Should I Eat To Craving?

tara

Peateat said:
any idea what a craving for raspberry flavored soda might mean?
Oops, I was thinking of eating to cravings of actual food, not counterfeit food in the form of artificial flavourings and colourings. Maybe try some actual raspberries? :lol: They make a great sauce for cheese cake or icecream, etc. I bet carbonated real raspberry cordial would be good, and skips the seeds.

pboy

the only times ive ever had craving for fruity or citrusy, lemon flavored things if I remember was either for sugar that was dense relatively or, especially a source with vit C. But you gotta interpret it...see what else youre craving then try to cross reference them

Amazoniac

This also applies to relationships. Listening to someone might give you a clue of what they are trying to say..

Regarding cravings, the more we are deficient in a nutrient, the more our body forgives the downsides of a food. In other words, if you are craving something so much, you don't mind the bad feeling that comes with it after. I think eating a la Matt Stone for a while might work because you will supply the deficiency to a point where you become more aware of the whole and it doesn't worth anymore going after that nutrient but having to take all the negatives that come with it.

Edit: to be fair to Matt, I respect him a lot and must note that this only applies to his diet recovery recommendations.

tara

sueq said:
I too find cravings sometimes very useful pointers. Those times I feel very good after following them. Other times the signals don't seem so clear and the results not so good.
In similar vein sometimes food makes you feel good as you swallow it. How would your body know so soon how well it will digest?
The potential is to read the signals so well that they guide you better than all the theory in the world. How cool would that be?!
:yeahthat

Dayman

Amazoniac said:
octaviankid said:
Peateat said:

I'd say your body is just craving carbohydrates.

Maybe.
But why exactly Raspberry flavour? This is what I meant by interpreting cravings..

The thing is when I had the craving I had coke on hand if my body just wanted sugar. But for some odd reason my body wanted raspberry soda. There is a natural brand available which I satisfied the craving with.
It's been years since I've had it, and I don't particularly go for it if I see it.
I do believe a part of it was the desire for a bit of variety, or maybe the craving was triggered by some unconscious memory.
Though since having the one small bottle I haven't had the craving for the raspberry soda flavor since, and don't expect I'll have it again any time soon.

tara

Peateat said:
Amazoniac said:
octaviankid said:
Peateat said:

I'd say your body is just craving carbohydrates.

Maybe.
But why exactly Raspberry flavour? This is what I meant by interpreting cravings..

The thing is when I had the craving I had coke on hand if my body just wanted sugar. But for some odd reason my body wanted raspberry soda. There is a natural brand available which I satisfied the craving with.
It's been years since I've had it, and I don't particularly go for it if I see it.
I do believe a part of it was the desire for a bit of variety, or maybe the craving was triggered by some unconscious memory.
Though since having the one small bottle I haven't had the craving for the raspberry soda flavor since, and don't expect I'll have it again any time soon.

I was making raspberry sauce last night, and poured off a bit of the strong sweet liquid for us to drink mixed with soda water. Boys and I all enjoyed.
Maybe there is some particular combination of minerals and acidity in there that your body knew it wanted. That the craving was satisfied may support this.

NotSoAlpha

Hmmm....

I wonder how much we can trust our cravings.

For example, sugar is good for the metabolism but I never crave it. Fruit and honey in my mind are things I eat for health, not enjoyment.

But I sure crave things such as burger king... ohhh christ BK burgers...... so amazingly good. But they're not so great for the health. The patty is fine but the cheese and bun and sauce all have crap ingredients in them.

If I truly ate to craving I'd probably eat nothing but Meat, Cheese, Hash-browns, Bread, Butter.

SQu

Not so alpha - perhaps you need more protein and fat?? Or dense calories??
You could experiment by making that food at home with good ingredients and see if it satisfies you.

sunmountain

Lindsay, how did you make the Thai curry soup?

I'm still enjoying your Russian cheese pie!

thanks

D

danishispsychic

im super into following my cravings lately. after being put on a diet at age 9, and being forced to sit at the table until i finished my brussel sprouts ( GAG ) having high cortisol from being abused by my father, having a nice eating disorder for a lot of years.... well, it is hard to tell what a REAL craving is after a whole lifetime of resisting them. now, i am trying to dig deep and see what it is that i WANT to eat and then i eat it. i am very peaty and right now, majorly into sugar, coffee, dairy, pregeneolone , and progest e. lately there is a pizza called caulipower that is what i am loving with a big splash of hot sauce on top. i wish it was made with coconut oil instead or whatever pufa junk is in it .... but it is BOMB.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals