Sick of spending so much money on food! Is rice the solution?

V

valdz

Fair enough. TY Apollo!

Ooh I use all three if from overseas. Not comfortable with anything Calrose/calif for toxic reasons already stated in this thread
Yeah I saw that. I did use the california brands in the past when I was into the brown rice kick but didn't like it and didn't digest well either... I might have to take a trip to the Indian store soon and stock up on a couple sacks of basmati. You never know what's going to happen in the next few months or so.

Candy

Do they make rice daily? Or do they keep it? What about resistant starch?

Candy

You can make resistant starch simply by letting rice or potatoes cool, refrigerate, reheat later.
I was wondering if resistant starch is better? Or is it better to cook rice daily?

Lollipop2

None. Thats an electric koolaid acid test to get a quick read on comprehension and situational awareness. Most guys here havent picked up a book since they went looking for a chilton on their Dads truck they inherited.
Ahhh...makes sense now - lol - I am a bit slow and couldn’t get the full gist. So glad @Jennifer asked! Thank you Jennifer ❤️

@akgrrrl, what can you NOT do? You are a large piece of amazing ?.

akgrrrl

You are very kind in your surmise, thankyou.
Perhaps having a father dedicated to books, and both parents leaving me to my own devices so that creativity has been the reason for both my hire and impetus for leaving numerous "jobs" (read: I was bored). Traveling this planet before conflicts closed many countries, having mingled with people from all walks of life, crashing and starting over several times, taking any job just to see how I could master it, and coming to AK with almost nothing, all engage my brain with great reward.
@akgrrrl, what can you NOT do? You are a large piece of amazing ?.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

You are very kind in your surmise, thankyou.
Perhaps having a father dedicated to books, and both parents leaving me to my own devices so that creativity has been the reason for both my hire and impetus for leaving numerous "jobs" (read: I was bored). Traveling this planet before conflicts closed many countries, having mingled with people from all walks of life, crashing and starting over several times, taking any job just to see how I could master it, and coming to AK with almost nothing, all engage my brain with great reward.
This is wonderful. Those who are spontaneous and dynamic live the richest lives...all of us will reach our end someday, and when we do, those of us whose spontaneity allowed us to make the most of each moment will have the fewest regrets...

akgrrrl

This is wonderful. Those who are spontaneous and dynamic live the richest lives...all of us will reach our end someday, and when we do, those of us whose spontaneity allowed us to make the most of each moment will have the fewest regrets...
Well said! Yes, I believe you encapsulate a large part of my forward moving mindset right there! Also, it must be added that I made a solid decision early on to not get involved with men who wanted babies and a home partner. I knew having my own business, wanting to go natural history exploring, and satisfying my wanderlust would not be as possible...little did I know that my exodus to salmonland would give so much more meaning to "catch and release"

Attachments

• 718SClaMuWL._AC_SY606__138415725818151.jpg
    718SClaMuWL._AC_SY606__138415725818151.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 29

Jennifer

@akgrrrlYou are a large piece of amazing ?.

She sure is! So are you, Lisa. ❤️ We have a lot of amazing women (and men) on this forum.

Also, it must be added that I made a solid decision early on to not get involved with men who wanted babies and a home partner. I knew having my own business, wanting to go natural history exploring, and satisfying my wanderlust would not be as possible...little did I know that my exodus to salmonland would give so much more meaning to "catch and release"

I can relate to this. I never made the conscious decision that I didn’t want to have babies since I figured the right guy might change my mind and well, if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans, but I never really wanted the traditional, little pink house and white picket fence life. I had my own business and the freedom to explore, and the novelty of it felt exciting until the back injury changed my course, for the better.

akgrrrl

She sure is! So are you, Lisa. ❤️ We have a lot of amazing women (and men) on this forum.

I can relate to this. I never made the conscious decision that I didn’t want to have babies since I figured the right guy might change my mind and well, if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans, but I never really wanted the traditional, little pink house and white picket fence life. I had my own business and the freedom to explore, and the novelty of it felt exciting until the back injury changed my course, for the better.
Same boat me! Although traveling in Northern India seeing with my own eyes hundreds of impoverished women with babies sitting in the dirt had an impact on my decision. Falling 2 stories with a window while building my house morphed into skillbuilding and character building I do not regret.

akgrrrl

Hey funny girl.
6 ft tall?! I want to be like you when I grow up, akgrrrl. :D
Thankyou for noticing me with your kind words. Seems like we have life experiences in common, completely uncommon women in our current world.
Here. Sending you flowers from my garden.

Attachments

• 20200724_202516.jpg
    20200724_202516.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 14

Dr. B

Same boat me! Although traveling in Northern India seeing with my own eyes hundreds of impoverished women with babies sitting in the dirt had an impact on my decision. Falling 2 stories with a window while building my house morphed into skillbuilding and character building I do not regret.
what do you suspect is the reason for why people in Northern Pakistan or India look much different than the rest of the population? Like having lighter skin, sometimes even like brown or blonde hair, and blue or green eyes! Is it living in high altitude that causes these changes like the ice blue eye color, or is it living in colder temperatures like the mountains, or is it lack of sunlight or some combination of all these

Jennifer

I can understand that. I took care of children who were adopted from China so I’m familiar with that sad, impoverished world. But oh my, you fell two stories with a window?! Were you seriously injured?

Hey funny girl.

Thankyou for noticing me with your kind words. Seems like we have life experiences in common, completely uncommon women in our current world.
Here. Sending you flowers from my garden.

Aww, thank you. :happy: They’re beautiful.

akgrrrl

Welcome. and yes, but too icky to repeat on this thread. Onward, thru the fog!
I can understand that. I took care of children who were adopted from China so I’m familiar with that sad, impoverished world. But oh my, you fell two stories with a window?! Were you seriously injured?

Aww, thank you. :happy: They’re beautiful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals