sit long enough—about 3 to 4 days. I suspect that not all of the fat separates given the feeling left on my lips after drinking the goat’s milk, but it was a pain to clean the separator—just the drum alone contained over 20 pieces that needed to be washed and reassembled after every use—so I returned it. Now I just stick a straw in the jars when I get my milk home from the farm and once the fat has separated, I drink until I hit the cream line. I like Sefton10’s idea, too.
Yeah this was my experience. It's a good deal of work. News to me that cream settles in goat's milk though? There was a good bit of solidified milk at the bottom of the cartons I had if I didn't shake it, but I don't think it was fat.

Last edited:

Jennifer

@Vajra, have you checked online sites that ship raw milk such as:

Shop Now - Buffalo Valley Pastures

Miller's Organic Farm: from our land to your table (not A2/A2, but is raw)

Shop — RAW FARM usa (their frozen “pet food” raw milk can be sold to residents outside of California)

Here you can put in your zip code and find buying clubs to potentially order from online:

I haven’t looked back over the thread so I’m not sure if all of these commercial brands have already been mentioned, but for non-homogenized A2 milk there’s Alexandre Family Farm, Ferndale Organic, Meyenberg (goat’s milk), Oak Knoll (goat’s milk), Raw Farm (goat’s milk) and Summerhill Goat Dairy. Another option would be to order A2 powdered milk online such as:

The only milk I’ve ever experienced clumping on the bottom was with commercial brands that fortify their low-fat and fat-free milk with powdered milk. These will typically have higher protein and calcium advertised on the label.

Lollipop2

Shop — RAW FARM usa (their frozen “pet food” raw milk can be sold to residents outside of California)

Here you can put in your zip code and find buying clubs to potentially order from online:

I haven’t looked back over the thread so I’m not sure if all of these commercial brands have already been mentioned, but for non-homogenized A2 milk there’s Alexandre Family Farm, Ferndale Organic, Meyenberg (goat’s milk), Oak Knoll (goat’s milk), Raw Farm (goat’s milk) and Summerhill Goat Dairy. Another option would be to order A2 powdered milk online such as:

The only milk I’ve ever experienced clumping on the bottom was with commercial brands that fortify their low-fat and fat-free milk with powdered milk. These will typically have higher protein and calcium advertised on the label.
These are amazing resources @Jennifer - thank you for taking the time ❤️

Vajra

Woah, thanks for the links. Yes, I've heard of Miller's and all the partner sites. Though I initially disregarded them a while ago, maybe I'm mad, but ~$20/gallon (shipping included) of something premium sounds about reasonable nowadays. Might be worth trying sometime.

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @Lollipop2 and @Vajra. :)

Vajra, I don’t think you’re mad at all. It costs me $14/gallon at the farm and $16/gallon in stores—I live in a state where it’s legal to sell raw milk even in retail stores. It’s about a 2 hour drive round trip to get my milk each week so $20 seems reasonable to me given the savings in time, gas and vehicle wear and tear. Add to that the fact that we’re supporting smaller, more ethically (for all involved) based farms, and the overall nutrient density of milk from pastured animals and lack of potentially problematic fortification in commercial milk, it seems like a worthy investment to me, if a person can afford it.

Dr. B

there is donkey milk powder on amazon.

i did not know azure standard offers raw milk, how can you get that.

dutch meadows is another one that ships nationwide.

Brandin

On one of the Generative Energy streams @haidut mentioned many milk brands that Whole Foods carries is tainted with Silica. He mentioned he couldn't elaborate for fear of being sued. Understandable.

I'm pretty concerned about this personally as I drink copious amounts of Whole Foods milk. What is the cheapest way to send my milk of choice to a cheap but reliable lab so I can obtain this information.
I am so lucky that the only additive in swedish milk is d3. Heard someone claim whole milk is bad, is it because there is more pufa? Its still mostly saturated fat tho...

OP
Sam321

Sam321

I am so lucky that the only additive in swedish milk is d3. Heard someone claim whole milk is bad, is it because there is more pufa? Its still mostly saturated fat tho...
who milk just make you fat.
lots of farms here dont do the silica ***t.
time to move back to the mother land maybe tho lol.
sverige!

Jennifer

there is donkey milk powder on amazon.

i did not know azure standard offers raw milk, how can you get that.

dutch meadows is another one that ships nationwide.

Whoops. Sorry about that. The Azure link was supposed to be under the non-homogenized and powdered milk only. They do sell raw milk cheese, but not raw milk that I’m aware of. Thank you for mentioning Dutch Meadows. I have it saved in my list of farms, but mistakenly thought it was one of the ones in my state that doesn’t ship so I didn’t post it. Here’s the link for anyone interested:

Have you tried any of the powdered donkey milks on Amazon?

Dr. B

Whoops. Sorry about that. The Azure link was supposed to be under the non-homogenized and powdered milk only. They do sell raw milk cheese, but not raw milk that I’m aware of. Thank you for mentioning Dutch Meadows. I have it saved in my list of farms, but mistakenly thought it was one of the ones in my state that doesn’t ship so I didn’t post it. Here’s the link for anyone interested:

Have you tried any of the powdered donkey milks on Amazon?
Amazon product ASIN B086KVWRHNView: https://www.amazon.com/Additives-Temperature-Production-Low-Temperature-Freeze-Drying/dp/B086KVWRHN/ref=asc_df_B086KVWRHN?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80676776198591&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276306619844&psc=1

Pure: 100% pure, 100% donkey milk DNA,100% without additives, 100% selected high-quality raw donkey milk.And low-temperature freeze-drying process production
Element: it is rich in organic selenium, the amount of selenium is 8 times that of milk; it is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, 8 times that of milk; it is rich in lysozyme, the active ingredient, as high as 1000mg / 100g.
Easy to absorb: donkey milk is the same as breast milk, alkaline small molecular milk is more easily absorbed. Among them, the proportion of whey protein, lactose, calcium, is close to that of breast milk, and the taste is natural, light and sweet as breast milk.
Precious: The donkey's production capacity is so scarce that it produces only 500g of donkey milk a day, which is 1/50 of that of milk. Six donkeys can only produce one can of pure donkey milk powder a day.

no, it has some interesting things, more pufa. i wanted to try fresh donkey milk im not sure how close this powder would be

Jennifer

Amazon product ASIN B086KVWRHNView: https://www.amazon.com/Additives-Temperature-Production-Low-Temperature-Freeze-Drying/dp/B086KVWRHN/ref=asc_df_B086KVWRHN?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80676776198591&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276306619844&psc=1

Pure: 100% pure, 100% donkey milk DNA,100% without additives, 100% selected high-quality raw donkey milk.And low-temperature freeze-drying process production
Element: it is rich in organic selenium, the amount of selenium is 8 times that of milk; it is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, 8 times that of milk; it is rich in lysozyme, the active ingredient, as high as 1000mg / 100g.
Easy to absorb: donkey milk is the same as breast milk, alkaline small molecular milk is more easily absorbed. Among them, the proportion of whey protein, lactose, calcium, is close to that of breast milk, and the taste is natural, light and sweet as breast milk.
Precious: The donkey's production capacity is so scarce that it produces only 500g of donkey milk a day, which is 1/50 of that of milk. Six donkeys can only produce one can of pure donkey milk powder a day.

no, it has some interesting things, more pufa. i wanted to try fresh donkey milk im not sure how close this powder would be

I once read that of all the non-human milk available, donkey milk was found to be the closest to breast milk so I’ve been curious to try it. I came across the one you posted, as well as the Aadvik brand, but like you, I’ve been wanting to try it fresh since I find powdered milk in general isn’t nearly the same as fresh.

Brandin

who milk just make you fat.
lots of farms here dont do the silica ***t.
time to move back to the mother land maybe tho lol.
sverige!

Haha yeah maybe but sweden is bad in many other ways...

I havent had any issues with fat gain from whole milk and rn I am studying so my economy isnt the greatest. Will consume it for some more time and add tocovit.

Fred

WASHINGTON The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has moved to limit the use of silicon dioxide in organic products. Under a final rule, the substance is only permitted as a defoamer. There is an exception if "organic rice hulls are not commercially available as an adequate replacement."

So yes, it's allowed in "ORGANIC" food, so long as someone says they couldn't get a hold of rice hulls. So glad the government is here to keep us safe and isn't our enemy.

:M :B.

Organic Valley is the worst. They sold out 10 or 15 years ago to a big Corp who could care less about organic. They cheapened the milk. Some have even tested it and found so much crap in it. I would not touch it. There is a national brand called Health Valley (I think) that has a non homogenized grassfed milk that is decent. Also Kolana has organic non homogenized milk. Look locally for brands that are not national or even find a farmer. In Texas there is Mill King.
Do you know who tested it or where can I see the tests?

RealNeat

If the milk products contain polysorbate 80 then it is much worse than the silica, as the former is a known carcinogen. We did not test for it at the time as I was just focusing on silica being convinced that this is what have me digestive symptoms from most commercially available milk brands. We will test next time for polysorbate 80 and a few other baddies like PEG (which is in vaccines and Ray says is also carcinogenic).
What came of this? Have you ever tested dioxin content in full vs skim milk?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals