Serotonin Is Involved In The Formation Of Traumatic Memories

Greg says

James_001 said:
post 118398
Makrosky said:

Does anyone know how long tianeptine can stay before it goes bad, assuming it is stored properly.

thanks

i have had packets for months. maybe a year and its fine. it does clump but doesn't effect potency that i can tell. there are two types; one that clumps which is sodium tianeptine and I forget the other, sulphate salt i think, which had better qualities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg says

Makrosky said:
post 118399
Greg says said:
post 118384 I have used SSRIs and it wasn't all negative. I used them for about 3 years (one factor was they were so hard to get off). It really is hard to say what they are doing physiologically. Who knows what they are doing with serotonin. I also tried the older MAO inhibitors. I tried st. johns wort for a few years also that were was very effective. The issue with all of these though was the sex dysfunction. SSRE (tianeptine) has been great with zero side effects.

Have you tried psilocibe/banisteriopsis caapi microdosing ? I think the forum member Skally (or skully can't remember) swears by it.

I want to give it a try one of this days but ... too many things to try! :roll:

no not yet. i have been offered a few times, but the ceremonies here are pricey. never heard of it being micro dosed. I want to try lisuride and bromocriptine next. I have had good results with haidut's Pansterone. As he said, DHEA can inhibit serotonin.

Dean

I can relate to alot of this. I've been following Peat for over 3 years and haven't found a way to lower serotonin enough to make a difference, if indeed that theory is credible.

About 5 years ago, I drank ayahuasca several times over a 3 week period while I was in the Amazon. I thought it had changed me for good. My real self, the person I was supposed to be, was revealed in the day(s) following a ceremony. Unfortunately, due to a work commitment, I had to go straight from my jungle tambo right back to the "real" world and the glow, and the new, authentic me was mostly gone in a few weeks.

I'd love to try low dose lsd, but don't have any contacts. Maybe I didn't stick with it long enough, but tianeptine gave me terrible constipation and I didn't really feel much from it beyond a mental energy boost the first couple of times I took it. I also recently tried the BCAA/phenylalanine combo for lowering serotonin, but had a non stop rager of a headache for the two weeks I tried it, which culminated in a kind of scary, doped up day--that leaves me wondering if lowering serotonin to raise dopamine is really the combo I'm needing.

Makrosky

Greg says said:
Makrosky said:
post 118399
Greg says said:
post 118384 I have used SSRIs and it wasn't all negative. I used them for about 3 years (one factor was they were so hard to get off). It really is hard to say what they are doing physiologically. Who knows what they are doing with serotonin. I also tried the older MAO inhibitors. I tried st. johns wort for a few years also that were was very effective. The issue with all of these though was the sex dysfunction. SSRE (tianeptine) has been great with zero side effects.

Have you tried psilocibe/banisteriopsis caapi microdosing ? I think the forum member Skally (or skully can't remember) swears by it.

I want to give it a try one of this days but ... too many things to try! :roll:

no not yet. i have been offered a few times, but the ceremonies here are pricey. never heard of it being micro dosed. I want to try lisuride and bromocriptine next. I have had good results with haidut's Pansterone. As he said, DHEA can inhibit serotonin.

Yeah, a ceremony is different than microdosing indeed.

Makrosky

Dean said:
post 118417 I can relate to alot of this. I've been following Peat for over 3 years and haven't found a way to lower serotonin enough to make a difference, if indeed that theory is credible.

About 5 years ago, I drank ayahuasca several times over a 3 week period while I was in the Amazon. I thought it had changed me for good. My real self, the person I was supposed to be, was revealed in the day(s) following a ceremony. Unfortunately, due to a work commitment, I had to go straight from my jungle tambo right back to the "real" world and the glow, and the new, authentic me was mostly gone in a few weeks.

I'd love to try low dose lsd, but don't have any contacts. Maybe I didn't stick with it long enough, but tianeptine gave me terrible constipation and I didn't really feel much from it beyond a mental energy boost the first couple of times I took it. I also recently tried the BCAA/phenylalanine combo for lowering serotonin, but had a non stop rager of a headache for the two weeks I tried it, which culminated in a kind of scary, doped up day--that leaves me wondering if lowering serotonin to raise dopamine is really the combo I'm needing.

Your experience of the "real self" banishing after going back to "real life" is normal and quite common. You can also try banisteriopsis caapi microdosing (one of the two aya ingredients). It's an IMAO so it's not Peat friendly but I think it has more compounds that might affect other neuro/endocrino chemistry. The times of my life I've been more AWAKE have been under it's influence so I really doubt it "serotonergically hibernated" me ;-)

You can buy 1p-lsd it's legal, cheap and according to anecdotal evidence indistinguishable from pure lsd.

I've already tried a microdose but can't compare to pure lsd because I never microdosed it, only psychedelic doses which are a totally different thing.

I do think though the 1p microdose did what it's supposed to do. Loosen-up mental rigidity, more focus and a big hit to the metabolism gas-pedal.

Jeez... I feel like a pusher recommending all those things :rofl

Makrosky

Greg says said:
post 118411
James_001 said:
post 118398
Makrosky said:

Does anyone know how long tianeptine can stay before it goes bad, assuming it is stored properly.

thanks

i have had packets for months. maybe a year and its fine. it does clump but doesn't effect potency that i can tell. there are two types; one that clumps which is sodium tianeptine and I forget the other, sulphate salt i think, which had better qualities.

Then when you prepare a dose of the clumped thing you don't know how much are you taking, right? Coz it carries the water with it.

Greg says

Makrosky said:
post 118428
Greg says said:
post 118411
James_001 said:
post 118398
Makrosky said:

Then when you prepare a dose of the clumped thing you don't know how much are you taking, right? Coz it carries the water with it.

yeah. to be honest I just take two or four little 'clumps' a day, maybe 50-100mg a day. the more the the better does not apply to tianeptine. i had a break a few weeks ago for 6 weeks and there was no issues like withdrawal. the recommended dose doesn't really effect me.

I have seen the 1p-LSD for sale. It's only £20.

NathanK

To add to the question about boundaries, knowing what you'll allow yourself to engage in as well as what kind of behaviors you will allow of people around you. Sometimes it takes being more assertive. Other times its not acknowledging behaviors that are intended to incite some sort of emotional reaction. This is actually a very deep topic.

Ultimately, knowing your own value system and living within it while knowing your own value you offer will remedy a lot of this.

From a Peat perspective, with practice this will lower stress (at least emotionally) and our perception of what is considered stressful. I say with practice because there likely as many interpersonal variables and situations as there are within the human body physiologically.

Edit: just realized I responded and you guys had already gone on 2 or 3 pages beyond

Regina

if there was no authority selfish (sociopath) people...which is a huge portion of society...yea they claim ignorance, whatever...lol, think about how much less serotonin there would be. If people respected other peoples free choices, freedom, and trusted them to do the right job (which means what you do has to be worthy and necessary) there would be ..almost no serotonin. Self driven people, doing valuable things the right way. School alone is like...a profound trauma that most people never get over, or realize its a trauma. Combine with parents and their BS and 'rules' and 'helpful advice', and religion...its basically, people are all HIGHLY traumatized,...oh and, going to doctors from a young age and being violated and programmed. So basically every person...in most societies, is highly traumatized and it takes years to overcome if at all. Thank good for the internet...and my nuts. The people ive met and worked with that were home schooled have a profound different vibe that is extremely refreshing compared to the average robot...to someone like me its so refreshing, an actual human with a heart that can vibe back and forth. Now...yea, it makes total sense. Serotonin happens when your basic drives are suppressed, or your personal space or body or being is being defiled of its sacred nature....so translate that out to its endpoint. Who lived in a home, didn't go to school, has a job, that doesn't do those things? And you actually need that...or you'll always be subtly angry or irritated inside, your subconscious knows, your heart knows
:thumbsup:

Regina

I've tried Cypro. Knocked me out for sleeping but wasted the next day in a zombie state. Couldn't speak.

I still occasionally have nightmares relating to things 30+ years ago. Its strange how the body holds onto things (things that we would be better off forgetting). I can't recall where I read it, but serotonin was related to our 'defensive shield'. Known as Wei chi in Chinese medicine. I feel I have zero defensive shield. I feel very raw, open and thinned skinned. From feeling a burning sensation from EMFs to being effected by other peoples moods. I feel people are attracted to this and can sense it... I'm always being approached by strangers, whether to ask directions or within a few moments of meeting someone they are telling me personal details about their lives.
Me too.

Regina

lol, yeah ayahuasca is really powerful. I probably won't use it again, but I sometimes wish that everyone in the world was using it on a regular basis.

I think Terrence mckenna said something like "an ego isn't a necessary thing, but you need one in our culture/society"
:thumbsup:

Simba1992

I've tried Cypro. Knocked me out for sleeping but wasted the next day in a zombie state. Couldn't speak.

I still occasionally have nightmares relating to things 30+ years ago. Its strange how the body holds onto things (things that we would be better off forgetting). I can't recall where I read it, but serotonin was related to our 'defensive shield'. Known as Wei chi in Chinese medicine. I feel I have zero defensive shield. I feel very raw, open and thinned skinned. From feeling a burning sensation from EMFs to being effected by other peoples moods. I feel people are attracted to this and can sense it... I'm always being approached by strangers, whether to ask directions or within a few moments of meeting someone they are telling me personal details about their lives.

I think you " hold on to things" as long as the feelings that are attatched to the trauma have not been processed on a mental level. I believe the cells in our bodies hold on to this unfinnished processing of feelings and in fact keeps up the ongoing stress. The unhappy thing is also the fact that when we have experiences that are similar to the unprocessed feelings of the original trauma these enforce and add to the original stress.

Regina

if there was no authority selfish (sociopath) people...which is a huge portion of society...yea they claim ignorance, whatever...lol, think about how much less serotonin there would be. If people respected other peoples free choices, freedom, and trusted them to do the right job (which means what you do has to be worthy and necessary) there would be ..almost no serotonin. Self driven people, doing valuable things the right way. School alone is like...a profound trauma that most people never get over, or realize its a trauma. Combine with parents and their BS and 'rules' and 'helpful advice', and religion...its basically, people are all HIGHLY traumatized,...oh and, going to doctors from a young age and being violated and programmed. So basically every person...in most societies, is highly traumatized and it takes years to overcome if at all. Thank good for the internet...and my nuts. The people ive met and worked with that were home schooled have a profound different vibe that is extremely refreshing compared to the average robot...to someone like me its so refreshing, an actual human with a heart that can vibe back and forth. Now...yea, it makes total sense. Serotonin happens when your basic drives are suppressed, or your personal space or body or being is being defiled of its sacred nature....so translate that out to its endpoint. Who lived in a home, didn't go to school, has a job, that doesn't do those things? And you actually need that...or you'll always be subtly angry or irritated inside, your subconscious knows, your heart knows
:clap:

Soren

Forum Supporter
Lisuride is safer and without the hallucinogenic effects of LSD. It is also legal to import and possess, at least in the US. I think it's still available in Europe as an approved drug for Parkinson so for you might be even easier to get and use.

So lisuride could potentially be used to help people get over traumatic memories? If this is true then it sounds like a great way to help with grieving a recent loss.

I think lisuride combined with a serotonin Antagonist such as metergoline or cyproheptadine could be a great way to prevent learned helplessness and a downward spiral following a traumatic event.

TheGoogler

So lisuride could potentially be used to help people get over traumatic memories? If this is true then it sounds like a great way to help with grieving a recent loss.

I think lisuride combined with a serotonin Antagonist such as metergoline or cyproheptadine could be a great way to prevent learned helplessness and a downward spiral following a traumatic event.
Literally had the same thought these past few weeks. Trying some things in the same vein until I have some disposable cash for lisuride.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals