Severe Cognitive Decline After SSRI

Astolfo

Hey. I'm a boy who used fluoxetine for a very short time. In short, I have have PSSD since the time I started to take flx. But, that's bit differ from all others. I'm perfectly cured from my extreme anxiety and PTSD. FLX, wiped all my emotions, my cognitive skills and my motor skills with together my anxiety. That's all. I don't want to bother you all with a long writing, so I will write details to bottom.

- I'm actually "ciprofloxacin" from PSSD forum.
- My problems getting worse by everyday. It's been nearly 10 months.
- I reached a level that I don't mind the emotions, libido, gynecomastia, muscle coordination, the remaining episodes from monogatari I didn't watch yet... The only thing I'm worrying is my intelligence. I have university exam and my regular exams, but this disease literally destroyed my brain. Even, I'm not able to talk with anyone now. My memory recalling skills disappeared completely. I'm nearly lost all of my hope. At this age.
- I couldn't get any hormone test. Private hospitals want huge amount of money.

I have came across this forum and greatly interested to since. It appears that many users here are knowledgeable about biohacking. What whould you suggest to me?

Makrosky

High dose B vitamins, specially b1 and b3.
Pregnenolone (best brain protector and stabilizer)
Methylebe blue
Tianeptine
L-tyrosine (the aminoacid)
Maybe cyproheptadine? But it can make your dopamine to fall a lot, which wouldbbe very bad for studying.
Check pulse and temps (you don't need blood tests)
Peat inspired diet : easily digestible foods, highly caloric, up protein intake.

Some adaptogenic herbs like rosa rhodiola and milky oat seeds. The first helps recovering from whatever happened, helps mood and brain focus. The second helps recover exhausted brain while at the same time calming you down.

Takes time to recover from SSRIs. Took me half a year or more to become "stable" after my last dose.

Keep reading the forum.

And last but most important : DON'T start doing crazy things like ingesting massive ammounts of refined sugar, milk, juice or saturated fat, no matter what you read here. Start slowly and see how your body reacts.

I think @DaveFoster has been through some of what you are facing.

You are young, you will recover for sure.

And btw this is not longecity don't expect people here recommending you all sorts of obscure research chemicals and nootropics for boosting your brain. It is about of restoring hormonal balanve and good metabolism. The brain will follow.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Maybe cyproheptadine? But it can make your dopamine to fall a lot, which wouldbbe very bad for studying.
Cyproheptadine's excellent for studying and relieves the stress associated with long periods of mental exertion. There's nothing like stupor to distract from the meaninglessness of mundane academic tasks; however, it provides more of a calm sense of peace and direction rather than a debilitating state like that brought on by an opiate.

Makrosky

Cyproheptadine's excellent for studying and relieves the stress associated with long periods of mental exertion. There's nothing like stupor to distract from the meaninglessness of mundane academic tasks; however, it provides more of a calm sense of peace and direction rather than a debilitating state like that brought on by an opiate.
In my experience it also lowers dopamine like hell

OP
A

Astolfo

High dose B vitamins, specially b1 and b3.
Pregnenolone (best brain protector and stabilizer)
Methylebe blue
Tianeptine
L-tyrosine (the aminoacid)
Check pulse and temps (you don't need blood tests)
Peat inspired diet : easily digestible foods, highly caloric, up protein intake.

Some adaptogenic herbs like rosa rhodiola and milky oat seeds. The first helps recovering from whatever happened, helps mood and brain focus. The second helps recover exhausted brain while at the same time calming you down.

Takes time to recover from SSRIs. Took me half a year or more to become "stable" after my last dose.

Keep reading the forum.

And last but most important : DON'T start doing crazy things like ingesting massive ammounts of refined sugar, milk, juice or saturated fat, no matter what you read here. Start slowly and see how your body reacts.

I think @DaveFoster has been through some of what you are facing.

You are young, you will recover for sure.

And btw this is not longecity don't expect people here recommending you all sorts of obscure research chemicals and nootropics for boosting your brain. It is about of restoring hormonal balanve and good metabolism. The brain will follow.

Thanks. I had taken 4 mg of Cyproheptadine 4 days ago. I still feel like under its antidopaminergic effect.
Do you think that could be Tianeptine make my problems worse? It's a SSRE but it has anti anxiety properties. It would be risky to take it, because I may have excess inhibitory neurosteroid levels already, I guess.
In any case, I may possibly try it too.

I thought to use it as long term but I have saw a post about that it suppresses growth hormone. Also I don't need any supplement to calm myself. I'm already far away from depression and anxiety thanks to this terrible disease as I said on my post.

I will continue and try some of the things on this forum as I can do with my English knowledge.

jyb

Thanks. I had taken 4 mg of Cyproheptadine 4 days ago. I still feel like under its antidopaminergic effect.
Do you think that could be Tianeptine make my problems worse? It's a SSRE but it has anti anxiety properties. It would be risky to take it, because I may have excess inhibitory neurosteroid levels already, I guess.

I thought to use it as long term but I have saw a post about that it suppresses growth hormone. Also I don't need any supplement to calm myself. I'm already far away from depression and anxiety thanks to this terrible disease as I said on my post.

I will continue and try some of the things on this forum as I can do with my English knowledge.

Tianeptine is pro dopamine, you may get a totally opposite feeling than from cyproheptadine. At extreme doses it is like any opioid - see anecdotes online by users who megadose.

Considering your situation, I am not surprised you thought of tianeptine. Tianeptine sodium may have the most effect in this case.

Good luck and keep experimenting. You are young so a lot of potential to recover!

Last edited:

Vinero

Hey. I'm a boy who used fluoxetine for a very short time. In short, I have have PSSD since the time I started to take flx. But, that's bit differ from all others. I'm perfectly cured from my extreme anxiety and PTSD. FLX, wiped all my emotions, my cognitive skills and my motor skills with together my anxiety. That's all. I don't want to bother you all with a long writing, so I will write details to bottom.

- I'm actually "ciprofloxacin" from PSSD forum.
- My problems getting worse by everyday. It's been nearly 10 months.
- I reached a level that I don't mind the emotions, libido, gynecomastia, muscle coordination, the remaining episodes from monogatari I didn't watch yet... The only thing I'm worrying is my intelligence. I have university exam and my regular exams, but this disease literally destroyed my brain. Even, I'm not able to talk with anyone now. My memory recalling skills disappeared completely. I'm nearly lost all of my hope. At this age.
- I couldn't get any hormone test. Private hospitals want huge amount of money.

I have came across this forum and greatly interested to since. It appears that many users here are knowledgeable about biohacking. What whould you suggest to me?
SSRIs are terrible since increasing the exposure to serotonin will make you hypothyroid and decrease your metabolic rate.
The best thing you can do is focusing on increasing your metabolic rate. Frequent meals containing protein + carbohydrates and sugar will keep stress hormones low and allow your body to make thyroid hormone. There are also some supplements that can help to increase metabolism such as caffeine, aspirin, b-vitamins, taurine, zinc etc. These you can experiment with if you are well-fed, taking any metabolism-boosting substances when you have an empty stomach will induce a stress response. You want to keep stress to a minimum to allow your body to heal.

DaveFoster

Tianeptine has been shown to be just as effective as first-line antidepressants, but it can interact with other drugs; however, it's scheduled.

In my experience it also lowers dopamine like hell
I took 40-60 mg of cyproheptadine daily for about a week without any debilitating sedation.

Constatine

Tianeptine can certainly help IMO. Though if you do try it keep the dosage at the recommended level. Tianeptine abuse is a big deal. Tianeptine is by no means a completely safe drug, I'd say do your research and read all the forums on people's reactions before you try it.

Just as a test to see if it is brain 5-HT that is causing your problem you can try taking an aspirin or two with a large dose of caffeine and see if you get any mental clarity from that.

Makrosky

Tianeptine has been shown to be just as effective as first-line antidepressants, but it can interact with other drugs; however, it's scheduled.

I took 40-60 mg of cyproheptadine daily for about a week without any debilitating sedation.
It depends on the person. Lots of people get mood boosts from cypro, lots of people get the oppositw. Only way to know is to try.

Btw tianeptine can be bought online without an script.

Makrosky

Tianeptine can certainly help IMO. Though if you do try it keep the dosage at the recommended level. Tianeptine abuse is a big deal. Tianeptine is by no means a completely safe drug, I'd say do your research and read all the forums on people's reactions before you try it.

Just as a test to see if it is brain 5-HT that is causing your problem you can try taking an aspirin or two with a large dose of caffeine and see if you get any mental clarity from that.

I will add one more thing in case @Astolfo tries the tianeptine :
Be careful with the first dose. Not because it is a health risk biochemically speaking (AFAIK) but because you can get a really INTENSE depressive feeling with the first dose. I think it is because your brain is used to use serotonin/stress for the good mood and tianeptine can reverse that. This is totally broscience because I don't know the mechanisms, but it can happen, definitely. Happened to me. But it goes away after a few doses and then I can only say good things about tianeptine. It's worth the pain for one or two days. It is really a great substance.

DaveFoster

It depends on the person. Lots of people get mood boosts from cypro, lots of people get the oppositw. Only way to know is to try.

Btw tianeptine can be bought online without an script.
Indeed. I have some tianeptine on hand. Unfortunately, it may interact with other drugs, particularly tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline or even cyproheptadine, as well as tetracyclic antidepressants such as mianserin and mirtazapine.

It brought on a feeling of euphoria; it pierced the veil of depression. I discontinued and my mood returned back to baseline.

lampofred

Indeed. I have some tianeptine on hand. Unfortunately, it may interact with other drugs, particularly tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline or even cyproheptadine, as well as tetracyclic antidepressants such as mianserin and mirtazapine.

It brought on a feeling of euphoria; it pierced the veil of depression. I discontinued and my mood returned back to baseline.

Have you ever thought about becoming a poet? Or at least someone who makes creative ads?

Tinaptine product description: "Pierces the veil of depression" :lol:

DaveFoster

Have you ever thought about becoming a poet? Or at least someone who makes creative ads?

Tinaptine product description: "Pierces the veil of depression" :lol:
Poets live very short lives, so maybe.

OP
A

Astolfo

Thanks all.
I was searching already and had found that tianeptine is not a ssre. And a guy from pssdforum had got pssd from tianeptine also. Anyway, but it’s probably one of the safest.

SSRIs are terrible since increasing the exposure to serotonin will make you hypothyroid and decrease your metabolic rate.
The best thing you can do is focusing on increasing your metabolic rate. Frequent meals containing protein + carbohydrates and sugar will keep stress hormones low and allow your body to make thyroid hormone. There are also some supplements that can help to increase metabolism such as caffeine, aspirin, b-vitamins, taurine, zinc etc. These you can experiment with if you are well-fed, taking any metabolism-boosting substances when you have an empty stomach will induce a stress response. You want to keep stress to a minimum to allow your body to heal.

I don’t have any problem with the stress, as I said, all my emotions gone away including negative ones.

Caffeine accelerates my worsening. I guess, it’s happening right after I drink. I’m not seeing the same cognitive performance boosting effect from caffeine. It doesn’t help too for my extreme sleepiness symptom which I got from pssd. On top of that, that is the one of the things made me worsen like curcumin.

Wow. Isn't this a very big dose? Don’t you seeing any anti-nootropic(Idk the right term) effect? I have two questions about cypro. - I had read that it supresses the growth hormone secretion. Can it disrupt the body’s development if used long term? - How many days its effect(mostly negative ones) sustains for?

How much caffeine needs to be to see this effect, approximately? Also, how aspirin is interacting with serotonin system? I was been using 100 mg a day for 5 days. I guess 200 mg caffeine and 500 mg aspirine is enough?

I’m going to go to a doctor for hormone test again. This time, I have a bulge and pain on my breasts(chest?) and armpits, so probably I will be success to get one test.

DaveFoster

Thanks all.
I was searching already and had found that tianeptine is not a ssre. And a guy from pssdforum had got pssd from tianeptine also. Anyway, but it’s probably one of the safest.

I don’t have any problem with the stress, as I said, all my emotions gone away including negative ones.

Caffeine accelerates my worsening. I guess, it’s happening right after I drink. I’m not seeing the same cognitive performance boosting effect from caffeine. It doesn’t help too for my extreme sleepiness symptom which I got from pssd. On top of that, that is the one of the things made me worsen like curcumin.

Wow. Isn't this a very big dose? Don’t you seeing any anti-nootropic(Idk the right term) effect? I have two questions about cypro. - I had read that it supresses the growth hormone secretion. Can it disrupt the body’s development if used long term? - How many days its effect(mostly negative ones) sustains for?

How much caffeine needs to be to see this effect, approximately? Also, how aspirin is interacting with serotonin system? I was been using 100 mg a day for 5 days. I guess 200 mg caffeine and 500 mg aspirine is enough?

I’m going to go to a doctor for hormone test again. This time, I have a bulge and pain on my breasts(chest?) and armpits, so probably I will be success to get one test.
The body can develop to its potential without excess growth hormone so long as thyroid function regulates things sufficiently. Growth hormone has a tendency to excessively increase the body's height, as well as the length of the limbs; longevity and supranormal height have an inverse correlation. In other words, tall people die young.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Hi Astolfo,

Fluoxetine has three fluoride atoms.

Fluoxetine - Wikipedia

Fluoride interferes with the thyroid. I would supplement with Lugol's solution (iodine/iodide) to normalize the thyroid function.

Then I am curious, did you take Fluoxetine because of ADD/ADHD? Did you have trouble sleeping? I have done 'experiments' with putting a grounded aluminum fly screen underneath the bed mattress. Then I further experimented with sleeping an a voltage potential, I discovered that sleeping on a negative 27 V gave me severe nightmares, sleeping on a plus 9 V potential stopped the nightmares of my son and also helped a teenager with ADHD and sleeping problems to finally sleep through the night, which eliminated the ADHD. Read my post:

Please Help My Poor Suffering Little Sister! So Sadddd!

OP
A

Astolfo

The body can develop to its potential without excess growth hormone so long as thyroid function regulates things sufficiently. Growth hormone has a tendency to excessively increase the body's height, as well as the length of the limbs; longevity and supranormal height have an inverse correlation. In other words, tall people die young.

I got it. I was actually curious about cypro's effect on brain development. My height is tall enough already, I guess. 1.75/16 yo.

Look into increasing the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. This aids in memory and mental function.

My aim is not to improving my symptoms with temporary solutions. I don't even think it will make me %20 of what I was before. I'm even suspicious that my issue is not pssd but something more like degenerating disease. But, how in the hell that a disease could wipe someone's anxiety, depression? Could a disease has anxiolytic effects because of dopamine depletion or something like that?

I was thinking about Multiple sclerosis. I have all of its symptoms and mine is progressively worsening.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals