• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Mauritio

This is just just another angle showing how stress hormones and PUFA affect the whole body negatively.

Increased Blood-brain-barrier permeability(leaky brain) is linked to many diseases :
"Blood–brain barrier dysfunction contributes to pathology in a range of neurological conditions including multiple sclerosis, stroke, and epilepsy, and has also been implicated in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease."
(The blood–brain barrier in health and disease: Important unanswered questions | Journal of Experimental Medicine | Rockefeller University Press)

This review shows that:
Serotonin increases BBB permeability and that the 5HT-2 receptors are implicated in that.

Histamine seems to cause leaky brain by increasing Calcium ions in the cell.

Arachidonic acid increases free radicals via lipid peroxidation /COX and LOX ,so its safe to say that all PUFA will have the same effect as they're all causing lipid peroxidation .

" Serotonin (5HT) has been reported to increase blood-brain barrier permeability in some but not all studies. Where barrier opening was seen, there was evidence for activation of 5-HT2 receptors and a calcium-dependent permeability increase. 8. Histamine is one of the few central nervous system neurotransmitters found to cause consistent blood-brain barrier opening. The earlier literature was unclear, but studies of pial vessels and cultured endothelium reveal increased permeability mediated by H2 receptors and elevation of [Ca2+]i and an H1 receptor-mediated reduction in permeability coupled to an elevation of cAMP.
Arachidonic acid is elevated in some neural pathologies and causes gross opening of the blood-brain barrier to large molecules including proteins. There is evidence that arachidonic acid acts via generation of free radicals in the course of its metabolism by cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase pathways."

Consistency

Lol. You don't know what you're talking about.

Serotonin is increased during physical activity to increase blood flow to the brain. Another way to understand it is that degenerative diseases like Parkinson's cause tremors from a lack of neurotransmitters which are required to keep blood pressure stable.

Please go for a walk and then you'll understand the science better.

PUFA's aren't harmful from whole foods unless they're rancid or someone lives in a polluted city. I consume lots of PUFA's from in shell nuts and oily seeds but I also take longs walks in nature to build muscle. My skin is healthy and still don't have a single grey hair at 34.

Exercise is king.

Last edited:

Birdie

Good find @Mauritio . I found, just this morning, that without my Progesterone-E dose, within several hours I was feeling the prodrome of a petit mal. The only time I actually experienced one, was about 40 years ago, but the warning signs have appeared from time to time in the following years.. until starting Progest-E.

Yay Ray.

Mauritio

Lol. You don't know what you're talking about.

Serotonin is increased during physical activity to increase blood flow to the brain. Another way to understand it is that degenerative diseases like Parkinson's cause tremors from a lack of neurotransmitters which are required to keep blood pressure stable.

Please go for a walk and then you'll understand the science better.

PUFA's aren't harmful from whole foods unless they're rancid or someone lives in a polluted city. I consume lots of PUFA's from in shell nuts and oily seeds but I also take longs walks in nature to build muscle. My skin is healthy and still don't have a single grey hair at 34.

Exercise is king.
Okay :D

Mauritio

Good find @Mauritio . I found, just this morning, that without my Progesterone-E dose, within several hours I was feeling the prodrome of a petit mal. The only time I actually experienced one, was about 40 years ago, but the warning signs have appeared from time to time in the following years.. until starting Progest-E.

Yay Ray.
Not surprised progesterone helps , its probably the best thing you can do for your brain .
I think the GABAergic action of it plays a big role as well.

Consistency

Serotonin is known to be a vasoconstrictor. Why would it increase blood flow to the brain? Can you show us any regarding studies?
In vitro studies show that it's a vasoconstrictor.

Massage increases serotonin and loosens muscles. Therefore serotonin is a vasodilator in vivo.