Shingles

Mary Lyn

This is what you need to get going. Later you can add spooky central and bulbs but his kit will do a scan and treatment.

Texon

This is what you need to get going. Later you can add spooky central and bulbs but his kit will do a scan and treatment.
Thanks again!

Inaut

bump.

@Mary Lyn are you able to select the frequency? I'm curious to know if you ever tried 666hz if so. Thanks

Mary Lyn

bump.

@Mary Lyn are you able to select the frequency? I'm curious to know if you ever tried 666hz if so. Thanks
I ran a scan from the range of frequencies advised by another sufferer who has a group on FB and then ran the top twenty 'hits' a few times till symptoms went. I don't think that one was in it. Is it one you have used?

Mossy

If anyone has any success stories for shingles, based on what was discussed on this thread, can you please share?

Sefton10

If anyone has any success stories for shingles, based on what was discussed on this thread, can you please share?
Lysine for me. You can buy the pure powder.

Mossy

Lysine for me. You can buy the pure powder.
Thank you. My brother has a severe shingles attack and is taking 9,000mg lysine a day. If you happen to have any other information that you feel has helped, please pass it along.

David PS

Birdie

The ratio of lysine to arginine in the diet is considered to be important for other viruses. Dairy products are at the high end. PUFA containing nuts are a no-no.
Yes, I used a chart like this. My husband and I got shingles simultaneously. And we got well together. Even now, I feel the tingle and pain in that same spot about once a month. We've got chocolate back in our diet, but in small amounts. We use lysine occasionally and I still read the lysine-arginine chart at times.

I've helped a few friends by asking if they are eating nuts when they get a breakout. They stop the nuts and problem solved.

Mossy

David PS

Thank you. I did mention this to him but he says he's not big on milk. I'll mention it again.
Your welcome. If you plan on mentioning this again, it is important that he understand that there are 2 basic ways to use the table. The first is to increase the L/A ratio by increasing the L. In terms of fractions, increasing milk could be thought of as moving the ratio from ⅓ to ⅔. The amount of A stays the same and only the L is increased. The overall ratio is increased because 2 is larger than 1 (of course).

The second way to increase the ratio is by decreasing the A. In terms of fractions, decreasing nuts could be thought of as moving the ratio from ⅙ to ⅓. The amount of L stays the same and only the A is decreased. But the overall fraction is increased in size.

The pdf chart is color coded so that foods that tend to increase the L/A ratio are green and the "discomfort foods" are orange. It is not a forever diet, It is just tinkering until the outbreak subsides.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Sefton10

Your welcome. If you plan on mentioning this again, it is important that he understand that there are 2 basic ways to use the table. The first is to increase the L/A ratio by increasing the L. In terms of fractions, increasing milk could be thought of as moving the ratio from ⅓ to ⅔. The amount of A stays the same and only the L is increased. The overall ratio is increased because 2 is larger than 1 (of course).

The second way to increase the ratio is by decreasing the A. In terms of fractions, decreasing nuts could be thought of as moving the ratio from ⅙ to ⅓. The amount of L stays the same and only the A is decreased. But the overall fraction is increased in size.

The pdf chart is color coded so that foods that tend to increase the L/A ratio are green and the "discomfort foods" are orange. It is not a forever diet, It is just tinkering until the outbreak subsides.

Best of luck.
Good advice. I think it's important to mention the absolute amounts too. For example, OJ has a poor ratio, but the absolute amount of arginine in it is pretty insignificant unless you're chugging litres and litres of it.

David PS

Good advice. I think it's important to mention the absolute amounts too. For example, OJ has a poor ratio, but the absolute amount of arginine in it is pretty insignificant unless you're chugging litres and litres of it.

I completely agree with your point. It is important to consider the total L and A in the diet. It is easily done if one is willing to input your meals into cronometer.com for one day. Cronometer will add the various amounts of L and A for the day and provide a total for each. One division using the totals will provide an indication of how favorable diet is toward encouraging healing during an outbreak. If the division results in a number that is less than one, it is time to rethink the diet. If you hover cursor over the bar for the total A for the day if will reveal the biggest dietary component that might be problematic.

I use cronometer.com on occasion for for tracking PUFUA. I assume that there are other sites that work as well.

Mossy

@David PS @Sefton10
I will pass this information along. After looking at the chart I'm going to guess it was the large amounts of carrot juice he was drinking.

By the way, the high doses of lysine didn't work. He took 8 grams, then 12grams, over 2 days. Possibly it may have worked after more time, but he has a very severe case of shingles. I have another family member whose had it, as well as a friend, and neither was remotely close to being this bad. I took him to urgent care and they told him to go to the ER in the hopes that he doesn't loose his eye. His eye was completely swollen and closed, with the other eye fast joining that state.

He was prescribed an antiviral, antibiotic, and steroid.

Sefton10

@David PS @Sefton10
I will pass this information along. After looking at the chart I'm going to guess it was the large amounts of carrot juice he was drinking.

By the way, the high doses of lysine didn't work. He took 8 grams, then 12grams, over 2 days. Possibly it may have worked after more time, but he has a very severe case of shingles. I have another family member whose had it, as well as a friend, and neither was remotely close to being this bad. I took him to urgent care and they told him to go to the ER in the hopes that he doesn't loose his eye. His eye was completely swollen and closed, with the other eye fast joining that state.

I don't think it will do too much in that timeframe once the virus has fully kicked in. It's just a case of trying to end it more quickly and getting it to go dormant again. I've taken lysine as a preventative ever since I had a really bad attack a couple of years ago and have not had an issue with it since (touch wood). They usually say you need to start the anti-virals within 48 hours of it starting for it to be effective. I really feel for him if it's gone into his eye. Mine was restricted to my stomach and lower back, and even that was brutal. It took a good month for it to really start improving. Have you looked at cyproheptadine? That might help with the symptoms.

Sefton10

@David PS @Sefton10

I should add that I don't think carrot juice would be enough to bring a bad attack like that on. It's usually stress that is the root cause.

Mossy

I should add that I don't think carrot juice would be enough to bring a bad attack like that on. It's usually stress that is the root cause.
I think your thoughts here makes sense. I did tell him I think it is stress related with food causes being much more secondary, if at all.

Have you looked at cyproheptadine? That might help with the symptoms.
Do you feel this would be better than lysine?

Sefton10

I think your thoughts here makes sense. I did tell him I think it is stress related with food causes being much more secondary, if at all.

Do you feel this would be better than lysine?
No, not as an alternative to lysine. But it does have antiviral effects and might help calm his whole system down, especially for sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals