Serotonin Causes Liver Cancer And Metastases In Colon Cancer

haidut

Forum Supporter
The role of serotonin in fibrosis is well-known despite the public lies thrown around by Big Pharma. I opsted about the behind-the-scenes acquisition of the serotonin antagonist terguride, which Pfizer is now hoping to be able to treat ANY fibrotic condition (as shown by a recently filed FDA application). Serotonin is closely associated with prolactin and both are known in the transplant industry as growth hormones - i.e. short term rise in their levels can benefit the regeneration of partially resected/removed organs like liver, kidneys, GI tract and spleen. However, chronic rise of their levels is known to cause a number of issues including fibrosis and cancer of the GI tract that collectively lead to the well-known "carcinoid sydrome". For decades mainstream medicine has been denying that serotonin has a causative role in fibrosis and cancer promotion despite the fact that people with the carcinoid syndrome die from fibrosis and not the actual cancer and its metastases.
This new study may change some of that preception in the medical circles as it found that serotonin is the primary cause of liver tumor (re)emergence and the development of metastases in colon cancer. I suppose the moment Pfizer see this study it will add yet another "indication" for their blockbuster drug, while continuing to sell SSRI. Hey @aguilaroja I think you will like this.
Btw, cyproheptadine has been shown to be therapeutic in liver, colon and other GI tract cancers and that fits perfectly with the study results below. The fact that vitamin K2 is about to be approved by the FDA for both prevention and treatment of liver cancer suggests that at least one of the mechanisms of that vitamin is antagonism to serotonin.

Bivalent role of intra-platelet serotonin in liver regeneration and tumor recurrence in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Industry, Latest Industry News, Health News - ET HealthWorld
er-regeneration-following-liver-resection-for-liver-cancer-but-also-supports-early-tumour-regrowth/61142833
"..."The findings from this study are therefore of major importance for platelet-based treatment of post-operative liver failure," explains Patrick Starlinger, "While raising the amount of growth factors contained in the platelets, such as serotonin, has hitherto been regarded as an attractive treatment, we now see that this therapy also has a downside. Although higher serotonin levels reduce the risk of complications, in parallel, they increase the risk of developing early tumour recurrence within the first six months following liver resection with curative intent." Serotonin was found to have this double-edged effect not only in primary liver tumours but also in metastases of colorectal cancer."

Regina

The role of serotonin in fibrosis is well-known despite the public lies thrown around by Big Pharma. I opsted about the behind-the-scenes acquisition of the serotonin antagonist terguride, which Pfizer is now hoping to be able to treat ANY fibrotic condition (as shown by a recently filed FDA application). Serotonin is closely associated with prolactin and both are known in the transplant industry as growth hormones - i.e. short term rise in their levels can benefit the regeneration of partially resected/removed organs like liver, kidneys, GI tract and spleen. However, chronic rise of their levels is known to cause a number of issues including fibrosis and cancer of the GI tract that collectively lead to the well-known "carcinoid sydrome". For decades mainstream medicine has been denying that serotonin has a causative role in fibrosis and cancer promotion despite the fact that people with the carcinoid syndrome die from fibrosis and not the actual cancer and its metastases.
This new study may change some of that preception in the medical circles as it found that serotonin is the primary cause of liver tumor (re)emergence and the development of metastases in colon cancer. I suppose the moment Pfizer see this study it will add yet another "indication" for their blockbuster drug, while continuing to sell SSRI. Hey @aguilaroja I think you will like this.
Btw, cyproheptadine has been shown to be therapeutic in liver, colon and other GI tract cancers and that fits perfectly with the study results below. The fact that vitamin K2 is about to be approved by the FDA for both prevention and treatment of liver cancer suggests that at least one of the mechanisms of that vitamin is antagonism to serotonin.

Bivalent role of intra-platelet serotonin in liver regeneration and tumor recurrence in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Industry, Latest Industry News, Health News - ET HealthWorld
er-regeneration-following-liver-resection-for-liver-cancer-but-also-supports-early-tumour-regrowth/61142833
"..."The findings from this study are therefore of major importance for platelet-based treatment of post-operative liver failure," explains Patrick Starlinger, "While raising the amount of growth factors contained in the platelets, such as serotonin, has hitherto been regarded as an attractive treatment, we now see that this therapy also has a downside. Although higher serotonin levels reduce the risk of complications, in parallel, they increase the risk of developing early tumour recurrence within the first six months following liver resection with curative intent." Serotonin was found to have this double-edged effect not only in primary liver tumours but also in metastases of colorectal cancer."
:thumbsup::darts:

michael94

I'm quite positive that sero-tonin has the same effects on vile duct dilation/constriction as blood vessels, which isn't really any surprise I guess...

The fibrosis may be trying to contain the damage though, depending on the circumstances. Eros-tonin constricts love in order to prevent it from being corrupted...

Amazoniac

Doctors are now more careful with their words. It's all more subtle and safer now, no open statements, no open condemnation of a patient. There's no clear positioning anymore, except when the family manifests any desire to remove the patient and refuse the pushed procedures, then the constant menaces start to appear. All else is very vague.
I'm mentioning this because when a patient is openly condemned, the family mobilizes the will that it needs to take action when the standard procedures are failing, or when they feel that the person was abandoned by the hospital. However, with the "oh, we never know how the body is going to respond", "there's always a chance, but we can't be sure", etc. The family is left deluded that a miracle is going to happen if they keep hoping.
There are simple measures that if taken in time could change the course of a person's life. Ray's idea of providing small doses of T3 every hour, nutritional support with antibiotics while restricting iron, increments of cyproheptadine, light, and so on. If only the monitoring tools of the hospital could be used along with those, but doctors prefer to let the person die than to.. risk saving a life against the norms.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does that mean K2 will be banned?

Yes, once it gets approved it will likely become prescription drug like Glakay in Japan. The FDA has already banned vitamins in the past because they were declared drugs based on a company's study.
Pyridoxamine - Wikipedia

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, once it gets approved it will likely become prescription drug like Glakay in Japan. The FDA has already banned vitamins in the past because they were declared drugs based on a company's study.
Pyridoxamine - Wikipedia
Oh my..... :(

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone know the anticancer dose that would be effective with vitamin k2?