Should i take Glycine or collagen?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I prefer broth. I feel it much more potently than collagen. But apart from broth, I prefer collagen as you get a lot of other beneficial amino acids and peptides as well. Preferably use isolated supps as infrequently as you can.
If you're sensitive to arginine (get herpes from it), then you can use only glycine or just add lysine.

Ben.

I'd recommend it in that order aswell. Based on my experience broth feels very "healing" for the gut very noticeably. Its a drag and alot of effort to make. Especially since cooking times and recommendations differ alot on how to make it ideally and a ruined batch is very de-motivating. Buying is insanely expensive and not feasible long term.

However i like glycin powder (more like crystals tbh) for convenience along with food to balance proteins in meals like meat or milk. Glycine has a sweetness to it so if using it in a shake or sauce that might add/change flavour a little.

OP
A

andrew81

I prefer broth. I feel it much more potently than collagen. But apart from broth, I prefer collagen as you get a lot of other beneficial amino acids and peptides as well. Preferably use isolated supps as infrequently as you can.
If you're sensitive to arginine (get herpes from it), then you can use only glycine or just add lysine.
I'd recommend it in that order aswell. Based on my experience broth feels very "healing" for the gut very noticeably. Its a drag and alot of effort to make. Especially since cooking times and recommendations differ alot on how to make it ideally and a ruined batch is very de-motivating. Buying is insanely expensive and not feasible long term.

However i like glycin powder (more like crystals tbh) for convenience along with food to balance proteins in meals like meat or milk. Glycine has a sweetness to it so if using it in a shake or sauce that might add/change flavour a little.
I tried making broth but i read you need 12 +hours and that just too expensive for me .
I was referring to normal collagen powder, would it be more beneficial than glycine alone? Also better absorption?

LeeLemonoil

You can just a add a teaspoon of glycine powder to collagen or Gelatine powder to up the Glycine percentage while getting the other beneficial aminos abd peptides too

Hans

Forum Supporter
I tried making broth but i read you need 12 +hours and that just too expensive for me .
I was referring to normal collagen powder, would it be more beneficial than glycine alone? Also better absorption?
I've had good results with only 3 hours.
As I've mentioned above, collagen has many other beneficial amino acids and peptides that glycine alone doesn't have.

It takes me 3 hours to make chicken bone broth and 5 hours to make beef bone broth. I just made beef broth today!

Attachments

• AC8B7AA2-973A-4EDF-97E9-1DAE28D2BA8D.jpeg
    AC8B7AA2-973A-4EDF-97E9-1DAE28D2BA8D.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 07849093-3EA4-4798-9BBF-971B269F44E7.jpeg
    07849093-3EA4-4798-9BBF-971B269F44E7.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 23
I like the ease of collagen, but think gelatin is healthier. Be sure and “bloom” the gelatin before adding hot water.

LadyRae

I use a mixture of both. My hydrolyzed collagen powder is from multiple sources to get all the different types. Eggshell membrane, fish bones, chicken and beef... This type mixes well into hot or cold liquids.

For the beef gelatin, I just use Zen principle grass-fed beef gelatin powder. This does need to be bloomed and mixed into tepid water and then heated but it only takes a couple minutes. I make a lot of blended fruit jellos with this with coconut Cool whip on top...