Serrapeptase Experiment

sweetpeat

She too started on Dr Best 40,000 x2. I don't know if she has switched to the enerex yet but I bought her a bottle of that.
Thank you. I'm interested in giving this a try to see if it helps some of my swollen veins.

Sheila

Good morning Queequeg
Thank you, I will, and perhaps at a lower dose. I appreciate the feedback on your experiences and that lower doses also work - I have some patients where bleeding is a potential issue.
Do you have a suggestion for a mixed digestive enzyme of note, I am ready to try something different. @lisaferraro also please, as I believe you take a digestive enzyme also.
Thank you for your help, sincerely
Sheila

L

lollipop

Hi @Sheila,

I found the combination of Digestive AND Serrapeptase works the best. No side effects, only benefits:

*lungs cleared out
*gut healed and cleared up
*overall well being increased

That is also why I chose the Enzemedica Serrapeptase because the formula also includes Protease and small amt of cal/mag citrate.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 88

Queequeg

Good morning Queequeg
Thank you, I will, and perhaps at a lower dose. I appreciate the feedback on your experiences and that lower doses also work - I have some patients where bleeding is a potential issue.
Do you have a suggestion for a mixed digestive enzyme of note, I am ready to try something different. @lisaferraro also please, as I believe you take a digestive enzyme also.
Thank you for your help, sincerely
Sheila
Any time:) I use these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OXKHC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 . You can take them with food for better digestion but to work systemically with Serrapetase you have to take both on an empty stomach

Sheila

Dear Lisa and Queequeg,
Thank you both for taking the time to reply, i appreciate your kindness and the photos, links.
I will let you know how i go to complete the loop. Removal of lung gunk is so very important; a wet, pathogen-friendly lung is such a 'feature' of high oestrogenic states and chronic illness, so a tool like this may be very helpful.
Best regards
Sheila

moss

Wanted to add my positive experience as well.

I have been taking Serrapeptase for over a month now for a frozen shoulder. My arm/shoulder range of movement (ROM) was limited to around 30% at the time I started this experiment and I was well and truly over it, having tried many things.....
I started on a high dose because it was recommended to me to take 250,000 IU x 6 caps (2 in between meals) daily and on an empty stomach and experienced no stomach issues.

Day four there was an immediate ROM improvement to 90%. Quite staggering, given my limited movement of around 30% since around early April of this year. :claporange

Beginning week 3 I dropped the dose down to 250,000 IU x 3 daily for another week and continued to see improvements. I am now on a maintenance dose 250,000 IU twice daily and will continue for another month or so then possibly drop down to 250,000 IU once daily and continue for a good while.
I take digestive enzymes with meals and have Epsom salt baths regularly. I have no pain in the shoulder itself and now on the hunt for an experienced Myofascial Release therapist because I am told this will help to ease and break up residual scar tissue in the trapezius/deltoid areas.
Feldenkrais has been very helpful too.

I would like to thank @ecstatichamster :thankyou because I literally stumbled across this thread thinking it was some weird rocket fuel experiment....:roll:
and to the other contributors on this thread all very helpful info.:grouphug2

Hope this helps someone else too.

L

lollipop

I have been taking Serrapeptase for over a month now for a frozen shoulder. My arm/shoulder range of movement (ROM) was limited to around 30% at the time I started this experiment and I was well and truly over it, having tried many things.....
I started on a high dose because it was recommended to me to take 250,000 IU x 6 caps (2 in between meals) daily and on an empty stomach and experienced no stomach issues.

Day four there was an immediate ROM improvement to 90%. Quite staggering, given my limited movement of around 30% since around early April of this year. :claporange

Beginning week 3 I dropped the dose down to 250,000 IU x 3 daily for another week and continued to see improvements. I am now on a maintenance dose 250,000 IU twice daily and will continue for another month or so then possibly drop down to 250,000 IU once daily and continue for a good while.
I take digestive enzymes with meals and have Epsom salt baths regularly. I have no pain in the shoulder itself and now on the hunt for an experienced Myofascial Release therapist because I am told this will help to ease and break up residual scar tissue in the trapezius/deltoid areas.

I would like to thank @ecstatichamster :thankyou because I literally stumbled across this thread thinking it was some weird rocket fuel experiment....:roll:

How AWESOME @moss!! I do feel Enzymes are one the best hidden secrets for health.

Queequeg

That's great news!!! I am curious as to what brand you are taking. That is a really high amount; I may need to up mine a bit.

Regina

Hi moss, Have you also tried Vitamin K2 (like Kuinone) for your shoulder? Kuinone resolved my chronic shoulder and wrist issues. We've been talking about low estrogen and joint pain but I am thinking there is an infectious element with joints. I am thinking that is why serrapeptase, perhaps emodin and kuinone resolve the pain.

moss

Hi moss, Have you also tried Vitamin K2 (like Kuinone) for your shoulder? Kuinone resolved my chronic shoulder and wrist issues. We've been talking about low estrogen and joint pain but I am thinking there is an infectious element with joints. I am thinking that is why serrapeptase, perhaps emodin and kuinone resolve the pain.

Hi Regina

Thank you for your thoughts.

Yes, I have tried K2 and I do currently take it daily. I have rubbed a few times on my shoulder which is a damn side easier than Progest-E what are your thoughts on how much?
Leading up to my shoulder problem I was running my own business and helping out a friend for a short stint, in her business for a couple of months. Her business involves static repetitive movements, heavy work, long days - fun and pretty mindless - it was good to have a change and do something different to what I normally do. I have no doubt this is one of the things that contributed to the frozen shoulder because a couple of other workers had similar problems, so there was a postural component for sure.
There may well have been an infectious component too, I don't know.

I understand what you are saying and you are right about Serrapeptase, Emodin and Kuinone helping to resolve pain. Yellow Dock, Aloe, Burdock, Bogbean and Pau d'arco also contain anthraquinones. Pau d' arco is unique because it contains both the naphthoquinones and the anthraquinones. Many of these therapeutics contribute to drainage of the liver and are blood cleansers and improve a sluggish bowel (which is the basis of many degenerative and chronic conditions) and will facilitate reabsorption off the bowel walls and remove waste products. I need to understand more about low oestrogen and joint pain, not totally convinced about that and wonder if high cortisol lowered too quickly may play a part there? I think fluid balance and lack of salt is also in the mix too.

Which thread have you been this discussing on?
I no sooner go away for a few days and come back and there are several new pages of threads and cannot keep up....

Regina

Hi Regina

Thank you for your thoughts.

Yes, I have tried K2 and I do currently take it daily. I have rubbed a few times on my shoulder which is a damn side easier than Progest-E what are your thoughts on how much?
Leading up to my shoulder problem I was running my own business and helping out a friend for a short stint, in her business for a couple of months. Her business involves static repetitive movements, heavy work, long days - fun and pretty mindless - it was good to have a change and do something different to what I normally do. I have no doubt this is one of the things that contributed to the frozen shoulder because a couple of other workers had similar problems, so there was a postural component for sure.
There may well have been an infectious component too, I don't know.

I understand what you are saying and you are right about Serrapeptase, Emodin and Kuinone helping to resolve pain. Yellow Dock, Aloe, Burdock, Bogbean and Pau d'arco also contain anthraquinones. Pau d' arco is unique because it contains both the naphthoquinones and the anthraquinones. Many of these therapeutics contribute to drainage of the liver and are blood cleansers and improve a sluggish bowel (which is the basis of many degenerative and chronic conditions) and will facilitate reabsorption off the bowel walls and remove waste products. I need to understand more about low oestrogen and joint pain, not totally convinced about that and wonder if high cortisol lowered too quickly may play a part there? I think fluid balance and lack of salt is also in the mix too.

Which thread have you been this discussing on?
I no sooner go away for a few days and come back and there are several new pages of threads and cannot keep up....
Hopefully I can look through material tonight. The low estrogen issue was sort of the flavor of the week a few days ago in a few threads. Personally, I don't agree.
But wtfdik. With your repetitive injury, Ray Peat has written about cross-linking (thickening/toughening) in tissue repair under certain circumstances. I am a ridiculously slow reader, so hopefully someone can chime in about it sooner than I can.

Queequeg

FYI, I started taking a mixed digestive enzyme with my serrapeptase and as I shouldn't have been surprised, my floaters and back pain started to come back. In hindsight the protease in the enzymes had digested my serrapeptase. I now try to take them at least a half hour apart, if I take the mixed enzyme at all.

L

lollipop

FYI, I started taking a mixed digestive enzyme with my serrapeptase and as I shouldn't have been surprised, my floaters and back pain started to come back. In hindsight the protease in the enzymes had digested my serrapeptase. I now try to take them at least a half hour apart, if I take the mixed enzyme at all.
Very interesting @Queequeg. Maybe the mixing only helps if someone is experiencing extreme stomach pain from using Serrapeptase alone? Otherwise not needed?

Atman

Never heard of this protein.
Does it get absorbed into the bloodstream? If so, why doesn't it get digested?
What's its mechanism of action?
Has Ray ever written anything about it?

M

matisvijs

Interested... An Executive Who Shall Not Be Named was touting it for a while as being great for reducing scar tissue. I've got quite a few on my stomach from years ago, when I was overweight (managed to lose it all essentially on a high sugar/no fat diet, including sat fat). Any opinions on that?

Queequeg

Very interesting @Queequeg. Maybe the mixing only helps if someone is experiencing extreme stomach pain from using Serrapeptase alone? Otherwise not needed?
I think the purpose of the mixed enzyme is to work synergistic with the serrapeptase since each enzyme only breakdowns certain families of molecules. For example amylase would be good for any starch that is floating around undigested in your bloodstream or caught in the capillaries.

Queequeg

Never heard of this protein.
Does it get absorbed into the bloodstream? If so, why doesn't it get digested?
What's its mechanism of action?
Has Ray ever written anything about it?
lots of great info further back in the thread especially the video presentation. Ray once mentioned that enzymes eventually dissolve floaters but I don't think he has mentioned serrapeptase specifically.