Severe Panic Attacks! Please Help

OP
I

iLoveSugar

91-92 is where it's mostly at. Occasionally it will go to 94-95, but never past that.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
91-92 is where it's mostly at. Occasionally it will go to 94-95, but never past that.

Have you told your cardiologist that you get 91%-92% readings? If yes, what was her response?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

His response today was that he didn't think my issues were cardiac related. A family doctor appt tomorrow so I will harp on it.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
His response today was that he didn't think my issues were cardiac related. A family doctor appt tomorrow so I will harp on it.

OK, please keep us posted and be insistent with the family doctor. No matter what BS he tries to feed you, the take home message is that consistent readings of 91%-92% are NOT normal and can be caused by a variety of lung conditions, some sort of anemia/hemoglobin disturbance or CO/NO excess. I am sure the family doctor can add more possible causes to the list. Even is he manages somehow to sidetrack the issue, I'd still ask him what he thinks the cause of the low oxygenation is, even if he think this is not the main issue at hand.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You could request an arterial blood gas test (ABG) due to your consistent 92% reading.

docall18

''In experiments, progesterone was found to be the basic hormone of adaptation and of resistance to stress. The adrenal glands use it to produce their anti-stress hormones'' - Ray Peat

I find a little TD progesterone great for any stress's or anxiety.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

This was a quote from Ray Peat to Rob Turner directly.

"I have noticed that when I'm most relaxed and at high altitude my oxygen saturation is in the range of 89% to 94%, lower with more relaxation. When I'm walking fast uphill, it is around 99% (I think that could mean that my fingers are consuming less). If my fingers are cold (i.e., not using much oxygen) the number is higher. If you pump blood through a cold corpse, the hemoglobin will stay 100% saturated." -RP

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I asked the family doctor yesterday, and she wasn't concerned. She said I had a reading of 95% there, no worries.

johns74

iLoveSugar said:
@johns where do I find it?

I use Now Foods MCT Oil. It comes in a glass bottle, which is good, but it's a crappy dispenser. So I put it in a smaller container and take spoons from there.

I suggest starting the day AFTER having a bowel movement, to keep it more regular from that point. Because at first you don't know what amount is too much and causes diarrhea, and it would be very unpleasant to have constipation followed by diarrhea in one sitting.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
This was a quote from Ray Peat to Rob Turner directly.

"I have noticed that when I'm most relaxed and at high altitude my oxygen saturation is in the range of 89% to 94%, lower with more relaxation. When I'm walking fast uphill, it is around 99% (I think that could mean that my fingers are consuming less). If my fingers are cold (i.e., not using much oxygen) the number is higher. If you pump blood through a cold corpse, the hemoglobin will stay 100% saturated." -RP

OK, maybe it is the high altitude. But if you consistently register 92% then it is worth checking it out. I guess a simple finger monitor has no way of telling if the low numbers are due to not enough oxygen attaching to hemoglobin due to something blocking it (like NO or CO) or because there is high levels of CO2 in the cell and the hemoglobin is releasing a lot of oxygen in the cell due to the high CO2. So, both high oxygenation and low oxygenation could be problems.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yeah, I've had it checked by hundreds of docs many times, and they never said anything. Then again, I've never walked into a doctors and had a temp above 97.6.

johns74

Have you ever done a blood donation or checked your ferritin and transferrin saturation numbers?

When i'm having a panick attack i absolutely have to have cigarettes.

Attachments

• monkeycigarette2.jpg
    monkeycigarette2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 529

DaveFoster

I just recently developed panic attacks around 2 hours from rising due to a number of really idiotic things ooinciding.

It's really impacting my life, and I'm trying to control it.

I notice that I have no appetite and I'm not warm how I usually am.

tara

I just recently developed panic attacks around 2 hours from rising due to a number of really idiotic things ooinciding.
Often goes with hyperventilation. Easy quick first aid possibilities include trying a short burst of paper bag breathing or going for a gentle walk with your mouth shut. Don't persist with paper bag if it makes you feel worse. I had a patch a few years ago of occasional heart-pounding wakeups that I think might have been mild panic attacks. For me, I had to get moving to deal with it - I couldn't do anything useful with breathing exercises while lying still in bed.

Temps and heart rate?

Are you still doing a bunch of extreme things?

Any idea if you are covering nutrient needs? If RDIs usually refer to a low calorie diet (eg ~2000) and you are eating 4-5 times that much, you might be needing a lot more of some of the micronutrients. How's your Na, Mg, Ca, K? Maybe drove metabolism up to fast and now your body has reacted?

DaveFoster

Often goes with hyperventilation. Easy quick first aid possibilities include trying a short burst of paper bag breathing or going for a gentle walk with your mouth shut. Don't persist with paper bag if it makes you feel worse. I had a patch a few years ago of occasional heart-pounding wakeups that I think might have been mild panic attacks. For me, I had to get moving to deal with it - I couldn't do anything useful with breathing exercises while lying still in bed.

Temps and heart rate?

Are you still doing a bunch of extreme things?

Any idea if you are covering nutrient needs? If RDIs usually refer to a low calorie diet (eg ~2000) and you are eating 4-5 times that much, you might be needing a lot more of some of the micronutrients. How's your Na, Mg, Ca, K? Maybe drove metabolism up to fast and now your body has reacted?
Thanks for the reply, tara.

I haven't measured temps, but I know they're low. Heart rate is high. I have no appetite, and I don't want to add cyproheptadine in because I know it'll just complicate blood pressure.

I'm in a hypothyroid state and trying to get out. Estrogen is recovering, clonidine is on its way out (even though I took a very low dose,) and cyproheptadine is leaving as well. I'll say I have another couple days of hell in front of me, but I supplement all non-toxic minerals and B-vitamins (the last of which help a lot with coritsol; they even completely kill a panic attack if taken with enough salt).

I'm eating about 1800 calories a day or less; I'm trying to bump it up, but it's difficult to do so without puking. L-theanine and pregnenolone has been helping a lot: anything that lowers cortisol.

Diet consists of milk, OJ, and coconut oil with plenty of sugar, but unfortunately my appetite needs to recover.

Bag-breathing helps as well.

DaveFoster

@toddw Are you talking to me or OP?

For anyone watching, I recommend to stay far away from clonidine.

Unlike most of the drugs on this forum, it can kill you easier than most.

I feel like I'm going to have a stroke.

@haidut

Do you know anything that will help besides pregnenolone, progesterone, and l-theanine? Please let me know.

High-blood pressure, high-heart rate, no appetite; I'm drinking a lot of V8 tomato juice if it's of any consequence.

Last edited:
Dave, have you thought about glycine/gelatin? Maybe you will find it soothing. I suspect your body has very unique needs at this point so above all trust your cravings and don't force anything based on theories.
Btw, I find your zeal with self experimentation inspiring and appreciate your posts a lot!

DaveFoster

transferrin

Dave, have you thought about glycine/gelatin? Maybe you will find it soothing. I suspect your body has very unique needs at this point so above all trust your cravings and don't force anything based on theories.
Btw, I find your zeal with self experimentation inspiring and appreciate your posts a lot!
I really appreciate that, Rob. The doctor just told me to take this as a lesson to "stop experimenting."

For anyone struggling with clonidine withdrawal, heavy amounts of sodium, 100 mg pregnenolone + 100 mg l-theanine dissolved sublingually repeated as needed does wonders. I added in 100 mg progesterone to speed up the process.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals