Sexually Transmitted Infection Normalization

Peatogenic

Do you think there is validity in wanting to avoid the "safe" STDs from a physiological/immune system perspective? Like, stigma aside.... I struggle with the complacency I've seen in "sex-positive" communities with even things like HSV, or "curable" infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia and syphillis. Am I foolish to think that HSV could be a physiological burden and isn't a mere "skin issue"? Or that you can open yourself up to bugs and parasites we don't even know about?

With everything I've learned about viruses being potential culprits in autoimmune conditions I feel very wary of opening myself up to these "non-lethal" infections. But I'm treated as crazy or unreasonable for thinking these infections could be truly detrimental.

Mr. Sanders

Do you think there is validity in wanting to avoid the "safe" STDs from a physiological/immune system perspective? Like, stigma aside.... I struggle with the complacency I've seen in "sex-positive" communities with even things like HSV, or "curable" infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia and syphillis. Am I foolish to think that HSV could be a physiological burden and isn't a mere "skin issue"? Or that you can open yourself up to bugs and parasites we don't even know about?

With everything I've learned about viruses being potential culprits in autoimmune conditions I feel very wary of opening myself up to these "non-lethal" infections. But I'm treated as crazy or unreasonable for thinking these infections could be truly detrimental.

a) "sex-positive" groups or any other groupthink as a matter of fact reminds me of this quote
"those who lack the courage will always find a philosophy to justify it."
b) there are no "safe" infections
c) by this logic we should not avoid "minor" car accidents, "accidental" cuts when using kitchen knives, etc.... as a human with some level of self preservation
"minimizing" damage is a priority.
d) if you're (universal you, not you personally) having sex with people who are giving you infections you're having sex with the wrong people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom