SHOES - Much Narrower These Days , And, Causing Unseen Health Problems?

DMF

I take note of how cheaply made and inadequate most pairs of shoes are these days. Chiefly speaking, they're way too narrow, barely wrapping around the average wearer's feet, with the laces spaced too far, that's why I need 4E - 6E, even though my feet aren't wide. Good footwear hugs the foot firmly, giving a solid grounded feeling up & down the legs when walking. It can get expensive.

equipoise

Shoes were definitely sporting way more quality in the past, plus most of them are absolutely ridiculous nowadays and it's hard picking proper ones

reaching

yes. just get some wide and flat shoes. walk around barefoot when you can. a lot of these barefoot minimalist shoes are ridiculously expensive when you can just make your own for the fraction of the price. Minimalist Running Sandals (Huaraches)

If you want fancier stuff, there are tons of brands popping up here and there. Not sure how good they are but here are some:
Barefoot Shoes | Minimalist & Natural Footwear | Vivobarefoot (this are the expensive ones and they are too narrow for me in the middle but wide at the toes)

This dude is great if you have bad knees. check out his shoes guide. lots of cheap chinese. not bad.

View: https://kneesovertoesguy.medium.com/updated-and-fast-footwear-guide-dda74b44e5a4

yerrag

Not only shoes are narrower.

Pants are as well.

Squeezing balls tighter.

schultz

I frequently ruin my shoes by splitting them open on the sides because my feet are too wide. One pair I had for under a month. I jumped in the air with them and when I landed they split open where the sole connects to the top part. As a child I rarely wore shoes so I think my feet were never confined and stayed wide. My parents used to make us go to church when we were kids and there were 4 of us so it was probably hard to get us all ready. One Sunday in the winter (with snow on the ground) apparently when we got to church and everyone got out of the van I had no shoes on. I was dressed up for church but was walking barefoot in the snow. Drove my parents crazy. Must have been about 4 years old. In the summer I never had shoes on and we had this huge mulberry tree (actually gigantic, I've never seen one that big ever anywhere else... Was about 3 stories tall I think) and it dropped a ton of mulberries in the summer. My feet would get all purple from them. Drove my mom crazy lol.

Pants are as well.

Squeezing balls tighter.

Pants these days are actually tight on my calves. It feels weird. But at least they have stretchy material now for men's pants. For a long time there only women's jeans had stretchy material even though men's pants were also in the super slim style too.

OP
D

DMF

Pants are as well.

Squeezing balls tighter.
Yes, nowadays I'm opting for "relaxed fit" or "loose fit" pants as well. No more 501 Levi's. Now it's 550.

yerrag

Yes, nowadays I'm opting for "relaxed fit" or "loose fit" pants as well. No more 501 Levi's. Now it's 550.
It used to be that plumbers were the only people caricatured as exposing their butt when they squat, now it has been normalized by such pants.

I am pretty sure the fashion setters were not plumbers but Zionists out to transform society into a dystopia.

What looks terrible would become fashion, and because people like to gain approval by being fashionable to matter how horrible and tasteless it appears, they would conform.

Do you look more dignified in a standard men's suit that would only change by the width of the lapels in the past, or in the current fashion of being cramped in that you can hardly stretch your shoulders? Now, there is imprisonment rather than freedom of movement if ever there's one, a metaphor of the times we are in.

Last edited:

Missenger

The biggest thing is to avoid synthetics since they're naturally estrogenic and retain chemicals, the elastic on clothing is also synthetic. Some plastic clothing is made with fire retardant.

yerrag

The biggest thing is to avoid synthetics since they're naturally estrogenic and retain chemicals, the elastic on clothing is also synthetic. Some plastic clothing is made with fire retardant.
I beg to disagree. I've used Coolmax t-shirts that wick sweat very well in humid weather. They're gone now, but Dry-Fit does just as good a job.

It's only in dry desert weather where I'd use cotton shirts, as cotton retains the moisture and keeps me from dehydrating.

yerrag

I take note of how cheaply made and inadequate most pairs of shoes are these days. Chiefly speaking, they're way too narrow, barely wrapping around the average wearer's feet, with the laces spaced too far, that's why I need 4E - 6E, even though my feet aren't wide. Good footwear hugs the foot firmly, giving a solid grounded feeling up & down the legs when walking. It can get expensive.
Yeah. When I used to run, I'd always buy New Balance running shoes because they have width selections. But I was fine wearing regular sized formal leather shoes such as those from Florsheim, but they've run out of favor as synthetic foamy soles became popular for comfort in walking.

I always have Teva as strap-on sandals, although they've wised up and their soles last at most two years before I have to extend their life with Shoe Goo. They used to last ten years and they sure smell bad by then from sweat and dirt. I also like Chaco sandals for the sturdy build and excellent and durable rubber soles. They cost more but last much longer than the flimsy Havaianas.

Back to real shoes, I think they're narrower mainly because the pants and suits are narrower as well. If they stayed as wide, people would be walking around like Bozo the Clown.

Although that may still happen. It may be in the works already.

Missenger

I beg to disagree. I've used Coolmax t-shirts that wick sweat very well in humid weather. They're gone now, but Dry-Fit does just as good a job.

It's only in dry desert weather where I'd use cotton shirts, as cotton retains the moisture and keeps me from dehydrating.
I'm probably just oversensitive to plastics on my skin then, though I haven't gone through the variety of them that exist on the market, I've always thought the concept of that was kind of silly. It's good that you've found something that actually breathes to an extent at least.

Last edited:

PolishSun

Ifthey were made in china, they do not fir western people, because of the difference of the built. Chinese are small, and they produce shoes and clothes narrow.

yerrag

I'm probably just oversensitive to plastics on my skin then, though I haven't gone through the variety of them that exist on the market, I've always thought the concept of that was kind of silly. It's good that you've found something that actually breathes to an extent at least.
I hope you can find something that's hypoallergenic that is comfortable other than cotton. After I started wearing the synthetics that wick moisture well, it was hard for me to go back to cotton, as most of the year we have humid weather in the tropics. The synthetics also last a long time. Ten years gone by and they still look new, unless they're scratched by my cats, which I've managed to avoid lately.

jdrop

I am close to 6 months of wearing Xero brand shoes. Had tried lots of minimalist shoes in the past, they were all bad decisions. Moccasins didn't do well for me, either.
The Xero shoes are pretty damn good. Feet are appreciating it and I can move better. Definitely better environmental feedback happening, it is a nice design that works for me.

MrGilbert

Okay but he didn't say they weren't good at wicking sweat. The issue is whether or not they're estrogenic.

yerrag

Okay but he didn't say they weren't good at wicking sweat. The issue is whether or not they're estrogenic.
I didn't hear estrogenic except from you. Let's start with you then. Why do you say they're estrogenic? So you're saying the act of wearing synthetic clothing increases estrogen. Is it in the same way that you're drinking water from BPA bottles? Or in the same way that you're taking in PUFAs?

MrGilbert

I didn't hear estrogenic except from you. Let's start with you then. Why do you say they're estrogenic? So you're saying the act of wearing synthetic clothing increases estrogen. Is it in the same way that you're drinking water from BPA bottles? Or in the same way that you're taking in PUFAs?
I didn't say they were estrogenic, the reply that you disagreed with did. In any case, I would like to know whether or not that's true, as that is something easily avoidable.

yerrag

I didn't say they were estrogenic, the reply that you disagreed with did. In any case, I would like to know whether or not that's true, as that is something easily avoidable.
Oh sorry, he did say that they're naturally estrogenic. But I have no idea how they are wrapped loosely around me as clothing in a very breathable way.

MrGilbert

Oh sorry, he did say that they're naturally estrogenic. But I have no idea how they are wrapped loosely around me as clothing in a very breathable way.
Yeah I suppose tighter fitting clothing/underwear would be the bigger issue if true

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom