Should Temps Rise Or Fall After Meals?

rise.

If they fall that means high stress hormones (adrenalin and cortisol) and eating lowers the stress hormones and thereby lowers temperatures that the stress hormones are maintaining.

It is a sign of hypo thyroidism

Cirion

Also, some food combinations can lower temperature, like lots of cold liquids without anything solid and/or warm..

I have learned its best not to eat liquid and/or cold foods alone in general if it is possible. For example, the following combos are pretty decent: Having a coke with some hot potatoes or meat. Having some orange juice with warm bread (actually, after I wrote that, OJ with bread sounds weird LOL but you get the idea). Having a glass of milk with cheese/gelatin. Etc...

Kartoffel

rise.

If they fall that means high stress hormones (adrenalin and cortisol) and eating lowers the stress hormones and thereby lowers temperatures that the stress hormones are maintaining.

I think this actually almost never happens. I think the most likely reason for falling temperatures after a meal is endotoxin and bacterial translocation. Most people that get colder after a meal also report cold hands, sweating, and irritability. All of these are signs of endotoxin and increased adrenaline.

I think this actually almost never happens. I think the most likely reason for falling temperatures after a meal is endotoxin and bacterial translocation. Most people that get colder after a meal also report cold hands, sweating, and irritability. All of these are signs of endotoxin and increased adrenaline.

Very interesting theory but Dr. Peat has convincingly explained that it is due to falling stress hormones after eating and I believe this.

Cold hands and feet can be from the body’s dedicating its energies to digestion, and therefore drawing blood into the core. Food can put an additional metabolic burden on a hypothyroid person during digestion causing an exaggerated response.

Temperatures can fall after eating for me when I’m hypothyroid.

Kartoffel

Very interesting theory but Dr. Peat has convincingly explained that it is due to falling stress hormones after eating and I believe this.

Cold hands and feet can be from the body’s dedicating its energies to digestion, and therefore drawing blood into the core. Food can put an additional metabolic burden on a hypothyroid person during digestion causing an exaggerated response.

Temperatures can fall after eating for me when I’m hypothyroid.

I believe most people's problems come from endotoxin and bacteria, that's why I believe that this is the much more likely scenario. If adrenaline is lowered, blood circulation to both the digestive system and the peripheral extremities will be increased. Besides, there are some studies showing that stress hormones like cortisol actually spike after a meal. So, the idea of a meal immediately reducing stress hormones is a bit misleading.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals