Serrapeptase Experiment

Queequeg

Interested... An Executive Who Shall Not Be Named was touting it for a while as being great for reducing scar tissue. I've got quite a few on my stomach from years ago, when I was overweight (managed to lose it all essentially on a high sugar/no fat diet, including sat fat). Any opinions on that?
Yes its good for scar tissue plus lots of other important benefits like removing arteriosclerosis plaque and fibrin around organs.

OP
ecstatichamster
I use doctors best. But I've tried different brands. I suggest you get a small bottle of each one and try it because one may not work well while another does.

One may make your stomach upset and the other doesn't. After a while I couldn't tolerate any of it but hopefully that won't happen to you

Pet Peeve

Very interesting @Queequeg. Maybe the mixing only helps if someone is experiencing extreme stomach pain from using Serrapeptase alone? Otherwise not needed?

I think the serrapeptase is covered in cellulose to get it to the small intestine. Other enzymes, cellulases, might break down the cellulose in the stomach.

OP
ecstatichamster
I think the serrapeptase is covered in cellulose to get it to the small intestine. Other enzymes, cellulases, might break down the cellulose in the stomach.
yes that is my understanding, not necessarily cellulose but some encapsulation to make it get through the stomach because the serapeptase doesn't withstand stomach acid.

I posted about another type of enzymes from fungus that do handle stomach acid and don't require this step and they were gentler for me and I was able to use them. One of them is this:

Amazon.com: Pro-OneZyme Best Proteolytic Systemic Enzymes with Nattokinase and Seaprose - 90 capsules: Health & Personal Care

2017-02-04_11-06-53.png

Queequeg

That sounds right.
As for recommendations, I have been using Enerex 120,000 SU. I had been using Doctors Best 120,000 and am not sure if I could tell if there was a difference or not. Both seem to work.

Pet Peeve

I've been stuffing myself with fungal enzymes for a week now with plenty of die off and today I took some serrapeptase doctors best 40000 with nattokinase. Man, I caughed up a lung, snot and tears, feels like I have an ants nest in my throat.

Waynish

I've been stuffing myself with fungal enzymes for a week now with plenty of die off and today I took some serrapeptase doctors best 40000 with nattokinase. Man, I caughed up a lung, snot and tears, feels like I have an ants nest in my throat.
You still sure it is just a herx reaction? I still wonder whether some of my reactions to substances were die-off or unnecessary damage...

Pet Peeve

You still sure it is just a herx reaction? I still wonder whether some of my reactions to substances were die-off or unnecessary damage...

I got gassy and assumed it was die off as I hadn't had any fiber. I think I have some problems with protein digestion and the enzymes seem to work really well. Serrapeptase is a different beast though, it made my lungs feel really good then I started coughing.

Btw, the fungal enzymes made my face look really healthy again, like wrinkles have straightened out and it just looks just like I want it too look. Sorry to seem vain, but I'm amazed.

L

lollipop

Makes sense @Pet Peeve I also have never noticed stomach problems from Serrapeptase. Might be because I only take 2 or 3 times a week. Within hours of taking I notice some beneficial physical manifestation - varies so hard to pin down. Overall good stuff in my experience.

Elize

Greetings.

Could Serapeptase be used for inflammation and encephalopathy.
What about taking it for Hashimoto encephalopathy or thyroid problems.

Queequeg

Greetings.

Could Serapeptase be used for inflammation and encephalopathy.
What about taking it for Hashimoto encephalopathy or thyroid problems.
It does lower inflammation as well as other benefits. not sure about Hashimoto encephalopathy

I use doctors best. But I've tried different brands. I suggest you get a small bottle of each one and try it because one may not work well while another does.

One may make your stomach upset and the other doesn't. After a while I couldn't tolerate any of it but hopefully that won't happen to you

Are there any topical serrapeptase products that might work for surgical scars?

Queequeg

Elize

Hi from Elize

Thanks for advice.
Is it ok to take Serrapeptase whilst on thyroid meds as well?
I take my thyroid T4 Levoxyl at 6 am and my T3 at 1 pm.
I thought it best to take one dose of Serrapeptase at 10 am and another dose when I wake up at night to go to the bathroom.
Would this be ok?

Queequeg

Hi from Elize

Thanks for advice.
Is it ok to take Serrapeptase whilst on thyroid meds as well?
I take my thyroid T4 Levoxyl at 6 am and my T3 at 1 pm.
I thought it best to take one dose of Serrapeptase at 10 am and another dose when I wake up at night to go to the bathroom.
Would this be ok?
I think so. Only rule is an empty stomach

Travis

They synergisticly help the other enzymes work more effectively.. kind of like the Michael Jordan effect.
Michael Jordan can even help enzymes work better?

It must be the shoes.

Last edited:

yerrag

@ecstatichamster thanks for showing this link. Dr. William Wong's video had him talking about keloids so I think using enzymes, particularly those with serrapeptase, would be likely to help with my keloids. I'm familiar with digestive enzymes, and have used Wobenzym, a German product, before. Once, I also used an enzyme called Marcozyme for a year, and after a year's use, it fixed my hypothyroid condition. It was prescribed by a naturopathic doctor.

With that much posititve experience with enzymes, I'm still finding more uses with enzymes. Thanks for starting this thread as well.

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster thanks for showing this link. Dr. William Wong's video had him talking about keloids so I think using enzymes, particularly those with serrapeptase, would be likely to help with my keloids. I'm familiar with digestive enzymes, and have used Wobenzym, a German product, before. Once, I also used an enzyme called Marcozyme for a year, and after a year's use, it fixed my hypothyroid condition. It was prescribed by a naturopathic doctor.

With that much posititve experience with enzymes, I'm still finding more uses with enzymes. Thanks for starting this thread as well.
glad you find it useful

L

lollipop

With that much posititve experience with enzymes, I'm still finding more uses with enzymes.
I agree @yerrag. I think enzymes are a bit under-recognized. Not sure why exactly. Maybe results are inconsistent? I find them non-invasive, non-addictive, good stuff really. Also I think they are very helpful in rebuilding health and not really needed once high functioning returns.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals