Shilajit

Recoen

I know RP recommends liver and oysters for minerals but does anyone use shilajit too? Is there a specific brand you seem to do well with and actually causes your mineral status to improve?

Tarmander

I would get the primavie trademarked stuff because it is filtered and probably has less heavy metals then other rando brands.

Other than some gout, it definitely gave me a boost when I used to use it with little side effects. Maybe some sleep problems too but I seemed to need less sleep on it.

Steed

I used to buy Omica Organics when I lived in the US, I think they even rent their own area in the Himalayas, and that is the only shilajit I have tried. For me, and many others, it is very powerful substance but I stopped after a while because I was slightly concerned that the increased energy came from the adrenals. It would be interesting to experiment again to confirm ).

Experienced

I know RP recommends liver and oysters for minerals but does anyone use shilajit too? Is there a specific brand you seem to do well with and actually causes your mineral status to improve?
I've tried from Oriveda.com but haven't experienced any big difference using the resin version makes it even harder to dose maybe lostempireherb is the one for you to try.

TibRex

Yes that's lostempireherbs. Where are you from?

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm from the Far East and have heard of Shilajit. I've come across the Shilajit by Dabur before. The content of heavy metals in Indian medicines have received a bad rap but truth is that many of them are carefully "purified" beforehand. I know of an Indian Muslim traditional healer who told me how he used mercury to treat someone of testicular cancer. But the mercury he used has be purified using Hindu mantras. According to him, mercury has as many as 7 "bodies" (subtle/astral sheaths, that is) and each has to be purified with mantras before mercury can be turned into medicine. The science and art of doing that is passed down from father to son in his case. Yes, the patient eventually recovered from testicular cancer after following the mercury protocol. I prefer to buy standardized and potentized herbal extracts via eBay as they are more effective. The powdered extracts are usually sold in 50 - 100 gram packs. This is a lot cheaper than encapsulated/bottled ones. I just checked what eBay has to offer for shilajit and here's what I found : shilajit extract powder | eBay

Experienced

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm from the Far East and have heard of Shilajit. I've come across the Shilajit by Dabur before. The content of heavy metals in Indian medicines have received a bad rap but truth is that many of them are carefully "purified" beforehand. I know of an Indian Muslim traditional healer who told me how he used mercury to treat someone of testicular cancer. But the mercury he used has be purified using Hindu mantras. According to him, mercury has as many as 7 "bodies" (subtle/astral sheaths, that is) and each has to be purified with mantras before mercury can be turned into medicine. The science and art of doing that is passed down from father to son in his case. Yes, the patient eventually recovered from testicular cancer after following the mercury protocol. I prefer to buy standardized and potentized herbal extracts via eBay as they are more effective. The powdered extracts are usually sold in 50 - 100 gram packs. This is a lot cheaper than encapsulated/bottled ones. I just checked what eBay has to offer for shilajit and here's what I found : shilajit extract powder | eBay
Nah don't trust ebay.

Go for known vendors. And if they provide third party tests. Lostempireherbs and oriveda offers third party ones.