Serotonin Reduction With Chills And Shivering

Blake

Hello, I got mild case of serotonin syndrome three weeks ago. I eat carrots through out the day and take BCAA with my meals. I also take Great Lakes gelatin when I eat meat meals. My symptoms seem to die down besides light chills and shivering? How long does this last and what helps to cope with ?
Thanks Blake

Vinero

Chills and shivering those are symptoms of elevated nitric oxide.
An elevated nitric oxide level is usually found after serotonin or cortisol have been increase for some time.
My guess is that once you stop the stress and lower the serotonin, nitric oxide will stay elevated for a couple of days.
It will go down on it's own eventually, as your metabolism is restored to normal with rest and good nutrition.
What was the cause of the Serotonin Syndrome if I may ask? And how long was serotonin elevated?

Etheric

I sometimes get chills when I overindulge in cigars. A tsp of sugar fixes me right up. Worth a shot.

OP
B

Blake

I took Zoloft one time but before I took it I was taking omegas, melatonin ginkgo, and other vitamins and herbs that increased Serotonin naturally. When I went to the er they said it was a allergic reaction. My symptoms at the time were rapid heart beat, chills, mild muscle spasm and twitching. The first two days after that Were the worse it felt like I had the flu. It gradually got better until I ate a large pizza then my chills and shivering came back and light muscle twitching in the legs. Since I’ve been taking the BCAA, gelatin and aspirin it’s helped with the muscle twitching and spasms but now I have the chills in the morning and at night. At times when I eat certain foods that trigger my symptoms too. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since it happen!
An elevated nitric oxide level is usually found after serotonin or cortisol have been increase for some time.
My guess is that once you stop the stress and lower the serotonin, nitric oxide will stay elevated for a couple of days.
It will go down on it's own eventually, as your metabolism is restored to normal with rest and good nutrition.
What was the cause of the Serotonin Syndrome if I may ask? And how long was serotonin elevated?
was takifor
What was the cause of the Serotonin Syndrome if I may ask? And how long was serotonin elevated?[/QUOTE

OP
B

Blake

Still have chills from my Serotonin syndrome after a month? I thought I was getting better then it came back?

m1210

Hello, I got mild case of serotonin syndrome three weeks ago. I eat carrots through out the day and take BCAA with my meals. I also take Great Lakes gelatin when I eat meat meals. My symptoms seem to die down besides light chills and shivering? How long does this last and what helps to cope with ?
Thanks Blake

What does eating carrots do? I'm experiencing similar things too