Sesame Oil

Coderr

Do you think sesame is estrogenic? I like to eat tahini but I've heard that lingans are estrogenic before so I decided not to eat.

Do you think sesame is estrogenic? I like to eat tahini but I've heard that lingans are estrogenic before so I decided not to eat.
It is so full of PUFA's and yes estrogenic! Fortunately a little goes a long way for flavor so I use it in my asian foods when needed and balance it with coconut oil.

N

nobody

It is so full of PUFA's and yes estrogenic! Fortunately a little goes a long way for flavor so I use it in my asian foods when needed and balance it with coconut oil.
What does Peat say about sesame oil topical application for massage? Does the body store pufa this way or would it be considered safe?

What does Peat say about sesame oil topical application for massage? Does the body store pufa this way or would it be considered safe?
Yes topically it does, so lotions and oils really matter. He talks about his being careful not to touch his paints because of the oils in them getting into the bloodstream.

movebetter

Hi Rinse & rePeat,
I am planning about a 4 week trip to Japan with my partner and they'll be a lot of going to dinner either at friend's houses or in restaurants and sesame oil is used in nearly all their dishes and cooking.

I don't want to be weird and not join for the eating but I don't know what to do about the oil.

I know there may be other challenges like soy and starches but I'm not worried that much about a little bit of that but I'm really worried about PUFAS.

Do you have any advice?

Hi Rinse & rePeat,
I am planning about a 4 week trip to Japan with my partner and they'll be a lot of going to dinner either at friend's houses or in restaurants and sesame oil is used in nearly all their dishes and cooking.

I don't want to be weird and not join for the eating but I don't know what to do about the oil.

I know there may be other challenges like soy and starches but I'm not worried that much about a little bit of that but I'm really worried about PUFAS.

Do you have any advice?
My opinion on that is l, if you are in good health and younger you should not worry so much. If you are older and have health issues already it wouldn’t be good if your health tanked halfway through your trip or you had to suffer for awhile after it. With that being said, I have been in those positions where I don’t want to participate with unhealthy indulgences that others are doing, and I am always grateful the next day that I stayed my course, feeling good, while others aren’t so much. My strategy would be to lean into the seafood there, and remember that mixing saturated fats with high PUFA’s helps to displace the PUFA’s, and not store them. So I would just have a few rules for myself, like avoiding more PUFA’s in the noodle dishes avoiding the chicken and ordering them with beef instead, avoid the edamame, and just don’t add anymore soy to anything. You could strategize with aspirin or progesterone, and vitamin E. I think in Japan you will find plenty of healthy options. If you really get into a bind and don’t want to be hassled by friends, just claim you have intolerances to certain things like chicken, wheat, soy and sesame seeds. My friends don’t push the issue and try to compromise for me, caring. If you say you are just trying to be healthy you will make them feel judged by their choices. That is an exciting trip!

movebetter

My opinion on that is l, if you are in good health and younger you should not worry so much. If you are older and have health issues already it wouldn’t be good if your health tanked halfway through your trip or you had to suffer for awhile after it. With that being said, I have been in those positions where I don’t want to participate with unhealthy indulgences that others are doing, and I am always grateful the next day that I stayed my course, feeling good, while others aren’t so much. My strategy would be to lean into the seafood there, and remember that mixing saturated fats with high PUFA’s helps to displace the PUFA’s, and not store them. So I would just have a few rules for myself, like avoiding more PUFA’s in the noodle dishes avoiding the chicken and ordering them with beef instead, avoid the edamame, and just don’t add anymore soy to anything. You could strategize with aspirin or progesterone, and vitamin E. I think in Japan you will find plenty of healthy options. If you really get into a bind and don’t want to be hassled by friends, just claim you have intolerances to certain things like chicken, wheat, soy and sesame seeds. My friends don’t push the issue and try to compromise for me, caring. If you say you are just trying to be healthy you will make them feel judged by their choices. That is an exciting trip!
Thank you! I am in the second category, older and not that healthy with fatigue issues.

Lots of good suggestions, I will try fish, white fish or shrimp. And say I have some intolerances. Bring progesterone and vitamin e and maybe a small container of coconut oil. Yes exciting.
Thanks

Thank you! I am in the second category, older and not that healthy with fatigue issues.

Lots of good suggestions, I will try fish, white fish or shrimp. And say I have some intolerances. Bring progesterone and vitamin e and maybe a small container of coconut oil. Yes exciting.
Thanks
Maybe report back on how it goes? I curious to know how your trip plays out. Make sure your coconut oil is refined so you don’t ruin the flavor of all that wonderful food.

movebetter

Maybe report back on how it goes? I curious to know how your trip plays out. Make sure your coconut oil is refined so you don’t ruin the flavor of all that wonderful food.
ok, I will let you know. yes it is refined. I hope I can tolerate the milk there.

ok, I will let you know. yes it is refined. I hope I can tolerate the milk there.
I probably would skip the milk there. I just don’t think it really goes with Japanese food anyways. Grab a milkshake here and there. Enjoy your trip. Just try to eat clean and skip the fried stuff, aka PUFA. If you lived there you would have to figure things out for the long haul, but for a trip just learn their culture, minus the PUFA. I think of all the cultures they would offer better foods than most.

movebetter

I probably would skip the milk there. I just don’t think it really goes with Japanese food anyways. Grab a milkshake here and there. Enjoy your trip. Just try to eat clean and skip the fried stuff, aka PUFA. If you lived there you would have to figure things out for the long haul, but for a trip just learn their culture, minus the PUFA. I think of all the cultures they would offer better foods than most.
Hi, thanks, I really appreciate your suggestions. Below is a little background and my diet plan at this time.

My partner is half Japanese and half American. She lived there until 6 years ago. By the way she is 36 years younger than me which is another challenge.

She said nearly everything is cooked or has sesame seed oil added.

Also I see no way to get enough protein without milk. I have a big problem digesting flesh. A little shrimp and white fish is ok. There is available, orange juice, low fat milk and Greek yogurt all of which I plan on making my basic diet and then eat out a few times and hope the PUFAs don't harm me too much.

Japan is one of the biggest users of toxic chemicals in there agriculture which was shocking for me to discover because there food is so good. And it's very hard to find anything organic.

When eating out I will try to add coconut oil to the food in hopes of mitigating the PUFAS and also take some vitamin e after meals.

I am on a low fat diet (15 to 20 % of calories) and trying to get at least 100 grams of protein per day. So you can see why I need low fat dairy. I think I explained in my other posts with you that I have a slow growing blood cancer that is asymptomatic at this time and want to keep it that way. That is why I am following the low fat, high protein diet and also it seems to help with my long standing CFS.

Below is my diet plan at this time. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

BASIC DIET JAPAN
Eggs, pasture raised if possible
Milk, no fat if possible or low fat
Greek yogurt, no fat if possible or low fat
Orange juice, organic if possible
Shrimp
White fish, Hake, Cod, Flounder
White rice, organic if possible
Potato
Honey from home
Dried fruit
Apple sauce
Frozen fruit
Oranges from supermarket
Coconut oil refined from home
Salt

Hi, thanks, I really appreciate your suggestions. Below is a little background and my diet plan at this time.

My partner is half Japanese and half American. She lived there until 6 years ago. By the way she is 36 years younger than me which is another challenge.

She said nearly everything is cooked or has sesame seed oil added.

Also I see no way to get enough protein without milk. I have a big problem digesting flesh. A little shrimp and white fish is ok. There is available, orange juice, low fat milk and Greek yogurt all of which I plan on making my basic diet and then eat out a few times and hope the PUFAs don't harm me too much.

Japan is one of the biggest users of toxic chemicals in there agriculture which was shocking for me to discover because there food is so good. And it's very hard to find anything organic.

When eating out I will try to add coconut oil to the food in hopes of mitigating the PUFAS and also take some vitamin e after meals.

I am on a low fat diet (15 to 20 % of calories) and trying to get at least 100 grams of protein per day. So you can see why I need low fat dairy. I think I explained in my other posts with you that I have a slow growing blood cancer that is asymptomatic at this time and want to keep it that way. That is why I am following the low fat, high protein diet and also it seems to help with my long standing CFS.

Below is my diet plan at this time. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

BASIC DIET JAPAN
Eggs, pasture raised if possible
Milk, no fat if possible or low fat
Greek yogurt, no fat if possible or low fat
Orange juice, organic if possible
Shrimp
White fish, Hake, Cod, Flounder
White rice, organic if possible
Potato
Honey from home
Dried fruit
Apple sauce
Frozen fruit
Oranges from supermarket
Coconut oil refined from home
Salt
Yeah what a challenging trip. I think your plan is very good. I had no idea the food in Japan is so toxic. Though Japan’s cancer ranking is much higher than I would have thought, the United States is twice as bad! It goes to show you how wealth does not equal health….

movebetter

Yeah what a challenging trip. I think your plan is very good. I had no idea the food in Japan is so toxic. Though Japan’s cancer ranking is much higher than I would have thought, the United States is twice as bad! It goes to show you how wealth does not equal health….

thanks, what do you think the cancer rates are attributed too?

thanks, what do you think the cancer rates are attributed too?
They probably were already pushing their luck with the soy and Keepie mayo, but Americanized sushi, fast food and Chernobyl drifting their way, making their fish and water toxic, were probably big culprits in pushing them up into the higher ranks.