Should I Get Back Into Caffeine ?

TurtleNeck

I quit 2 years ago because I read lots of negative things about it. I was doing low carb at the time with one coffee a day swinging kettle bells (1 way ticket to stress city please)

Now I am a lot better metabolically . Temps 36.9-37.6

I do have agoraphobia with panic disorder so I avoided it for that reason should I try adding it again in like soft drinks ?

Luke T

Yes, you can read about it's many benefits here Caffeine: A vitamin-like nutrient, or adaptogen. Questions about tea and coffee, cancer and other degenerative diseases, and the hormones.
If you can tolerate it, then it is highly recommended by Ray Peat. Also, coffee has a lot of benefits beside the benefits of caffeine alone
I myself can not tolerate any caffeine anymore... I wish I could...
Try to have it with cream and a lot of sugar/a meal as this makes it easier to handle if I remember correctly.
Also, Archer is my favourite show :D

DaveFoster

It helps my anxiety significantly; the key is maintaining a stable serum conentration by sipping it throughout the day with plenty of sugar and fat.

M

member 2106

If you're going to reintroduce it into your diet, I'd start with VERY small amounts. I also have panic disorder, and if I drink a coffee at the wrong time, it can really mess me up. But it's usually okay after a meal, as long as it's a low dose. If done properly it can make you feel good. I think if it makes you jittery and uncomfortable, even on a full stomach, you should probably leave it for now. Stimulation is sometimes the last thing you need when you're prone to panic attacks.

Herbie

It used to be negative for me, I used to have the symptoms of psychiatric disorders.

over the past few months I'm getting around 1000mg of caffeine from 8 coffees a day with 200g of sugar and 2 litres of low fat milk, cokes and redbull (both cane sugar)

I don't get any highs or rushes, just a steady state of wellbeing.

There's a lot of prejudice about this lifestyle but I naturally ended up doing this over time. To find out that it isn't what I would have expected.

M

member 2106

It helps my anxiety significantly; the key is maintaining a stable serum conentration by sipping it throughout the day with plenty of sugar and fat.

I'm actually planning to reintroduce coffee in this way. I think I've been doing it all wrong.

My idea is to have a flask of good coffee that I can sip throughout the day. Do you reckon it's a good idea to put some gelatin in it (as well as a wee bit of coconut oil and lots of sugar)? If so, what form of gelatin would be easiest - sheets, powder? Any ideas for how to make a super coffee much appreciated.

DaveFoster

I'm actually planning to reintroduce coffee in this way. I think I've been doing it all wrong.

My idea is to have a flask of good coffee that I can sip throughout the day. Do you reckon it's a good idea to put some gelatin in it (as well as a wee bit of coconut oil and lots of sugar)? If so, what form of gelatin would be easiest - sheets, powder? Any ideas for how to make a super coffee much appreciated.
It's a good idea to make a home-made Starbucks drink; gelatin is good. It should be very rich, calorically dense, and sweet.

Velve921

Sugar + coconut oil + Great Lakes gelatin + milk is my daily super drink that I sip throughout the day.

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

So would a good idea to like start with ice tea and move my way to pepsi and such?

i really dislike coffee. and energy drinks too much caffeine for me

OP
TurtleNeck

TurtleNeck

And what benifits would I get from starting again ?

Would it be worth ?

Velve921

Yes.

1-3 tbsp of gelatin
1-3 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of coconut oil or butter
(Yields different tastes/texture)
8 oz of coffee
4 oz of milk
1/4 grain of NDT or 325mg of aspirin or 50mg of niacinamide (the supplementation is what works best for me)

Find a ratio/combo that works for you.

M

member 2106

And what benifits would I get from starting again ?

Would it be worth ?

Some people say that caffeine has actually helped with their anxiety. I'm not one of them, and would probably advise holding off until you're feeling stronger mentally, because it can definitely make things work if you're not careful.

I think the caffeine content is really low in things like Coke and Pepsi, so it's very unlikely to put you into a revved up state that can make you feel panicky.

Coffee is a good source of caffeine because it's supposed to have a long list of additional benefits. And it's delicious. So if you're going to start drinking coffee again, just start off very weak, not every day, and stick to having them at home if you're a bit uncomfortable in public.

I'm taking little bits of coffee now that I'm starting to feel a little less agoraphobic, but I'm being very cautious not to let it make me feel uncomfortably stimulated.

TubZy

I'm sensitive as hell to caffeine but I found that I can tolerate 400mg of caffeine (which is a lot for me at a time) perfectly fine with 1 grams of taurine, 2 tablespoons of gelatin, and sugar if taken at the same time as it....i also take pregnenolone at the same time as it. I will occasionally top off the caffeine capsule with some theanine too. If I don't do that and take the caffeine alone, boy oh boy, I feel way overstimulated....

Any ideas for how to make a super coffee much appreciated.

I quit coffee once before I was peating because it made me jittery. When I started drinking coffee again I tolerated instant coffee a lot better for some reason. I also added it to milk rather than water, so I'm sure that helped. Now that I peat I add tons of sugar to it, too. Even when I drink regular coffee I usually drink it with powdered milk so that I can get more milk into it. I sometimes joke about adding powdered milk to regular milk to create super milk.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Caffeine from four cups of coffee protects the heart with the help of mitochondria

New research. Seems like Coffee gets some protein called P27 into the
mitochondria where it protects heart tissue and even helps to restore functional tissue after stroke (preventing scarring/fibrosis). Roughly 4 cups of coffee was the dose @haidut

Thanks. I saw that earlier this summer. I think it is posted somewhere on the forum. One thing to keep in mind is that caffeine is dopaminergic and dopaminergi chemicals have been used as heart tonics for ages. Camphor (a cousin to the dopaminergic adamantanes) is another pro-dopamine chemical and is used for heart maladies all over the world. In Germany it is even approved as a drug for heart failure in combination with Hawthorn extract.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals