Shingles

tonto

Any help appreciated:

Under a lot of work stress, had a bad couple of days eating, then developed what I thought was a gall bladder attack which over course of 3 days turned out to be Shingles. I was prescribed Famcyclovir. Taking Advil for pain. Any one have other suggestions?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
L

lollipop

The one Interesting thing I have noticed working with some of my clients is that high Serotonin seems to be one strong cause of outbreaks. Reducing Serotonin will help.

chrismeyers

Yeah. Cut off all foods but milk until its resolved. The heavy preponderance of Lysine over Arginine in milk and milk products will quickly knock out any viral infection. No nuts, no seeds, no vegetables, no chocolate. Just milk

Birdie

Thanks @charlie for thinking of me. Timewise, I can't search for the protocol that worked for us with shingles, but will mention what I remember. Yes, shingles is a herpes virus. So, I used all the usual methods to reduce or starve the virus. Higher lysine foods. Completely avoided chocolate and nuts especially. I was already involved with Peat, so nuts weren't part of my diet anyway. I copied a list of lysine/arginine foods and put it on the fridge....

And the whole Ray thing of lowering serotonin, pufa, estrogen, etc.

I used an oil mixture topically: geranium, bergamot, eucalyptus, melissa, tea tree oil mixture in olive oil. I mixed it and put in brown bottles for us to use.

It was several years ago that my husband and I came down with Shingles or Herpes zoster.
For treatment, we followed Peat and also emphasized high lysine, low arginine foods. No gelatin since the lysine/arginine ratio is bad for herpes.
No oj for me, but my husband continued it. Same reason, the ratio.

Kept using our thyroid and other sups, but really loaded up on the lysine during the acute phase. Vitamin E, A, D... B12 and K sups. Aspirin.
I still get itching and pain in the same dermatomal area. Mine was about the T9 level both sides.
Another good thing to use on the thing, at least now, is lidocaine. I still use the essential oil mix sometimes.

We had to postpone a trip and stick close to home for a couple of weeks I think. But neither of us developed a severe rash.
Barely visible but we were ill. Good luck. We were able to skip the Acyclovir type drug route.

I kept reading and listening to Ray's interviews...

Sonybaloney

I know tgis is a bit late.... but Supplementing lysine works faster than the antiviral for me. Gone in less than a week. My bouts start with a special type of headache that I can recognize easily so I start taking lysine right then!

ddjd

Any help appreciated:

Under a lot of work stress, had a bad couple of days eating, then developed what I thought was a gall bladder attack which over course of 3 days turned out to be Shingles. I was prescribed Famcyclovir. Taking Advil for pain. Any one have other suggestions?
Had you been taking vitamin K at the time?

tomisonbottom

Thanks @charlie for thinking of me. Timewise, I can't search for the protocol that worked for us with shingles, but will mention what I remember. Yes, shingles is a herpes virus. So, I used all the usual methods to reduce or starve the virus. Higher lysine foods. Completely avoided chocolate and nuts especially. I was already involved with Peat, so nuts weren't part of my diet anyway. I copied a list of lysine/arginine foods and put it on the fridge....

And the whole Ray thing of lowering serotonin, pufa, estrogen, etc.

I used an oil mixture topically: geranium, bergamot, eucalyptus, melissa, tea tree oil mixture in olive oil. I mixed it and put in brown bottles for us to use.

It was several years ago that my husband and I came down with Shingles or Herpes zoster.
For treatment, we followed Peat and also emphasized high lysine, low arginine foods. No gelatin since the lysine/arginine ratio is bad for herpes.
No oj for me, but my husband continued it. Same reason, the ratio.

Kept using our thyroid and other sups, but really loaded up on the lysine during the acute phase. Vitamin E, A, D... B12 and K sups. Aspirin.
I still get itching and pain in the same dermatomal area. Mine was about the T9 level both sides.
Another good thing to use on the thing, at least now, is lidocaine. I still use the essential oil mix sometimes.

We had to postpone a trip and stick close to home for a couple of weeks I think. But neither of us developed a severe rash.
Barely visible but we were ill. Good luck. We were able to skip the Acyclovir type drug route.

I kept reading and listening to Ray's interviews...

this is all very helpful! How much lysine did you supplement with in addition to food sources?

Sheila

Dear @lisaferraro

The one Interesting thing I have noticed working with some of my clients is that high Serotonin seems to be one strong cause of outbreaks. Reducing Serotonin will help.

One of the things I love about this forum is the posters who post seemingly inconsequential, experiential observations, since they are often just the piece I need! Thank you dear Lisa, for allowing me to see more clearly and help others more comprehensively. I also always enjoy your kind manner and supportive stance to many others here, always adding something to brighten someone's day. That in itself is a lovely gift of yours.

And to pretty Miss @Sonybaloney who resurrected this thread. I shall be alert to look for this kind of 'headache warning' from now on, thank you. Another greatly useful observation.

My best wishes to you both,

Sheila

L

lollipop

Dear @lisaferraro

One of the things I love about this forum is the posters who post seemingly inconsequential, experiential observations, since they are often just the piece I need! Thank you dear Lisa, for allowing me to see more clearly and help others more comprehensively. I also always enjoy your kind manner and supportive stance to many others here, always adding something to brighten someone's day. That in itself is a lovely gift of yours.
Aaaaawwwww... @Sheila how kind ❤️ You made my evening so much more wonderful and brought a huge smile to my face :): You know the funny thing? What you have said to me, I would absolutely say to you about yourself ❤️

Also about the Serotonin, it is so observationally correlated and I have repeatedly seen this in various clients. I think this is why @Sonybaloney gets such fast results from lysine; it’s fast acting reduction in Serotonin. I think Lapodin might be worth experimenting with as well as zinc sulfate externally. I had one client put progest-e on the external outbreak. She had amazing reduction in pain, size, and duration of the external outbreak.

Last edited by a moderator:

anonymousCat

Hey guys, longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I just came down with the shingles a few days ago and came here immediately for help.

At the time I was doing keto and though I normally supplement with magnesium ran out the week before so likely deficient in magnesium. I also was supplementing with beef gelatin 20-30g per day in an attempt to heal leaky gut.

Current treatment regimen is as follows:
50,000iu vitamin d
100mg zinc
1500mg lysine
3g liposomal vitamin c
3g valacyclovir

Adding dried oregano to foods, was also told to try oregano gel caps and garlic

Perry Staltic

Lysine sounds like some good stuff to have on hand. I read somewhere recently that lysine was used in a study against covid with good results. It was mentioned that a high lysine/arginine ratio is what's important. If that's the case, instead of bothering to eliminate foods with a low ratio, why not simply supplement with lysine to get the ratio up?

Lollipop2

Lysine sounds like some good stuff to have on hand. I read somewhere recently that lysine was used in a study against covid with good results. It was mentioned that a high lysine/arginine ratio is what's important. If that's the case, instead of bothering to eliminate foods with a low ratio, why not simply supplement with lysine to get the ratio up?
+1
This woman who works with me broke out in Shingles on Saturday. I told her to take like 9000k a day of lysine with milk - sort of like an enhanced milk - spread out throughout the day. As soon as she starts feeling better to drop the amount by 2000k until she didn’t need it anymore. She was totally healed by the next Sunday - so like a week. Pretty miraculous after seeing how bad her outbreak was.

Lejeboca

Hey guys, longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I just came down with the shingles a few days ago and came here immediately for help.

At the time I was doing keto and though I normally supplement with magnesium ran out the week before so likely deficient in magnesium. I also was supplementing with beef gelatin 20-30g per day in an attempt to heal leaky gut.

Current treatment regimen is as follows:
50,000iu vitamin d
100mg zinc
1500mg lysine
3g liposomal vitamin c
3g valacyclovir

Adding dried oregano to foods, was also told to try oregano gel caps and garlic

Synchronicity, as haidut likes to say: Just this evening I happened to re-listen ORN's show with Ray from Dec 16 2020, in which Ray squarely suggests aspirin for shingles, both topically and internally.

I don't know anything about lysine but Perry's and Lollupop's experiences sound interesting. Will check it out. @Lollipop2 what unit of lysine is 'k' as in 9000k? Thanks.

Lollipop2

Synchronicity, as haidut likes to say: Just this evening I happened to re-listen ORN's show with Ray from Dec 16 2020, in which Ray squarely suggests aspirin for shingles, both topically and internally.

I don't know anything about lysine but Perry's and Lollupop's experiences sound interesting. Will check it out. @Lollipop2 what unit of lysine is 'k' as in 9000k? Thanks.
Oops my bad: Nine thousand mg. I told her to take 1500mg every 3 hours. Remember this is only for maybe 2 days. Then slowly reduce the amount as the condition improves. Pretty miraculous. Long before knowing about Peat, maybe 10 yes ago, I told my sister about Lysine who had gotten shingles from work stress. At that time I told her 8,000mg. She still rants and raves about how it not only took away the shingles but also took her stress way down. She said she even felt calm when in stressful meetings. Funny enough she hasn’t got them again.

Lejeboca

Oops my bad: Nine thousand mg. I told her to take 1500mg every 3 hours. Remember this is only for maybe 2 days. Then slowly reduce the amount as the condition improves. Pretty miraculous. Long before knowing about Peat, maybe 10 yes ago, I told my sister about Lysine who had gotten shingles from work stress. At that time I told her 8,000mg. She still rants and raves about how it not only took away the shingles but also took her stress way down. She said she even felt calm when in stressful meetings. Funny enough she hasn’t got them again.
Awesome. Thanks. Even more interest to check it out.

anonymousCat

wow, that's amazing. maybe i should up my dose

anything you recommend i read up on the topic of lysine??

Lollipop2

wow, that's amazing. maybe i should up my dose

anything you recommend i read up on the topic of lysine??
Unfortunately I don’t have reading material. I knew from reading several threads on RPF that people use Lysine for Herpes virus and Shingles are essentially the same virus family. Lysine drastically lowers serotonin - personal experience. HOWEVER, it was pointed out somewhere on the forum that Lysine downstream turns into carnitine so it is not ideal.

BUT if you are seriously suffering from shingles or herpes than taking for a week or two outweighs the benefits. I think if you also take it with milk you are getting like an enhanced Lysine milk better than using Lysine with water. This is only my theory and observation.

I always keep a bottle around and on those rare strange sleepless nights, I get up and take 2 500mg and two 325mg Aspirin with milk. Works like a charm, sleeping or back to sleewithin 20mins.

If you are suffering from shingles, I would up the dose if it were me. Lysine is great for the immune system. It think it was Linus Pauling who used Lysine with C to help prevent heart attacks.

Hope this helps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals