Serotonin May Be A Cause Of Hemorrhoids And Tinnitus

haidut

Forum Supporter
The two conditions mentioned in the title of the post are quite pervasive among Western societies and their cause is, of course, officially labelled as unknown. While medicine claims that no treatment exists for tinnitus the only approved curative treatment for hemorrhoids is surgery and like any other surgical treatment of varicose veins, the problems usually recurs within a year or two after the surgery.

While researching serotonin antagonists I stumbled upon the chemicals below. The reason I am posting on this topic is not so much to generate interest in these specific chemicals but to emphasize yet again the major role serotonin plays in two very common and "mysterious" conditions for which mainstream medicine has no cure or even a theory of their origins. If serotonin is indeed the cause of these issues then OTC chemicals like famotidine and/or Benadryl may be quite helpful and easy to obtain for most patients, and if those do not help then more powerful serotonin antagonists such as cyproheptadine may be considered.

Efficacy Study of Iferanserin to Treat Hemorrhoids - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Efficacy and Safety Study to Treat Subjects With Symptomatic Internal Hemorrhoids - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
Iferanserin - Wikipedia

"...Iferanserin (INN; VEN-309) is a drug which acts as a selective 5-HT2A receptor antagonist.[1] It is under development as an intra-rectal formulation for the treatment of hemorrhoid disease, and as of February 2012, is in phase IIb clinical trials.[1]"

Intra-anal Iferanserin 10 mg BID for hemorrhoid disease: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. - PubMed - NCBI

"...CONCLUSION: Compared with placebo, intra-anal iferanserin was associated with significantly reduced patient-reported severity of bleeding and itching and physician-assessed bleeding frequency in these patients presenting with grade I, II, and/or III internal hemorrhoids and bleeding at 5 sites in Germany. "

Btw, the serotonin antagonist below is actually an approved drug in several European and Asian countries, so if patients have an open-minded doctor who is willing to deal with foreign pharmacies they may be able to obtain it through official channels. The anti-cramping effect is also interesting and this may explain why it is used by some athletes as an ergogenic aid.

Naftidrofuryl - Wikipedia

"...Naftidrofuryl is marketed under a variety of trade names, including Artocoron, Azunaftil, Di-Actane, Dusodril, Enelbin, Frilix, Gevatran, Iridus, Iridux, Luctor, Nafti, Naftilong, Naftodril, Nafoxal, Praxilene, Sodipryl retard, and Vascuprax. Historically, it has been used to treat sudden idiopathic hearing loss and acute tinnitus.[4] Naftidrofuryl may be effective for relieving the pain of muscle cramps.[5]"

el_dundo

Thanks Georgi, this is incredible post. I use to have some hemorrhoids during winter. It's a "pain in the ****" especially if you want to train regularly / do squats. So I read the post => checked what anti-serotonergic drugs I can buy locally => found some product from Germany called Psilo-balsam (diphenhydramine, Benadryl) ointment against mosquito allergies / anti-itch. Used it locally with a dosage ~ 0.5mg - 1mg maybe less, and inflammation, edema and discomfort went away literally in a couple of hours, I felt very calm and relaxed. I can train without any consequences.

So it seems this is definitely linked to dark seasons, cold temperature which increase gut serotonin / inflammation which cause spasm and incorrect bloodflow inside of vessels. As long as people can keep muscles relaxed even squats are pretty harmless.

Perry Staltic

Squatting while pooping supposedly helps prevent hemorrhoids. Leaning forward might accomplish the same thing.

moa

Thanks for that.

iI have had hemorrhoids with bleeding for years, and possibly anal fistula.

Mostly this was resolved fit the past years with occasional irritation.

In the summer, with hot weather, it can come back, but yesterday it came back with lot of bleeding and swollen external hemorrhoids (not much pain, but might be the old fistula that cracked again).

The only thing that i did recently was fixing my pale stools and gallbladder pain by increasing bile flow.

I am just using coffee now (after i stopped drinking) and magnesium bidglycinate. my stools are very dark brown and sticky, depending on how much magnesium i take they are more or less solid. But they are irritating on the external anal area.

i think it's known that bile and toxic bile is causing high serotonin, even though i don't have symptoms of very high serotonin.

this may explain why my hemorrhoids came back.

i wonder the best way to counter swollen hemorrhoids. I'm not a fan of charcoal because it gives dark stools (visually ugly).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals