OP
J

Jesilyn

To me, this is a strong signal that sleep disordered breathing is going on. Keep in mind that the airway doesn't need to close off completely to activate your stress response and jolt your brain out of sleep. Your sympathetic nervous system is highly dominant and the slightest resistance in airflow could trigger this kind of response. If it's happening when you lie on your back, it's probably happening to some degree on your side as well.
Thank you I will definitely ask both of my doctors about this!

OP
J

Jesilyn

Also I just took 50mg niacinimide with lunch (went to the store and picked some up since package isn’t getting here til Monday). Heart beating faster and a bit irregular. Some vertigo-ish feelings. A bit anxious. Thoughts?

SonOfEurope

Also I just took 50mg niacinimide with lunch (went to the store and picked some up since package isn’t getting here til Monday). Heart beating faster and a bit irregular. Some vertigo-ish feelings. A bit anxious. Thoughts?

It did the same to me. Many times.

It switches you to glucose oxidation, your body might not be used to, try 25mg next time, this will go away soon.

Orion

B3 has always ruined my sleep, in small or large doses, it is a tricky vitamin. Hopefully it won't affect your night!

TheSir

B3 has always ruined my sleep, in small or large doses, it is a tricky vitamin. Hopefully it won't affect your night!
Same! Bizarre mental imagery would flash in my mind's eye and jolt me awake every time I'm about to fall asleep.

SonOfEurope

True... It depends on the person... In my case it made my night sleep deeper but shorter time... I usually sleep by 11 and wake up at 6,40 or 7... On it I was waking up at 5....

I enjoy it occasion to nap...

Therapeutically, since it switches to glucose oxidation but the body prefers fat burning at sleep.. Some people find it helps more taken earlier in the day

SonOfEurope

@Jesilyn

When was the last time you made a solid 5 hours of sleep without waking up, and have you had any brain injury / severe physical trauma or psychological shock before? I'm investigating into this CiRS-Lyme-mold thing but it's a conundrum, the sleep apnea the other member ponied out it at least a main contributed to this I'm starting to think.

SonOfEurope

Where's Gbolduev when you need him?

Joking, but seriously... There are very bright people on this forum who in unison could brainstorm and help a fellow Human out.

SonOfEurope

As a bump to the thread while I keep going though forums asking about CiRS -Lyme related sleep problems (not forgetting the possible Apnea here' improper breathing ). I leave this in the meantime.

Vitamin K2 + Aspirin is a good Chelator for ammonia, which destroys the brain and disrupt sleep terribly. I recommend you go to Amazon (when you have time) and look for mixed MK4+MK7 - AOR Naturals vit. K.

Every month I order my Aspiring together with it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B003FFZAKW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

So you see, before it was everyday... Back in 2016-17 I was having some liver issues and elevated ammonia as result... I was also having some sleep issues and over-exitabilty.

So I read up on a forum related to Ray peats world of L-ornithine being the best ammonia Chelator out there but I also did not want increases in nitric oxide so...

I went with a combo of 325mg aspiring and Mixed K2 every morning....

Man did my sleep improve fast... Though this was before I started progesterone too... My liver issues eventually eased as I stopped abusing Tylenol and got fully out of the "paleo high pufa " madness, but I still take the aspirin/k2 mk4+mk7 combo twice a week or so.

Edit: I meant "Aspirin" not "Aspiring" I hate this smart keyboard.

OP
J

Jesilyn

@Jesilyn

When was the last time you made a solid 5 hours of sleep without waking up, and have you had any brain injury / severe physical trauma or psychological shock before? I'm investigating into this CiRS-Lyme-mold thing but it's a conundrum, the sleep apnea the other member ponied out it at least a main contributed to this I'm starting to think.
From my notes it like 8/31 is the last time I have a 5+ hour stretch of sleep. A handful of other nights too in the second half of August. No brain injury or shock trauma, just chronic survival stress.

SonOfEurope

I see...

Chronic survival stress...

In addition to checking for breathing disreguluation which other member's have hinted as a possiblt. Have you tried a strong antibiotic like doxycycline ? - Member's inputs of Doxycycline and/or something that can aliviate Brain Inflammation is much welcome.

And of course... Anyone know anything in depth about this CIRS-LYME thing and the reported difficulties sleeping from it, please...

OP
J

Jesilyn

As a bump to the thread while I keep going though forums asking about CiRS -Lyme related sleep problems (not forgetting the possible Apnea here' improper breathing ). I leave this in the meantime.

Vitamin K2 + Aspirin is a good Chelator for ammonia, which destroys the brain and disrupt sleep terribly. I recommend you go to Amazon (when you have time) and look for mixed MK4+MK7 - AOR Naturals vit. K.

Every month I order my Aspiring together with it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B003FFZAKW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

So you see, before it was everyday... Back in 2016-17 I was having some liver issues and elevated ammonia as result... I was also having some sleep issues and over-exitabilty.

So I read up on a forum related to Ray peats world of L-ornithine being the best ammonia Chelator out there but I also did not want increases in nitric oxide so...

I went with a combo of 325mg aspiring and Mixed K2 every morning....

Man did my sleep improve fast... Though this was before I started progesterone too... My liver issues eventually eased as I stopped abusing Tylenol and got fully out of the "paleo high pufa " madness, but I still take the aspirin/k2 mk4+mk7 combo twice a week or so.

Edit: I meant "Aspirin" not "Aspiring" I hate this smart keyboard.
Good to know. How do you decide how much K to take? Does the potato soup also help with the ammonia? But the aspirin/K more strongly? Is it both together, or is the K just ethereal to balance the blood thinning effect of the aspirin? If I am eating plenty of greens and liver is there need for additional K supp?

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
That's so funny Niacinamide totally wakes me up and makes me feel more alert. I take it first thing in the morning.

Any chemical
I applied 200mg progesterone last night, which is the upper limit my doctor suggested. It didn’t have as pronounced effect as yesterday but I did soon fall asleep, only to wake an hour later via a very vivid apocalyptic death dream. It had a feeling of being suffocated right before I woke, so the airway phenomenon could be relevant. I do notice that if I’m on my back sometimes I will jolt out of almost-asleepness because the breath stops. Does not happen when I sleep on my side, which I usually do. I am meeting with my Medicaid doctor next week so I will find out.

My insurance covered doctor has prescribed me something random both times I called in, neither what I asked for. She gave me some hydroxizine this time so I tried that when awakening last night. I slept parts of the rest of the night, but awake a lot too.

There are so many of these antihistamine drugs, I can’t sort out the differences. This article is a bit to technical for me at the moment. Right now I have access to Benadryl and hydroxizine. Or anything else that is over the counter. Any ideas of who would be the best? I know you have suggested mitzapine, Sonof Europe, is this for a particular reason? Might help me in convincing my doctor to prescribe...

I also have a liposomal GABA supplement on the way that a friend sent and the niacinimide. A little overwhelmed by all these options and trying to understand the reasons and benefits/downsides of each...

I've been taking 100 mg progesterone and having similar issues (very vivid dreams, sleeping for about an h our at a time). I bumped it down to 50 and seem to be adjusting well to gradual dose increases

OP
J

Jesilyn

I see...

Chronic survival stress...

In addition to checking for breathing disreguluation which other member's have hinted as a possiblt. Have you tried a strong antibiotic like doxycycline ? - Member's inputs of Doxycycline and/or something that can aliviate Brain Inflammation is much welcome.

And of course... Anyone know anything in depth about this CIRS-LYME thing and the reported difficulties sleeping from it, please...
Ironically I did a round of doxycycline last June for a tick bite, even though it was a very low risk case, I ended up taking it anyways “just in case” for Lyme. I had diarrhea for about 6 months non stop after taking those...

OP
J

Jesilyn

Any chemical

I've been taking 100 mg progesterone and having similar issues (very vivid dreams, sleeping for about an h our at a time). I bumped it down to 50 and seem to be adjusting well to gradual dose increases
Thanks for the testimony, I may try that!

SonOfEurope

Good to know. How do you decide how much K to take? Does the potato soup also help with the ammonia? But the aspirin/K more strongly? Is it both together, or is the K just ethereal to balance the blood thinning effect of the aspirin? If I am eating plenty of greens and liver is there need for additional K supp?

K1 does not have the full spectrum of Quinone activity, liver protection and semi-Antibiotism of K2 Mk4 plus mk7.

The potato soup is definitely the best protein without raising g ammonia.

But in a state of internal stress.. Even if you only ate potato juice as protein you'd still have elevated levels as your own tissue is being catabolized, and you have less Urea to capture it.

So Aspirin+ k1 (all good) but also add some k2... The dose... Just 60 mcg of both for a 325 mg aspiring worked for me.

325mg acetylsalicylic acid + 120/160 mcg k2.

Any experience with doxy?

SonOfEurope

This whole thing is a big WTF Ey..
You wake after an hour and then you're in excited state... Don't fall asleep again....

Screw it if this Cirs-lyme, I know there are active members on the forum who know about this...

Can you add the tags "CIRS, LYME, CHRONIC FATIGUE " etc to the thread or is it too late? Can't believe only 5 or 6 members have participated.

When are you seeing your doctor next, and will she explain in fear language what this is about that she thinks...

Edit: "Clear language " not "Fear language ".

I hate this keyboard and it hates me.

SonOfEurope

Does a filling meal that has abundant carbs and a bit of good fat, with a bit of progesterone afterwards not make you want to take a 30 or 40 minute nap as it happens with me?