Should I Bother With Minoxidil (picture)

Pet Peeve

Is there any concerns with minoxidil, at a systemic level?

It made my childhood asthma flare up for several months after only a few applications. I tried it again a year later with exactly the same result. I wouldn't touch it.

DaveFoster

When I was in high school, I used minoxidil to fill in my beard. It worked okay, but one time after applying a bit got in my mouth, and I experienced hypotension and anxiety; I thought I was dying.

Elysium

Not sure how old the OP is, either i missed it or this critical piece of information was for some strange reason not included, but the picture shows a full head of pretty thick hair.

It is normal to shed about a 100 hairs a day.

Progesterone

I strongly think MPB is due to low dopamine/high prolactin that occurs due to aging. Peat's principles have helped immensely in stopping my hair loss. (I am very young though so that might've been why I saw results so quickly.)

-1200 mg of caffeine daily (by far the most helpful)
-high protein/carb intake (low fat intake in general, almost 0 PUFA intake)
-zinc and magnesium supplements (less important than the first two imo)
-nofap also helps

The goal is to lower estrogen (which is the primary cause of high prolactin/low dopamine) by boosting liver function. Caffeine, Vitamin K, B-vitamins, high protein intake (80+ grams daily of good quality protein), high sugar intake will all help with this.

Interesting dude.

1200mg of caffeine a day though? most helpful? wow....

(BTW, THOUGHTS ON EPHEDRINE?!)

1. How do you space the caffeine out? 200mg few times a day? (your tolerance to caffeine must be sky-high now)
2. what protein do you eat the most? I've been eating a LOT of angus burgers, daily. and doing low carb too.

ddjd

Hi people,

Since going peaty i have noticed I am shedding a lot of hair. And recently I notice my coverage is not good on the apex/crown to prevent seeing the scalp, no matter how I style.

This morning when I run my hands gently through my hair 30-40 very thin, low pigment hairs fail out along with a bit of dandruff.

I am wondering if I should consider minoxidil to try and halt things (I read that it can be good for recent sufferers), I am yet to see much about side-affects. Obvious I have quite abit of hair, but the density down at the scalp is suffering.View attachment 5621

Recently I have started taking methlyene blue, cypro occasionally, niacinamide - this was well after noticing hair loss though.

picture attached.
your vitamin A is probably low

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals