Severe Copper Deficiency By Daily Oyster Consumption (PubMed Case-Study)

Rinse & rePeat:
“Does freeze drying cause as much oxidation as dehydrating?”

RAY PEAT
“Properly done, it should be less, but it is often highly oxidized.”

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Rinse & rePeat:
“Does freeze drying cause as much oxidation as dehydrating?”

RAY PEAT
“Properly done, it should be less, but it is often highly oxidized.”
Thank you for doing that - it still doesn't look good for our friends selling liver pills :-(

Cloudhands

No it doesn’t. I threw mine out 8 months ago hearing all of this. Life just couldn’t be that easy :/
i just make pate now and eat it everyday. so like ill make a lb of liver, cut it up, blend it with cream or something, keep it in the fridge, and say id eat 7ish oz a week anyway i just eat about a 16th of what i made every morning i slam it down the hatch with coffee

i just make pate now and eat it everyday. so like ill make a lb of liver, cut it up, blend it with cream or something, keep it in the fridge, and say id eat 7ish oz a week anyway i just eat about a 16th of what i made every morning i slam it down the hatch with coffee
Look at you! You really go for it when you put your mind to things! I’m impressed!

bistecca

I think oysters are just a good source of zinc and selenium, but red meat/beef is a better and cleaner source, loaded with B-vitamins, selenium, potassium and iron.

Oysters are very pricey.

I see a lot of generalization about nutritional content on this board and in the nutrition communities in general.. A reliance on nutrition chronmeters and apps.. I think we need to consider how complicated these things are and how many variables are at play..

Selenium accumulation in beef: effect of dietary selenium and geographical area of animal origin

Selenium in Cattle: A Review

Copper and zinc contamination in oysters: subcellular distribution and detoxification

I see a lot of generalization about nutritional content on this board and in the nutrition communities in general.. A reliance on nutrition chronmeters and apps.. I think we need to consider how complicated these things are and how many variables are at play..

Selenium accumulation in beef: effect of dietary selenium and geographical area of animal origin

Selenium in Cattle: A Review

Copper and zinc contamination in oysters: subcellular distribution and detoxification

I totally agree with you!

rayban

I would like to give oysters a go but they look gross. Same for shellfish, I just don't like crabs and stuff. And same for liver, let alone the people that eat it raw which imo is nuts since anything raw can have bacteria and stuff. Im not a fan of seafood, except salmon, sardines, squids, hake... thats about it. And nicely cooked. Like the fried squids with EVOO and some lemon and salt is a nice one.

image0-78-11.png

TheSir

Agree. Even saying that there is nuance to it might be an understatement:
Screenshot_414.png
And that's just for mineral/metal interactions.

Dr. B

"When rats were fed a diet completely lacking tryptophan for a short period, or a diet containing only one fourth of the “normal” amount for a more prolonged period, the results were surprising: They kept the ability to reproduce up to the age of 36 months (versus 17 months for the rats on the usual diet), and both their average longevity and their maximum longevity increased significantly. They looked and acted like younger rats. (A methionine-poor diet also has dramatic longevity-increasing effects.)" -Ray Peat

"On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases." -Ray Peat
so D3 raising brain serotonin is a major issue then? apparently D3 raises brain serotonin but doesn't raise gut serotonin.

Also what's the best and proper way to get lots of protein but while keeping methionine, cysteine and tryptophan low...? doesn't milk have lots of those amino acids or is milk lower in those amino acids?
whey protein has lots of those aminos right.
gelatin might lack them but that isnt considered a complete protein right. so is whole milk the best protein source if eggs arent an option, and muscle meats arent an option either.

so D3 raising brain serotonin is a major issue then? apparently D3 raises brain serotonin but doesn't raise gut serotonin.

Also what's the best and proper way to get lots of protein but while keeping methionine, cysteine and tryptophan low...? doesn't milk have lots of those amino acids or is milk lower in those amino acids?
whey protein has lots of those aminos right.
gelatin might lack them but that isnt considered a complete protein right. so is whole milk the best protein source if eggs arent an option, and muscle meats arent an option either.
Milk, gelatin, egg yolks, cheese, potato juice. Why are eggs not an option?

Dr. B

Milk, gelatin, egg yolks, cheese, potato juice. Why are eggs not an option?
its extremely difficult to find a cheese which doesn't use the toxic enzymes. its even more difficult to find one that is also 100% A2 protein, uses only animal rennet, 100% grass fed, organic etc.
eggs have always digested horribly for me. whole eggs and whites more so than the yolks. even when I had a faster metabolism. I think something about eggs is inflammatory. it becomes especially noticeable with egg whites, they cause constipation and take forever to digest. and give horrible gas.

whereas whey, milk, beef etc digests excellently. i havent tried using large amounts of gelatin.

what do you think about a full gallon of A2 grass fed whole milk.

I havent tried doing lots of great lakes gelatin but have concerns with trying it some people say it causes skin issues digestive issues etc.

its extremely difficult to find a cheese which doesn't use the toxic enzymes. its even more difficult to find one that is also 100% A2 protein, uses only animal rennet, 100% grass fed, organic etc.
eggs have always digested horribly for me. whole eggs and whites more so than the yolks. even when I had a faster metabolism. I think something about eggs is inflammatory. it becomes especially noticeable with egg whites, they cause constipation and take forever to digest. and give horrible gas.

whereas whey, milk, beef etc digests excellently. i havent tried using large amounts of gelatin.

what do you think about a full gallon of A2 grass fed whole milk.

I havent tried doing lots of great lakes gelatin but have concerns with trying it some people say it causes skin issues digestive issues etc.

Doc i eat pretty much like a lucky child. I don’t drink tons of milk or juice or white sugar, I pay more attention to food pairings. I am not the person to ask about difficulties in digesting food, because I don’t have those problems. I do avoid egg whites, most of the time, because they are high is histamines, tryptophan and they make me tired if I eat them in the first half of the day, and I don’t want to worry about gulping down two cups of orange juice to balance one. Ray Peat told me that blood sugar is more stable in the afternoon so on days that I don’t have a custard, which has and egg yolk in it, many times I will have a fried egg in the evening, and pair it with some gelatin and a big spoonful of honey or a cut up orange with a good sprinkle of sugar on it. You are right it is impossible to find cheese that isn’t gonna possibly start a colony of god know what in your gut, so I tend to only have cheese baked in something, hoping to kill off the culprits. You can’t worry so much about doing everything right, but rather do the best you can in the moment.

Back
Top Bottom