Should i lower my fat intake?

peatyzilian

I'm noticing that i'm getting at least 100g of fat a day. Protein is in a range of 90-120g, and carbs around 300-400g. The fats are mainly satured.
I've heard before that a high carb and high fat diet could be dangerous. Is this true?:

Samya

I'm not sure but subscribing to the conversation as its an interesting question.

I prefer having a decent amount of fat in my diet as food tastes better, I'm less hungry and have better skin which I sense reflects internal health.

A lot of the health community agrees on not combining fat and carbs as too much fat can cause an inability to burn carbs. Ray talks about the Randle cycle but has also said up to 50% fat can be ok. If you can burn both well I'm not sure its dangerous. I can't help but think of our first food, human breast milk, which is high in both fat and carbs and low in protein. Granted it is made to be somewhat fattening to protect the baby, but I doubt its inherently damaging given its evolved to be a protective food.

Last edited:

JohnHafterson

Looks like your fat is falling between 30%~40% daily wouldn't consider that high fat. If you're not gaining weight and energy levels for daily activities and exercise are good wouldn't be concerned.

I eat about 50-60% fat but am low carbing for medical reasons to keep my insulin doses low and blood sugars in control ( Type 1 Diabetes ).

I can tell my higher fat content does effect my exercise capacity for strenuous acitivities like mountain biking. If I switch to higher carb my exercise capacity increase but I lose some blood sugar control.

Samya

Looks like your fat is falling between 30%~40% daily wouldn't consider that high fat. If you're not gaining weight and energy levels for daily activities and exercise are good wouldn't be concerned.

I eat about 50-60% fat but am low carbing for medical reasons to keep my insulin doses low and blood sugars in control ( Type 1 Diabetes ).

I can tell my higher fat content does effect my exercise capacity for strenuous acitivities like mountain biking. If I switch to higher carb my exercise capacity increase but I lose some blood sugar control.
If I'm having whole milk I'll usually be at around 50% fat and also notice a decrease in energy when hiking, unless I'm making sure to drink enough to keep glucose steadily available. I find if I add just a small amount of honey, coffee and salt it makes the world of difference when exercising.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals