Seth Robert's Shangri-La Diet

gretchen

Says set point can be changed by manipulating the brain with diet by eating several hundred calories of flavorless food such as sugar water or refined coconut oil in a window away from meals.

Says set point goes up according to food flavors/tastes and brain associations. Foods that taste exactly the same each time and which are strong tasting like Coke can cause your set point to go up causing you to gain or maintain a higher weight.

Very interesting and I think irregardless of what you weigh is worth looking in to:
http://www.sethroberts.net

kiran

I think this is an interesting topic. I'm wondering if novel/tasteless foods cause a rise in stress hormones, just by virtue of being unfamiliar.

OP
G

gretchen

Seriously, read the forum & read testimonies online. This technique is very much for real and what we may all need in order to stop pushing our set points up. From what I'm reading, you can use the flavorless calories to push your s.p. down indefinitely; you don't have to restrict. I personally don't want to gain so I will definitely be doing this, since it seems clear to me that this very healthy & good tasting RP diet has a few glitches.

cliff

Why have I never been able to get my set point to go up? The flavorless calories just make it unappetizing to eat which makes you eat less, seems like it could be a benefit for some but could also have adverse effects for others.

Primal2Peat

This is very interesting.

My bodyfat percentage has always bottomed out around 11.5%, and then I fluctuate between that and 13%.

(I'm a male, btw)

I might experiment with choosing blander tasting sugar and fat choices.

Thanks, Gretchen.

OP
G

gretchen

Whatever it takes to continue enjoying this diet without inadvertently establishing a higher weight.