Severe Psoriasis - Any Advice?

Hi guys,

Anyone had any experience treating severe psoriasis through the peatosphere? I've read related quotes from Ray regarding gut health, but I was curious whether anyone has direct experience and/or can point in the direction of related studies.

Cheers

DesertRat

I have mild psoriasis and have gotten benefits, especially from niacinamide, but also from reducing starch intake to potatoes and rice.

EIRE24

I'd also love some advice on how to get rid of psoriasis and dry skin. I've tried eating liver, oysters, raw carrot, mushrooms.

I'm wondering if a low fat diet is the reason for all my skin problems?

feather310

I'm assuming you've already tried to cure your psoriasis with an elimination diet. Psoriasis is a clue of celiac disease and possibly non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Otherwise, look into topical AHA/BHAs such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid treatments. Start with creams at a low percentage and work your way up to a possible peel. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist for a peel. It could make things worse if you start too quickly.

David15

I've only had psoriasis for 2 years but have tried many medicines. The best I can name is Psoeasy series of products. The Psoeasy shampoo has diminished my scalp flakes and patches to the greatest extent and the oil has greatly alleviated my body psoriasis symptoms. It's the best treatment for psoriasis ever created.

tomisonbottom

Hi guys,

Anyone had any experience treating severe psoriasis through the peatosphere? I've read related quotes from Ray regarding gut health, but I was curious whether anyone has direct experience and/or can point in the direction of related studies.

Cheers

Hey Danny, not sure if you're "full peat" but have you tried eliminating all pufa down to under 10 grams a day, and eliminating all starch?

AlphaD

I been having gut issues for the last 3 months though they been on and off for a few years. I also noticed scalp psoriasis getting worse as my gut gets worse.

Jpkoepse

Look up DMF of Di Methyl Fumarate I believe. It's used in Germany. It speeds up Krebs cycle or something like that and is extremely effective.

I ordered some from china and my psoriasis is 100 percent clear now. Used to have it on shins, knees, elbows, scalp .

I'd be interested to hear what @haidut has to say about supplementing with fumarates (specifically dmf as its been shown to be most effective) as well. Seems like it's benefited me in many ways. Metabolism and inflammation the most. Blood work hasn't shown a decrease in wbc count either.

Jpkoepse

"Oxidative stress contributes to pathology associated with inflammatory brain disorders and therapies that upregulate antioxidant pathways may be neuroprotective in diseases such as multiple sclerosis. Dimethyl fumarate, a small molecule therapeutic for multiple sclerosis, activates cellular antioxidant signaling pathways and may promote myelin preservation. However, it is still unclear what mechanisms may underlie this neuroprotection and whether dimethyl fumarate affects oligodendrocyte responses to oxidative stress. Here, we examine metabolic alterations in oligodendrocytes treated with dimethyl fumarate by using a global metabolomic platform that employs both hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry and shotgun lipidomics. Prolonged treatment of oligodendrocytes with dimethyl fumarate induces changes in citric acid cycle intermediates, glutathione, and lipids, indicating that this compound can directly impact oligodendrocyte metabolism. These metabolic alterations are also associated with protection from oxidant challenge. This study provides insight into the mechanisms by which dimethyl fumarate could preserve myelin integrity in patients with multiple sclerosis."

Dimethyl fumarate modulates antioxidant and lipid metabolism in oligodendrocytes - ScienceDirect

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/mi/2013/875403/

A review of the mechanisms of action of dimethylfumarate in the treatment of psoriasis. - PubMed - NCBI

haidut

Forum Supporter
Look up DMF of Di Methyl Fumarate I believe. It's used in Germany. It speeds up Krebs cycle or something like that and is extremely effective.

I ordered some from china and my psoriasis is 100 percent clear now. Used to have it on shins, knees, elbows, scalp .

I'd be interested to hear what @haidut has to say about supplementing with fumarates (specifically dmf as its been shown to be most effective) as well. Seems like it's benefited me in many ways. Metabolism and inflammation the most. Blood work hasn't shown a decrease in wbc count either.

I think supplementing succinic acid would be better as it is a precursor to fumaric acid and raises ATP more so than fumaric acid. Succinic acid is just the oxidized version of furamic acid.
Unfortunately, DMF has been linked to a few cases of the nasty condition called PML. So, if fumaric acid is used at all I would use plain fumaric acid and not DMF. Google for "DMF PML" for more info.

JohnP

Psoriasis is caused by inflammation.

The specific causes are:
- endotoxins (low bile flow and enzymes production)
- b-vitamin deficiency (real deficiency and/or functional deficiency caused by antinutrients)
- dental infections

Lecithin, b-complex, bile acids (ox bile or dehydrocholic acid or artichoke leaf extract) are the basic supplements.

Antimicrobials like oregano oil may greatly help as often there is a hidden (focal) infections causing inflammatory reactions!

That's why you have to have no dental infections especially heavy dental caries and infected dead teeth because antimirobials can not easily reach that areas as there is not good blood flow.

Daily sauna helps in many people immediately as it does the work that kidneys in psoriatics may not do effectively. You can improve the detoxification by drinking more water but make sure your kidneys are not severely compromised as you might make more harm than good.

A lot of water soluble toxins and antinutrients are normally excreted by kidneys! If there is some issue with kidneys or inflammation induced lymph stagnation a lot of water soluble toxins and antinutrients stay in the body and interfere with its normal biological processes.

This may directly lead to psoriasis.

Literally

My mom experienced relief by dropping a folate supplement. Could also relate to riboflavin deficiency.

JohnP

There is no single b-vitamin deficiency which would cause psoriasis. Or at least I don't know which one would it be.

I experienced clearing up with folate, b-2 and B1 taken one at a time.

The point is that psoriasis is not a skin disease rather than autonomic nervous system dysfunction. It was proved many times in different studies.

B-vitamins play a huge role in ATP production. Which type of cells in the body are the most sensitive to disruption of energy in form of ATP?

Neurons!

Literally

@JohnP The link to a single b vitamin could be "MTFHR" and undermethylation. I learned from a recent Chris Masterjohn video that most undermethylation issues are actually related to riboflavin deficiency, and even low level supplementation can take care of it.

In quickly Googleing psoriasis and MTHFR there do seem to be links. I have seen other accounts where folate and multiple B vitamins helped, but in my mom's case the folate was given because she is an "undermethylator". The rash around her joints went away when she stopped taking it. Now I believe she is experiencing more relief with low dose riboflavin... will have to monitor and follow up to be sure.

Last edited:

JohnP

I wouldn't recommend thinking inside the borders of MTHFR as this is more hype to sell tests, books, etc...

There is a lot of similar genetic variations like MTHFR but are not so popular in public.

The biggest issues with b-vitamins and possibly many other nutrients as well is an overload of antinutrients, antagonists... which interfere with essential nutrients like b-vitamins.

So called pyroluria is one of the issues when molecules called kryptopyrroles bind zinc and B6 and make them unavailable.

What causes high kryptopyrrole levels in the blood?

Vicious circle of inflammation, infections, bad kidney function, genetic variations...? One of those, maybe all of those but surely not ONLY genetic mutation!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals