Severe Panic Attacks! Please Help

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster , I would consider vitamin E, and I double Rob, absolutely follow your cravings.

Get better soon!
Thank you, Giraffe.

I did vitamin E and just took 6 grams of glycine, but it'll take some time to take effect; I also took 500 mg taurine sublingually.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
An Epsom salt bath and some red light if possible might be soothing.

DaveFoster

An Epsom salt bath and some red light if possible might be soothing.
Thanks for the input. Wish I had red light, or a bath. College student here.

My heart rate went from 130 resting to 92 resting with the aforementioned methods; probably taurine and glycine had the greatest effect.

Appetite's come back somewhat as well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the input. Wish I had red light, or a bath. College student here.

My heart rate went from 130 resting to 92 resting with the aforementioned methods; probably taurine and glycine had the greatest effect.

Appetite's come back somewhat as well.
I'm glad to hear your heart rate is coming down and appetite is returning Dave. Take care.

toddw

@toddw Are you talking to me or OP?

For anyone watching, I recommend to stay far away from clonidine.

Unlike most of the drugs on this forum, it can kill you easier than most.

I feel like I'm going to have a stroke.

@haidut

Do you know anything that will help besides pregnenolone, progesterone, and l-theanine? Please let me know.

High-blood pressure, high-heart rate, no appetite; I'm drinking a lot of V8 tomato juice if it's of any consequence.

Yes for you. Normal cortisol levels are highest in the morning which is the reason for problems in the morning if you are low cortisol.

DaveFoster

@Blossom
Thanks, Blossom. I'll get there; this happens often, but I always bounce back.
Yes for you. Normal cortisol levels are highest in the morning which is the reason for problems in the morning if you are low cortisol.
True. I would think that I am high cortisol though since I'm fine at night when cortisol is at their lowest.

Raloxifene, another drug that's getting out of my system, raises beta-endorphin and lowers cortisol, so there's some rebound.

Cyproheptadine lowers cortisol: more rebound.

Clonidine lowers cortisol: even more rebound.

Taurine is keeping me stable; I'm having to take around 5-10 grams to keep my blood pressure down.

Drareg

@Blossom
Thanks, Blossom. I'll get there; this happens often, but I always bounce back.
True. I would think that I am high cortisol though since I'm fine at night when cortisol is at their lowest.

Raloxifene, another drug that's getting out of my system, raises beta-endorphin and lowers cortisol, so there's some rebound.

Cyproheptadine lowers cortisol: more rebound.

Clonidine lowers cortisol: even more rebound.

Taurine is keeping me stable; I'm having to take around 5-10 grams to keep my blood pressure down.

You may have lowered cortisol too much? Can cause some of your symptoms. Some of those drugs are potent. They are doing more than just lowering cortisol which could be the benefits you got initially.

I would cut everything and try aspirin,calories, sleep when you can.
You may well have withdrawals, taurine could be converting into estrogen,estrogen increases cortisol ,another angle but could be why it's helping?

Theanine will also lower cortisol, I'm guessing pregnenolone will give you what the body needs.
If you cut theanine for now and just stick with pregnenolone it could help more if you are low cortisol at times.
Aspirin with calories should stop panic attack.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

You may have lowered cortisol too much? Can cause some of your symptoms. Some of those drugs are potent. They are doing more than just lowering cortisol which could be the benefits you got initially.

You may well have withdrawals, taurine could be converting into estrogen,estrogen increases cortisol ,another angle but could be why it's helping?

Theanine will also lower cortisol, I'm guessing pregnenolone will give you what the body needs.
If you cut theanine for now and just stick with pregnenolone it could help more if you are low cortisol at times.
Aspirin with calories should stop panic attack.
Thanks Drareg. I'm able to completely restrain the symptoms until the 60 hour mark, (which is when studies show blood pressure begins to normalize.) Right now I'm around 46 hours, so this should be the worst of it. I woke up with severe rigors, but I took the things listed below and it killed it in about three minutes, thank God.

Things to cancel high-blood pressure/lower blood-sugar (bold is very potent):

- B1 (thiamine) - 1500 mg
- B3 (niacinamide) - 1500 mg
- Biotin - 5 mg

- Pantothenic acid - 500 mg
- B2 (sublingual tablet) - 9 mg or so
- B12 (subnlingual tablet)
- P5P (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) - 50 mg
- Glycine - 6 grams
- Taurine - 1 gram repeated every twenty minutes
- L-theanine - 200 mg repeated every hour
- Pregnenolone - 100 mg repeated every twenty minutes
- Progesterone - 100 mg repeated as needed
-
Aspirin - 600 mg as needed

haidut

Forum Supporter
@toddw Are you talking to me or OP?

For anyone watching, I recommend to stay far away from clonidine.

Unlike most of the drugs on this forum, it can kill you easier than most.

I feel like I'm going to have a stroke.

@haidut

Do you know anything that will help besides pregnenolone, progesterone, and l-theanine? Please let me know.

High-blood pressure, high-heart rate, no appetite; I'm drinking a lot of V8 tomato juice if it's of any consequence.

Niacinamide and inosine are natural benzodiazepine agonists, no different from Valium in effects. I think 500mg niacinamide should be able to help but your individual dose may vary. Some people reported via email that 1mg methylene blue was also very effective in stopping their anxiety, probably due to lowering lactate (just like niacinamide dose as well).

Drareg

You may have lowered cortisol too much? Can cause some of your symptoms. Some of those drugs are potent.

You may well have withdrawals.
Thanks Drareg. I'm able to completely restrain the symptoms until the 60 hour mark, (which is when studies show blood pressure begins to normalize.) Right now I'm around 46 hours, so this should be the worst of it. I woke up with severe rigors, but I took the things listed below and it killed it in about three minutes, thank God.

Things to cancel high-blood pressure/lower blood-sugar (bold is very potent):

- B1 (thiamine) - 1500 mg
- B3 (niacinamide) - 1500 mg
- Biotin - 5 mg

- Pantothenic acid - 500 mg
- B2 (sublingual tablet) - 9 mg or so
- B12 (subnlingual tablet)
- P5P (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) - 50 mg
- Glycine - 6 grams
- Taurine - 1 gram repeated every twenty minutes
- L-theanine - 200 mg repeated every hour
- Pregnenolone - 100 mg repeated every twenty minutes
- Progesterone - 100 mg repeated as needed
-
Aspirin - 600 mg as needed

I wouldn't use 50mg of p5p or b12 personally. How much b12 do you take?
Your taking a lot of supplements for 1800 calories, I would up calories, eat whatever is necessary just be strict with PUFA.
Tubs of clean icecream might be ideal.

The niacinamide idea from Haidut is good.
You should measure cortisol.

Last edited:

Drareg

Niacinamide and inosine are natural benzodiazepine agonists, no different from Valium in effects. I think 500mg niacinamide should be able to help but your individual dose may vary. Some people reported via email that 1mg methylene blue was also very effective in stopping their anxiety, probably due to lowering lactate (just like niacinamide dose as well).

What's your take on cortisol getting a touch on the low side from excessive supplementation?

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's your take on cortisol getting a touch on the low side from excessive supplementation?

I have never seen that happen, based on blood tests. Unless you have Addison disease, your are much more likely to produce excessive cortisol than insufficient amounts.

Drareg

I have never seen that happen, based on blood tests. Unless you have Addison disease, your are much more likely to produce excessive cortisol than insufficient amounts.

And either way it can be treated with pregnenolone ? Low or high.

haidut

Forum Supporter
And either way it can be treated with pregnenolone ? Low or high.

Yes, unless possibly the so-called ATCH-independent Cushing syndrome.

DaveFoster

Thank you, haidut.

Do you think a very low dose of cyproheptadine would raise or lower blood pressure in this case? I don't want to accidentally cause worsened hypertension. I just called the hospital, and they're getting back to me.

I found this study:

Cyproheptadine for central hypertension?

"Cyproheptadine therapy significantly improved systolic and diastolic blood pressure and reduced thediurnal variability in a paediatric patient with resistant central hypertension. It is unfortunate that this treatment was hepatotoxic and had to be discontinued for this reason. Elevated liver enzymes are a rare side effect and causality is not certain. We conclude that cyproheptadine’s efficacy in treating this condition may be promising and future clinical use of this agent (if carefully monitored for hepatotoxicity) should be considered."

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Went to the doctor, he told me to stop taking vitamins and prescribed me Klonopin (because benzos are far less harmful than niacinamide, obviously.)

Seriously, what's with these guys? I nibbled the edge of the pill at the smallest possible amount and it almost sent me into a stupor.

Drareg

Went to the doctor, he told me to stop taking vitamins and prescribed me Klonopin (because benzos are far less harmful than niacinamide, obviously.)

Seriously, what's with these guys? I nibbled the edge of the pill at the smallest possible amount and it almost sent me into a stupor.

He would say that.
the benzodiazepine is a hdac inhibitor,so is niacinamide. The benzo is too potent.

Other hdac inhibitor like phenibut is stronger than niacinamide but safer than klonopin. Maybe try phenibut and niacinamide for emergency relief.
Lysine might help also,k2 will help also.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Just out of curiosity, do you mind asking the doctor why the Klonopin instead of older and safer benzos? Klonopin is known as a "dirty" drug even among pharma industry veterans.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Just out of curiosity, do you mind asking the doctor why the Klonopin instead of older and safer benzos? Klonopin is known as a "dirty" drug even among pharma industry veterans.
Not to speak for Dave but just to add what I have noticed. In medical circles in my locale the view is that klonopin has less potential for abuse due to the longer half life compared to the older benzos. I don't personally know if this is correct it is just what I've repeatedly seen in practice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals