sladerunner69

You do know about the .ORG website, right? Quite a few people on this forum, myself included, are not very popular over there and I get hate mail pretty much every day.
I never made claims to be anything special. I simply try to learn every day and share what I have learned. Nothing more dangerous than a self-proclaimed "expert".

I assume you are talking about hackstasis, where most of the post finasteride crowd ran off to. Unfortunately most of those guys are in a really tough spot, mentally and physically in pain or even anguish. They are simply looking for a bold guru and a quick fix for their libido, but with time I believe many of them will be no better off than the average low carb dieter. I have healed from post finasteride and theneven improved, off of Peat's work, along with Roddy and you.

I have been reading this forum since 2013, and still read and analyze many of your posts, and am grateful for your presence. Not to mention your supplements which have been very helpful for the most part, even if I threw away my dmso-kuinone. But hey, this is a learning process for everyone and people should be active, ambitious, and be lifelong learners, not obedient zombies.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I assume you are talking about hackstasis, where most of the post finasteride crowd ran off to. Unfortunately most of those guys are in a really tough spot, mentally and physically in pain or even anguish. They are simply looking for a bold guru and a quick fix for their libido, but with time I believe many of them will be no better off than the average low carb dieter. I have healed from post finasteride and theneven improved, off of Peat's work, along with Roddy and you.

I have been reading this forum since 2013, and still read and analyze many of your posts, and am grateful for your presence. Not to mention your supplements which have been very helpful for the most part, even if I threw away my dmso-kuinone. But hey, this is a learning process for everyone and people should be active, ambitious, and be lifelong learners, not obedient zombies.

Hackstasis is actually fine, they have a different view/approach but that's fine. And they are not vicious, at least as far as I can tell. Check out www.raypeatforums.org which got started by a few former users of this forum. Some of the users who post here also have presence on the other forum and can testify if the users over there have "bad feelings" for myself and others here. I think @Wagner83 uses both forums so he can shed more light. I suspect the people from that forum are the ones sending me anonymous hate mail.

Wagner83

Hackstasis is actually fine, they have a different view/approach but that's fine. And they are not vicious, at least as far as I can tell. Check out www.raypeatforums.org which got started by a few former users of this forum. Some of the users who post here also have presence on the other forum and can testify if the users over there have "bad feelings" for myself and others here. I think @Wagner83 uses both forums so he can shed more light. I suspect the people from that forum are the ones sending me anonymous hate mail.
It's a bit dead at the moment, the discussions are there for all to see (in threads like "the haidut thread that won't be shut down by admins"), I took part in some of those so people can see the ideas that were exchanged and take what they want. One guy told me I'm paid by haidut and work for him. I wish people gave me money for posting, I'd be a billionnaire. There were a few very interesting members who were banned from here, VoS and Sea come to mind, I even saw Mittir (not banned here I think) quickly pass by . Haidut answered a lot of my pms about it, and trust me it was time-consuming. There are a lot of threads like this one, discussing these forums and some of the members here, but a a few others which may spike some interest. I encourage all those who are curious to make their own opinion by themselves and join or read if they like.

theLaw

You do know about the .ORG website, right? Quite a few people on this forum, myself included, are not very popular over there and I get hate mail pretty much every day.
I never made claims to be anything special. I simply try to learn every day and share what I have learned. Nothing more dangerous than a self-proclaimed "expert".

I heard that if you go into the bathroom, look directly into the mirror, and say "DMSO" three times, it will summon the Devil himself.:D

Seriously though, I would love to see you and Danny discuss the DMSO controversy in detail on his live-stream, so this community could put that ghost to rest.

Then again, I'm not the one receiving hate-mail, so it's easy for me to say.

Wagner83

I heard that if you go into the bathroom, look directly into the mirror, and say "DMSO" three times, it will summon the Devil himself.:D

Seriously though, I would love to see you and Danny discuss the DMSO controversy in detail on his live-stream, so this community could put that ghost to rest.

Then again, I'm not the one receiving hate-mail, so it's easy for me to say.
I don't think you can label it as a ghost because many members reported bad effects from it, including but not limited to tubzy, sladerunner and others. There are also good points made against it. I'm not saying it shouldn't be used either. If haidut stopped providing it as a solvent it may be for other reasons than to please those who hate him so much.

No wonder LSD is a Schedule I substance and dopaminergic drugs are banned by WADA

wada does not have a section for dopaminergic drugs. Most of the dopamine drugs are in the stimulant section, which are banned in competition only, and not on banned list for out of competition.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content...ohibited-at-all-times/non-approved-substances
and in competition
https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-in-competition
or
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defa...-29_-_wada_prohibited_list_2017_eng_final.pdf
or
List of drugs banned by WADA - Wikipedia

No ergoline type medicines are banned, including lsd. There are quite a few other dopaminergic drugs than are not on the banned list.

theLaw

I don't think you can label it as a ghost because many members reported bad effects from it, including but not limited to tubzy, sladerunner and others. There are also good points made against it. I'm not saying it shouldn't be used either. If haidut stopped providing it as a solvent it may be for other reasons than to please those who hate him so much.

I called it a ghost because there were many members who wanted to label it as harmful without discussing the nuances of its application, so that now I frequently see the term used as a boogeymen here.

My understanding is that it could potentiate steroids, so it's not surprising that there was such a wide-range of reactions................good and bad.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

It was both actually - out of caution (due to the reports and studies of side effects), and to see if the "dark side" really has an issue with DMSO or is simply using it as a cover for their hate for me. I think we know the answer to the second one :):

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
wada does not have a section for dopaminergic drugs. Most of the dopamine drugs are in the stimulant section, which are banned in competition only, and not on banned list for out of competition.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content...ohibited-at-all-times/non-approved-substances
and in competition
https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-in-competition
or
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defa...-29_-_wada_prohibited_list_2017_eng_final.pdf
or
List of drugs banned by WADA - Wikipedia

No ergoline type medicines are banned, including lsd. There are quite a few other dopaminergic drugs than are not on the banned list.

I did not mean that as ALL dopaminergic drugs are banned by WADA. Just the ones that have been traditionally abused by athletes, but the banned ones all seem to share dopaminergic effects as a common feature. However, that list changes all the time and pramipexole (a purely dopaminergic drug with no stimulant effects) is rumored to be banned soon as well. Sydnocarb is banned as well even though it is well known that is NOT an amphetamine-like drug, and in fact is simply a dopamine reuptake inhibitor.
Mesocarb - Wikipedia
"...Mesocarb (brand names Sidnocarb, Sydnocarb) is a stimulant drug which was developed in the USSR in the 1970s.[1][2] It has been found to act as a selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor,[3][4][5] and is less potent and slower-acting but longer-lasting than dextroamphetamine.[6] Mesocarb was used for a variety of applications;[7] these include counteracting the sedative effects of benzodiazepine drugs,[8] increasing workload capacity and cardiovascular function,[9] treatment of ADHD and hyperactivity in children,[10][11] as a nootropic,[12] and as a drug to enhance resistance to extremely cold temperatures.[13][14] It is also listed as having antidepressant and anticonvulsant properties. Mesocarb was sold in Russia as 5 milligram tablets under the brand name Sydnocarb. Hydroxylated metabolites can be detected in urine for up to 10 days after consumption.[15] Mesocarb is almost unknown in the western world and is neither used in medicine or studied scientifically to any great extent outside Russia and other countries in the former Soviet Union. It has however been added to the list of drugs under international control and is illegal in most countries, despite its multiple therapeutic applications and reported lack of significant abuse potential.[16] Mesocarb had erroneously been referred to as a prodrug of amphetamine[17] but this was based on older literature that relied on gas chromatography as an analytical method. Subsequently, with the advent of mass spectroscopy, it has been shown that presence of amphetamine in prior studies was an artifact of gas chromatography method.[18] More recent studies using mass spectroscopy show that negligible levels of amphetamine are released from mesocarp metabolism.[15] Mesocarb acts as a highly selective inhibitor of the dopamine reuptake transporter.[19]".

Adamantane derivatives like Bromantane have also been banned and they are nowhere near the amphetamines in terms of effects. Again, purely dopaminergic and mostly through stimulation of tyrosine hydroxylase which synthesizes dopamine.
Pharmacology of stimulants prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
"...Bromantan (bromantane): This is a stimulant developed in Russia (most references to the agent are in Russian). There were positive tests for bromantan in both the Atlanta and Sydney Olympics. It is reported to have serotonergic and dopaminergic, and to a lesser extent also has noradrenergic actions (Kudrin et al., 1995; Morozov et al., 2000). Its peripheral sympathomimetic actions may increase stroke volume (Morozov et al., 2000). Its cholinergic toxicity has been reported in higher doses (Bugaeva et al., 2000). The effects are reported to be similar to those of mesocarb. It is not to be confused with bromatan, a preparation containing the anti-histamine brompheniramine, the α1-adrenoceptor agonist phenylephrine and the opioid dextramethorphan (Sweetman, 2007).

Finally, it does not matter much if they are banned just during or also outside competition. Once a drug is on that list, many countries (including USA) use that as a guideline for enforcement on sales/possession/distribution/etc. This pollutes popular culture and conditions it to think that anything on that list is "bad" and with abuse potential. Recently, several steroid derivatives like 6-OXO and the progestin gestrinone have been banned and as such have been removed from the market. Keep in mind that gestrinone is not even remotely similar in effects to its anabolic cousine THG, yet it still got banned because it "looks similar" in structure. I guess I can see the rationale for banning something like Ritalin, but bromantane?? Come on, there is no excuse for idiocy like that.

Wagner83

I called it a ghost because there were many members who wanted to label it as harmful without discussing the nuances of its application, so that now I frequently see the term used as a boogeymen here.

My understanding is that it could potentiate steroids, so it's not surprising that there was such a wide-range of reactions................good and bad.
I don't think the potentiating effect has to do with it as the effects look quite different (e.g. breathing issues, allergies, one guy almost died from anaphylaxis response), but I'm no expert. Of course some people also used it without side-effects besides more powerful supplements.

theLaw

I don't think the potentiating effect has to do with it as the effects look quite different (e.g. breathing issues, allergies, one guy almost died from anaphylaxis response), but I'm no expert. Of course some people also used it without side-effects besides more powerful supplements.

To be fair, unless they used DMSO alone to compare, we're all just flying blind here.

Also, can't certain foods cause anaphylaxis.......even in small amounts?

johnwester130

can peating make you go "insane" ?

you begin to realise society is a lie and that everyone around you has a decreased metabolism

Wagner83

Also, can't certain foods cause anaphylaxis.......even in small amounts?
Ok, I don't want to start a debate on dmso but if one sells supplements that give many people allergic and off reactions and one almost die from it then it's a good reason to reconsider selling it, even for liability purpose (that one is a guess).

Vinero

can peating make you go "insane" ?

you begin to realise society is a lie and that everyone around you has a decreased metabolism
Yes I have noticed this. More and more I get this realization that everybody believes in stupid things and lies.
Nobody knows anything. (except Ray peat and the people here)

Last edited:

johnwester130

In what way is society a lie? A cold, hard bittersweet reality- to be sure. But a lie? No, I'm afraid that couldn't, musn't, be so!

i am referring to people like Graham Hancock who believe in lost civilizations and secret alien technology

compared to people who believe in soccer, shopping and video games as the meaning of life

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
compared to people who believe in soccer

Sport is just a form of group therapy, an escapism method for people whose lives suck otherwise, a form of modern tribalism. Politics is no different. I don't mean this in any condescending way. If it was not for sports many modern societies would probably face a wave of suicides or revolutions. Take a look at the countries where sport is a huge part of the culture. They are usually not very healthy societies and life there is usually pretty hard/depressing. There are quite a few studies on that.
March Madness | The Saturday Evening Post
"...After conducting some 200 studies over the past two decades, Wann, a leading researcher on “sports fandom,” finds consistent results: people who identify themselves as sports fans tend to have lower rates of depression and higher self-esteem than those who don’t. Blame it on our primal nature. “Sports fandom is really a tribal thing,” says Wann, a phenomenon that can help fulfill our psychological need to belong—providing similar benefits to the social support achieved through religious, professional, or other affiliations. “We’ve known for decades that social support—our tribal network—is largely responsible for keeping people mentally sound. We really do have a need to connect with others in some way.”"

Travis

Sport is just a form of group therapy, an escapism method for people whose lives suck otherwise, a form of modern tribalism. Politics is no different. I don't mean this in any condescending way. If it was not for sports many modern societies would probably face a wave of suicides or revolutions. Take a look at the countries where sport is a huge part of the culture. They are usually not very healthy societies and life there is usually pretty hard/depressing. There are quite a few studies on that.
March Madness | The Saturday Evening Post
"...After conducting some 200 studies over the past two decades, Wann, a leading researcher on “sports fandom,” finds consistent results: people who identify themselves as sports fans tend to have lower rates of depression and higher self-esteem than those who don’t. Blame it on our primal nature. “Sports fandom is really a tribal thing,” says Wann, a phenomenon that can help fulfill our psychological need to belong—providing similar benefits to the social support achieved through religious, professional, or other affiliations. “We’ve known for decades that social support—our tribal network—is largely responsible for keeping people mentally sound. We really do have a need to connect with others in some way.”"
The only think I can watch without getting bored after a few seconds is tennis and NCAA basketball (tournament). But since I never touch TV buttons, I haven't seen any sporting event in years.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The only think I can watch without getting bored after a few seconds is tennis and NCAA basketball (tournament). But since I never touch TV buttons, I haven't seen any sporting event in years.

Interestingly, tennis, NCAA basketball (and of course soccer) are my favorite too, but I don't seek them actively. If I watch it is usually when I am at a bar or travelling so I see it on the TV at airports.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals