Should I try Korean black/ red ginseng

Lostguy24

I’ve had some problems with certain brands but I was wondering if this high end Korean stuff is any good or better than the stuff I tried in the past

uglehpug

I can not compare it with anything but I'll warn you that dosage must be really small for the first start.

Aleeri

Its main effects on energy and libido come from increasing estrogen and cortisol

Both of these are incorrect. For anyone interested I've written in detail on this forum previously how Ginseng is a Peaty supplement.

OP
L

Lostguy24

In my experience I never go over a small pinch on red ginseng if I'm taking it alone, that's about less than half gram. When you go over 1 gram, you get your heart racing rest of the day.
I’ve heard American ginseng is less stimulating should I try that

Aleeri

That ginseng is stimulating is a very much western idea from people who do not understand ginseng. I often use 3-4g of Korean Red Ginseng per day and it has no stimulating effect at all. I use it before bed even. Ginseng adjusts the nervous system, stimulating when tired and relaxing when stressed, there is plenty of data to show that it's an adaptogen, just simply google the study on ginseng and sleep. In other studies ginseng has prevented the overstimulating effects of cocaine in mice.

I recommend spending some time reading the Korean Journal of Ginseng Science, it will teach you a lot about this herb.

DMF

What is it you're trying it for?
I take red Korean ginseng before my open water swims when the water gets down in temperature. 'Can't explain exactly what it's doing - but I'm able to withstand frigid waters in a way where it aids in giving my system a "heating boost".

DMF

That ginseng is stimulating is a very much western idea from people who do not understand ginseng. I often use 3-4g of Korean Red Ginseng per day and it has no stimulating effect at all. I use it before bed even. Ginseng adjusts the nervous system, stimulating when tired and relaxing when stressed, there is plenty of data to show that it's an adaptogen, just simply google the study on ginseng and sleep. In other studies ginseng has prevented the overstimulating effects of cocaine in mice.

I recommend spending some time reading the Korean Journal of Ginseng Science, it will teach you a lot about this herb.
How long have you been taking Ginseng in this amount as well as times of the day?
I would think before bed it'd keep you up.
Are you a healthier person as a result ?

db9

Isn’t ginseng a inhibitor of the 5 reductase enzyme therefore blocking the effects of dht. From my own experience it gives you energy but it’s not worth since you feel a lot of anxiety and fear and I suppose this is from the fact that there is no dht production in your body.