Shedding light on the 1 thing an Alpha Energy Male needs to do more of

Hans

Forum Supporter
This is really one thing most men can benefit more from.

Beastmode

Good one!

Quite interesting how I intuitively want to use some topical dhea (dissolved in olive oil with some progest-e) on the days I go for my afternoon walk in this Florida sun.

Seems like my body wants DHEA more on these days.

catharsis

Great post Hans, sunlight is super important but I did not know about the steroidogenic effects of UV light (I thought it was mediated only by red and infrared light). I recently moved into a new house and have been gardening in the front yard for the past 3 months. Have been getting a ton of conversations from passerbys when I've been working in it; I think it's the pheromones and it is uncommon to see a garden where I live. The androgenic effects I've been getting from the sun and walking barefoot on grass is insane.

Do you have a source of lanolin? I might buy some and mix it with coconut oil for a topical paste. Saponifying it might be interesting for a soap (akin to cholesterol soap from that one online store posted often here).

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good one!

Quite interesting how I intuitively want to use some topical dhea (dissolved in olive oil with some progest-e) on the days I go for my afternoon walk in this Florida sun.

Seems like my body wants DHEA more on these days.
Interesting. How much did you apply? The skin can store steroids for a couple of days, so dosing every once in a while should also suffice after levels are optimal.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great post Hans, sunlight is super important but I did not know about the steroidogenic effects of UV light (I thought it was mediated only by red and infrared light). I recently moved into a new house and have been gardening in the front yard for the past 3 months. Have been getting a ton of conversations from passerbys when I've been working in it; I think it's the pheromones and it is uncommon to see a garden where I live. The androgenic effects I've been getting from the sun and walking barefoot on grass is insane.

Do you have a source of lanolin? I might buy some and mix it with coconut oil for a topical paste. Saponifying it might be interesting for a soap (akin to cholesterol soap from that one online store posted often here).
Sun is really awesome. I remember when I was getting a lot of sun in collagen I gave off a nice musk. After we went through a stressful period I lost that. But now, since getting more sunlight (it's finally turned to spring here), things are improving again. Sun also modulates the skin microbiome, which can also change the way you smell. So the combination of hormones, neurotransmitters and pheromones is powerful in how people perceive you and feel open to talking to you. Basically attraction as the study showed.

Pdohlen

For us in Scandinavian countries, or Northern hemisphere, and I suppose the Southern Hemisphere as well, the sun is not strong enough for the body to produce the D from September to late May. Do you think a uv lamp would suffice? And do you think even though the suns effect is weaker, it could help with steroidogenic effects?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
For us in Scandinavian countries, or Northern hemisphere, and I suppose the Southern Hemisphere as well, the sun is not strong enough for the body to produce the D from September to late May. Do you think a uv lamp would suffice? And do you think even though the suns effect is weaker, it could help with steroidogenic effects?
I still think getting sun exposure is a good idea. Getting outside in nature has a lot of other benefits as well.
But when it comes to vitamin D and stimulation of p53, then a UV lamp will definitely work. But as I mentioned in the article, combining it with red light will be best.

Beastmode

Interesting. How much did you apply? The skin can store steroids for a couple of days, so dosing every once in a while should also suffice after levels are optimal.
I walk in the park about 2 times per week so that about aligns with the frequency of dhea application. I stay around 25-50 mg max w/ the idea that around 10% is being absorbed. I've been rubbing a little in around the eyes a bit and it seems to be impacting that well in a positive manner.

76er

I still think getting sun exposure is a good idea. Getting outside in nature has a lot of other benefits as well.
But when it comes to vitamin D and stimulation of p53, then a UV lamp will definitely work. But as I mentioned in the article, combining it with red light will be best.
I'm from a northern NE US state. Thanks for that answer.

Sperti makes UV lamps specifically for that purpose. I used smaller lamps designed for reptile terrariums and they seemed to work, since they caused skin burns at first even after 30 minutes of use. The only thing with these lamps the bulbs loose their potency and they have to be replaced maybe once a year.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I walk in the park about 2 times per week so that about aligns with the frequency of dhea application. I stay around 25-50 mg max w/ the idea that around 10% is being absorbed. I've been rubbing a little in around the eyes a bit and it seems to be impacting that well in a positive manner.
What did you notice with the DHEA sun combo?

Beastmode

What did you notice with the DHEA sun combo?

A boost in vitality overall (i.e- libido, outlook on life, etc.)

I'm pretty dialed in when my body wants something specific, but I do notice an increase in this sensitivity/awareness since going to be at 9 pm every night the past 3+ weeks. So the dhea on sun days is a good example of noticing my body asking for that more.

76er

Sperti makes UV lamps specifically for that purpose. I used smaller lamps designed for reptile terrariums and they seemed to work, since they caused skin burns at first even after 30 minutes of use. The only thing with these lamps the bulbs loose their potency and they have to be replaced maybe once a year.
??

Metabawlic

1. You can get sunlight from reflections too. Being outside in general even under shade will yield more benefits than being inside behind a window.
2. If you look at animals in the wild and patterns of traditional peoples who spend most time outside, it's extremely uncommon to be out in the sun during peak UV hours. Generally you get some early morning and late afternoon direct sunlight to benefit the most without stressing your skin.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
You can get sunlight from reflections too. Being outside in general even under shade will yield more benefits than being inside behind a window.
Being outside definitely has a lot of benefits other than sunlight. Behind a window is still good because you still get the red light spectrum, which is great for heating up the body.
If you look at animals in the wild and patterns of traditional peoples who spend most time outside, it's extremely uncommon to be out in the sun during peak UV hours. Generally you get some early morning and late afternoon direct sunlight to benefit the most without stressing your skin.
Exactly, this is well in line with the higher NRI light in the morning and later afternoon compared to UV.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Forgot to add, sunlight destroys vitamin A in the skin, so if you get in the sun a lot, it might be a good idea to eat a high vit A diet or take a supplement. Low vitamin A can lead to wrinkles and loss of suppleness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals