sick from birth and recently disabled - slighlty improving with peating

OP
deliciousfruit
Crying and hopelessness sound more like a hibernation type state than a low stress state, so I would bet that the thyroid is further stressing your body and making you more hypothyroid. How’s the thyroid affecting your pulse? If pulse is rising while temps lower, it’s almost certainly a stress response. The same happens to me when I take thyroid, so I’m trying to heal by other means before trying thyroid again in the future.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, but don’t give up. There are always more things to try, and some of them will work.
Pulse goes up and temp goes lower... how is it possible that it's creating a stress response? I have been trying to get better for more than a year now, I have tried absolutely everything... I am seriously starting to get suicidal at this point

OP
deliciousfruit
none of these are peat approved, the only supplements peat says are safe to take are aspirin, vitamin D, and thyroid. the purity of all other supplements are not good enough and may cause problems. pregnenolone impurities can cause many of the symptoms you are describing. Even NDT is not considered 100% safe by peat. cynoplus and cynomel are the only guaranteed safe thyroid supplements

So I should drop everything else, including the niacinamide, p5p, cyproheptadine, taurine, cascara? Doesn't he recommend the use of these though?

gaze

So I should drop everything else, including the niacinamide, p5p, cyproheptadine, taurine, cascara? Doesn't he recommend the use of these though?
cascara is o.k. he has recommended cyproheptadine in some scenarios, if you feel better after taking it then it should be ok, but for some people it makes things worse, especially if it messes with your appetite in very large ways. If your eating liver, you definitely don't need niacinamide and p5p, and they may be making things worse. be watchful how you feel after eating liver too, it gave me anxiety attacks when I was really low thyroid. Its too much vitamin A and phosphate and iron to handle for low thyroid people, but its ok in moderation for b vitamins. using eggs, OJ, milk, oysters, occasional seafood and meat, should be more than enough b vitamins without it. He does not reccomend taurine, isolated amino acids are problematic.

OP
deliciousfruit
cascara is o.k. he has recommended cyproheptadine in some scenarios, if you feel better after taking it then it should be ok, but for some people it makes things worse, especially if it messes with your appetite in very large ways. If your eating liver, you definitely don't need niacinamide and p5p, and they may be making things worse. be watchful how you feel after eating liver too, it gave me anxiety attacks when I was really low thyroid. Its too much vitamin A and phosphate and iron to handle for low thyroid people, but its ok in moderation for b vitamins. using eggs, OJ, milk, oysters, occasional seafood and meat, should be more than enough b vitamins without it. He does not reccomend taurine, isolated amino acids are problematic.
Alright, I'll drop those things then. It's really hard for me to eat liver because where I live it's impossible to find it fresh so it stinks like absolute ***t, but I'll force myself. Do you think it's possible that dropping these would let the thyroid supplement start working?

gaze

Alright, I'll drop those things then. It's really hard for me to eat liver because where I live it's impossible to find it fresh so it stinks like absolute ***t. Do you think it's possible that dropping these would let the thyroid supplement start working?
definitely don't eat liver in that case. Focus on eating nutrition day in and day out, get sunlight, don't force feed yourself just try to follow your appetite. Before you begin thyroid, I would try to work on food first, getting 80-100 grams of protein per day consistently, around 4000 Iu of vitamin D per day, salting your food. Its a slow process, so just take it slow. Things dont improve over night but in a month you'll look back and see youve slowly improved. After a while you should be able to tell how certain foods effect how you feel and your temperature. Once you get a better sort of how things make you feel, you can start thyroid again slowly, to test it. Definitely take it slow and easy though, most important thing is to relax as best you can and eat nourishing foods. If you find you cant relax, just sip on some OJ and salty cheese, and ride it out. trying to take a thyroid supplement or other supplements in that state may make it worse by causing stimulation you cant handle

OP
deliciousfruit
definitely don't eat liver in that case. Focus on eating nutrition day in and day out, get sunlight, don't force feed yourself just try to follow your appetite. Before you begin thyroid, I would try to work on food first, getting 80-100 grams of protein per day consistently, around 4000 Iu of vitamin D per day, salting your food. Its a slow process, so just take it slow. After a while you should be able to tell how certain foods effect how you feel and your temperature. Once you get a better sort of how things make you feel, you can start thyroid again slowly, to test it. Definitely take it slow and easy though, most important thing is to relax as best you can and eat nourishing foods. If you find you cant relax, just sip on some OJ and salty cheese, and ride it out. trying to take a thyroid supplement or other supplements in that state may make it worse by causing stimulation you cant handle
Thanks.
I've been doing the diet stuff for a quite a while, milk, oj, gelatin, eggs, oysters, etc etc, bicarb soda for sodium.
It's really hard to relax because I'm just so sick, I have such intense derealization/depersonalisation 24/7, I'm extremely sensitive to scents, no money, family isn't compassionate or helpful whatsoever... if I go into the sun I get a stress response and start shaking uncontrollably and really bad anxiety
I have no appetite, I have to force food down my throat. when it comes its only for starch like bread or potatoes

gaze

Thanks.
I've been doing the diet stuff for a quite a while, milk, oj, gelatin, eggs, oysters, etc etc, bicarb soda for sodium.
It's really hard to relax because I'm just so sick, I have such intense derealization/depersonalisation 24/7, I'm extremely sensitive to scents, no money, family isn't compassionate or helpful whatsoever... if I go into the sun I get a stress response and start shaking uncontrollably and really bad anxiety
I have no appetite, I have to force food down my throat. when it comes its only for starch like bread or potatoes
eat the bread and potatoes. you should just try to be observant, if the bread and potatoes make you feel worse after eating, then somethings up, but if you feel better then go for it. putting butter on it will make it better. if you have an appetite, that's a good place to start. the bread and potato cravings, combined with the shaky feelings, means you need more carbs, so any carb you can tolerate is a good thing to try. don't feel like you have to eat a certain food or a certain calorie limit, try to listen to yourself as best as you can, even if it's hard. that's definitly a tough situation. i went through similar things, and a family that doesn't understand makes it much worse. just out of curiosity, are you drinking fortified milk?

Last edited:
OP
deliciousfruit
eat the bread and potatoes. you should just try to be observant, if the bread and potatoes make you feel worse after eating, then somethings up, but if you feel better then go for it. putting butter on it will make it better. if you have an appetite, that's a good place to start. the bread and potato cravings, combined with the shaky feelings, means you need more carbs, so any carb you can tolerate is a good thing to try. don't feel like you have to eat a certain food or a certain calorie limit, try to listen to yourself as best as you can, even if it's hard. that's definitly a tough situation. i went through similar things, and a family that doesn't understand makes it much worse. just out of curiosity, are you drinking fortified milk?
Thanks again.
No, the just regular grass fed stuff

OP
deliciousfruit
I made a big realization tonight that my excessive amount of routine might be keeping me sick. Everyday is the same, hours spent on my computer, either browsing this forum or some other health website, playing the same songs on guitar, walking the same route. I probably need to introduce more spontaneity, and try hard to do things I can enjoy, as hard as it can be in my current state.

OP
deliciousfruit
I've been taking progesterone and vitamin A for the past week, and started thyroid today. My temperature went from 97.2 to 98.8 within 30 minutes! Previously when I took thyroid it would always go down.

Vileplume

I've been taking progesterone and vitamin A for the past week, and started thyroid today. My temperature went from 97.2 to 98.8 within 30 minutes! Previously when I took thyroid it would always go down.
So awesome! Keep us updated. If you don’t mind, how much of each did you take? Tyromax?

OP
deliciousfruit
So awesome! Keep us updated. If you don’t mind, how much of each did you take? Tyromax?
Thanks! Sure will. 9 drops of Progestene (15mg) and 50,000 IUs of vitamin A (with 90 IUs of vitamin E) each day. I've been using 1 drop of Tyromix.

OP
deliciousfruit
I'm really scared at the moment, I feel on the constant verge of psychosis, my senses are too overloaded. I can't sleep at all and it's freaking me out. I was only taking 1 drop of tyromix and my temperature starting getting higher and higher, when it reached 99.1 I stopped taking it so I stopped taking it. I've been loading myself with sugar, salt, niacinamide, cyproheptadine, progesterone, but nothing is helping and I'm feeling way to close to just a complete sensory overload

Vileplume

I'm really scared at the moment, I feel on the constant verge of psychosis, my senses are too overloaded. I can't sleep at all and it's freaking me out. I was only taking 1 drop of tyromix and my temperature starting getting higher and higher, when it reached 99.1 I stopped taking it so I stopped taking it. I've been loading myself with sugar, salt, niacinamide, cyproheptadine, progesterone, but nothing is helping and I'm feeling way to close to just a complete sensory overload
Good for you recognizing that you’re close to a sensory overload. I have gotten that way before from taking a lot of supplements at once.

Sometimes it can be stabilizing to take a bit of time away from all supplements and then go one at a time reintroducing them slowly. Also, I’ve recently been trying to focus on my adrenals before trying thyroid again in the future. I’m taking this herbal supplement called “Adrenal Edge,” which seems to be calming me down in a stable way.

Also, when you say you’re consuming sugar, which form does it take? Pure white sugar, juice, honey, or fruit, or something else?

Are you getting enough protein?

Tyromix has t4 as well, right? Ray has said that, even though short term t4 doesn't increase thyroid function, it accumulates in the body, since it has a long half life. I wonder if you got temporarily hyperthyroid due to all the t4 starting to be convernted to t3. Simply discontinuing the tyromix for now should help, if that's the case.

OP
deliciousfruit
Good for you recognizing that you’re close to a sensory overload. I have gotten that way before from taking a lot of supplements at once.

Sometimes it can be stabilizing to take a bit of time away from all supplements and then go one at a time reintroducing them slowly. Also, I’ve recently been trying to focus on my adrenals before trying thyroid again in the future. I’m taking this herbal supplement called “Adrenal Edge,” which seems to be calming me down in a stable way.

Also, when you say you’re consuming sugar, which form does it take? Pure white sugar, juice, honey, or fruit, or something else?
Thanks for replying so quick, I tried removing all supplements a few weeks ago, I instantly felt worse, couldn't digest food, sleep, constantly felt on edge, etc. I'm not taking much atm, just 3-4 which all make me feel better with them than without.

I think it would be wise for me to also stop with the thyroid for now, I think something that will help my body get out of 'hibernation' mode like a very strong serotonin antagonist could do the trick to getting my on the path to fixing the thyroid. Have you considered something like that too?

Sugar mainly as apple/orange juice and white sugar added to milk

OP
deliciousfruit
Are you getting enough protein?

Tyromix has t4 as well, right? Ray has said that, even though short term t4 doesn't increase thyroid function, it accumulates in the body, since it has a long half life. I wonder if you got temporarily hyperthyroid due to all the t4 starting to be convernted to t3. Simply discontinuing the tyromix for now should help, if that's the case.
Hey thanks for replying so quick. Yeah, 90-100g protein a day atm. Yes, tyromix is t3 and T4 1:2 ratio. I really doubt that it's actually improving my thyroid function because I haven't felt better at all taking it...

Vileplume

Thanks for replying so quick, I tried removing all supplements a few weeks ago, I instantly felt worse, couldn't digest food, sleep, constantly felt on edge, etc. I'm not taking much atm, just 3-4 which all make me feel better with them than without.

I think it would be wise for me to also stop with the thyroid for now, I think something that will help my body get out of 'hibernation' mode like a very strong serotonin antagonist could do the trick to getting my on the path to fixing the thyroid. Have you considered something like that too?

Sugar mainly as apple/orange juice and white sugar added to milk
If they each make you feel better then that’s great! So it seems like the thyroid might be the major problematic part right now.

Serotonin antagonist is definitely worth a shot. I have used cypro mostly for that purpose, but never for too long because I worry about long term side effects. However, many on this forum report lots of benefits from them. If you stick with a serotonin antagonist for a bit, see how you get on, see if you feel yourself stabilizing. And if you don’t like how you feel, there are always more options.

Do you urinate frequently, by chance? That’s been a long standing issue of mine and I only recently keyed in on cortisol/adrenal problems as a cause.

OJ digests well for me, but it caused me to pee a lot so I’m taking a break from it, trying more solid fruit instead. I’m a bit more bloated, but I’m urinating less.

OP
deliciousfruit
If they each make you feel better then that’s great! So it seems like the thyroid might be the major problematic part right now.

Serotonin antagonist is definitely worth a shot. I have used cypro mostly for that purpose, but never for too long because I worry about long term side effects. However, many on this forum report lots of benefits from them. If you stick with a serotonin antagonist for a bit, see how you get on, see if you feel yourself stabilizing. And if you don’t like how you feel, there are always more options.

Do you urinate frequently, by chance? That’s been a long standing issue of mine and I only recently keyed in on cortisol/adrenal problems as a cause.

OJ digests well for me, but it caused me to pee a lot so I’m taking a break from it, trying more solid fruit instead. I’m a bit more bloated, but I’m urinating less.
I know how you feel about cypro, unfortunately I have no choice not to take it twice a day otherwise I terrible digestive symptoms. I am thinking of trying something a lot more potent for serotonin, something Ray has spoken about ;)

I was urinating a hell of a lot recently, but it stopped a while ago, not sure what I did. It could have been the progesterone, I think estrogen weakens the bladder, probably lots of causes though.

OJ is great, just can't be bothered juicing the oranges myself because all the store bought ones are too tart. I eat very little solid fruit, maybe I should give them more of a try

Kram

Make sure you get your temps to 98.7 during the day with thyroid. I'd also add in Lapodin to increase the NAD:NADH ratio, lowering cortisol, improving redox status, increase serotonin uptake by platelets, etc. Lapodin has made a very noticeable difference for me.
Then focus on easy to digest foods, such as milk and fruit juice. Adding in oysters or organ meat will give you the rest of the minerals and vitamins you might be lacking from the milk and fruit juice.
If you have low blood platelets, can this then increase serotonin's influence in the body? Thanks Hans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals