Should I Really Start On Coffee/Caffeine?

Steve123

I know coffee has its massive array of benefits, but i've read a few negatives that have put me off slightly and i need these stupid doubts put to sleep..I would appreciate some advice or tips on this..
I've heard that you become very dependent on coffee, is this true, or is it down to how much you consume? Is it true that it shuts down natural production of thyroid production meaning you would need to keep on drinking coffee or am i at the wrong end of the stick on this one? If i get into coffee, will i be able to safely stop consuming it when i like with no adverse effect of anything?
What about the negative effects on GABA/Glutamate.. What the take on that?
Would it be best to only consume it on certain days etc?

I've never drunk coffee in my life so is it really so good as to jump on the coffee train? I'm 18 as-well.

Frankdee20

It gets to the point where you won't even get stimulated from it, but that's okay, it's delicious, I can tolerate 4-5 cups NP

REOSIRENS

If you are vitamin A thiamine potassium magnesium repleted you shouldn't worry about coffee since it uses these nutrients to stimulate metabolism and fight depression...problems arise when you don't have(healthy levels) these nutrients in your body... Other problem is the fact many people abuse coffee and drink a lot expecting it will always provide the same uplifting effect cup after cup ... Best way to drink coffee is with a meal...morning and sometimes lunch... Do not overdo...

If you feel prolactin or parathyroid hormone are high... so then coffee is one weapon to lower them... but without sugar

OP
S

Steve123

If you are vitamin A thiamine potassium magnesium repleted you shouldn't worry about coffee since it uses these nutrients to stimulate metabolism and fight depression...problems arise when you don't have(healthy levels) these nutrients in your body... Other problem is the fact many people abuse coffee and drink a lot expecting it will always provide the same uplifting effect cup after cup ... Best way to drink coffee is with a meal...morning and sometimes lunch... Do not overdo...

If you feel prolactin or parathyroid hormone are high... so then coffee is one weapon to lower them... but without sugar
Thats really good to know that it can lower prolactin and parathyroid. I guess i'm just scared that i'll become reliant on it for the rest of my life after i've given my brain a taste of it LOL. Thanks guys!

dbh25

You may not like coffee after you try it. It took a bit of time drinking it before it became a habit.

M

marikay

Thats really good to know that it can lower prolactin and parathyroid. I guess i'm just scared that i'll become reliant on it for the rest of my life after i've given my brain a taste of it LOL. Thanks guys!

Hi.

Just to clarify, Ray has said repeatedly that you should not drink coffee without sugar or something sweet to eat at the same time you drink coffee. Black coffee powerfully lowers blood sugar if you don't take sugar along with it. And low blood sugar is about as non-Peat as you can get. The jittery feeling that many attribute to the caffeine in coffee is more often due to low blood sugar, along with the cranky mood.

Coffee also blocks iron absorption, so it's good to drink (with sugar) when you eat red meet or other iron heavy foods.

Cheers.

OP
S

Steve123

Hi.

Just to clarify, Ray has said repeatedly that you should not drink coffee without sugar or something sweet to eat at the same time you drink coffee. Black coffee powerfully lowers blood sugar if you don't take sugar along with it. And low blood sugar is about as non-Peat as you can get. The jittery feeling that many attribute to the caffeine in coffee is more often due to low blood sugar, along with the cranky mood.

Coffee also blocks iron absorption, so it's good to drink (with sugar) when you eat red meet or other iron heavy foods.

Cheers.

Thanks for your tips on this, i cant wait to start on the coffee now !

Frankdee20

I agree about the sugar thing, sometimes I sneak a lil Teeling Irish Whiskey in it, he he.

REOSIRENS

Hi.

Cheers.
If you have chronic low levels of Glucose yes... sometimes meals provide a great deal of carbs and sugar to go with coffee(without sugar)... At times I drink coffee with milk... My meals are light and have fruits so I don't need sugar on it... If you have chronically high prolactin and parathyroid you should drink with sugar ... Sugar can counteract some of prolactin lowering effects of coffee through glucose utilization...if your blood sugars are high you can use coffee (without sugar) to lower it as well... There is no inflexible rule... You just have to feel your body...if your blood sugars(or prolactin and parathyroid) are high drink it without sugar...if they are chronically low add sugar or milk...

REOSIRENS

R
, Ray has said repeatedly that you should not drink coffee without sugar or something sweet to eat at the same time you drink coffee
Dr Raymond Peat speaks about it in some articles but he never wrote that is unbreakable rule... Coffee C02 Triiodothyronine are very helpful lowering blood sugars by promoting efficient Glucose utilization ...and they only cause problems if you run low in terms of glucose or Gaba amino acids ... So if you suffer from hypoglycemia/or fasting you can add sugar... Best results for me happen when I eat fruits and drink coffee without sugar ...

M

marikay

R

Dr Raymond Peat speaks about it in some articles but he never wrote that is unbreakable rule... Coffee C02 Triiodothyronine are very helpful lowering blood sugars by promoting efficient Glucose utilization ...and they only cause problems if you run low in terms of glucose or Gaba amino acids ... So if you suffer from hypoglycemia/or fasting you can add sugar... Best results for me happen when I eat fruits and drink coffee without sugar ...

I think if you read my post you will see that I mention eating something sweet (like fruit) while drinking coffee would work to keep blood sugar up. And Ray almost never speaks or writes about drinking coffee without mentioning the need to take something sweet at the same time. Keeping blood sugar from dropping too low is a primary concern for Peat and pretty much the only concern he has regarding coffee intake.

A.R

These are very interesting points about coffee. It's sounds like a good weapon to use short term in lowering prolactin .
Would you say black coffee without sugar would be more potent in lowering prolactin , or will it cause too much stress?

Frankdee20

IMG_1695.PNG When you're out of sugar, this suffices.

Frankdee20

Only tried Thiamine as part of B Complex, never noticed cognitive enhancement from anything. I'd love to use B1, and B3, B6 separately, but that just gets to be much fuss.

REOSIRENS

These are very interesting points about coffee. It's sounds like a good weapon to use short term in lowering prolactin .
Would you say black coffee without sugar would be more potent in lowering prolactin , or will it cause too much stress?
Without sugar it is very effective in lowering prolactin and parathyroid hormones... It will not rise cortisol if you don't overdo ... It is all about balance ... Even if you overdo there are tons of quick fixes(chamomile tea ...fruits... Milk... )

OP
S

Steve123

Sorry for my dullness here but When you say to always include sugar in your coffee.. Could this be in the form of other sugar sources e.g dates and dark chocolate and not including pure cane sugar? Thanks !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals