What Benefits have you noticed?
@Jing I have bowel regularity every day without fail, that seems irrespective of what I eat. Also, not totally sure but I think my androgens have gone up, a bit. I'm going to stay on this for a few more months si I will update the thread at some point :):

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

Going to trial these. Will give updates

Attachments

• A7157476-49C4-4E55-9F06-0EEFA6063867.jpeg
    A7157476-49C4-4E55-9F06-0EEFA6063867.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 16
  • FBDC8774-423C-4600-9DAD-76EE23092998.jpeg
    FBDC8774-423C-4600-9DAD-76EE23092998.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 14
  • D8CF1D9F-5E61-4573-9451-9181774E1792.jpeg
    D8CF1D9F-5E61-4573-9451-9181774E1792.jpeg
    404.3 KB · Views: 13
People should stay away from antipsychotics, maybe the worst class of neurological pharm. Knew someone who got these for drug associated psychosis, it did not go well.

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

Doesn't seem too differ on a pharmacological basis within the dose range of around 100mg compared to average doses of Mirtazapine. Supposedly it doesn't touch dopamine receptors till around 400mg - those are the antipsychotics doses. I'm using for cortisol reduction mainly. I'm still extremely torn between the two. I plan on trialling 10mg Mirtazapine for the next week. I'll then know where to go from there

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

Doesn't seem too differ on a pharmacological basis within the dose range of around 100mg compared to average doses of Mirtazapine. Supposedly it doesn't touch dopamine receptors till around 400mg - those are the antipsychotics doses. I'm using for cortisol reduction mainly. I'm still extremely torn between the two. I plan on trialling 10mg Mirtazapine for the next week. I'll then know where to go from there
"people should stay away from anti psychotics " - Don't fear monger - things are always more contextual than to throw around broad statements like that.

"Doesn't seem too differ on a pharmacological basis within the dose range of around 100mg compared to average doses of Mirtazapine."

What do you mean by that? They are clearly highly distinct in their profile and mode of action also in these dosages? Can you elaborate.

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

Sorry, I forgot to elaborate. By anti psychotic I’m sure you’re referring to it’s activity at the dopamine receptors? I’ve come across studies that suggest this occurs at the dose range of around 300-400mg.

So 100mg would not touch dopamine hence I would not class as it an anti psychotic at this dose. Anyway, my intention is to reduce cortisol & seretonin without any norepinephrine activity as I’m sensitive to this.

At approx 15mg Mirtazapine acts on norepinephrine via alpha 2 antagonism, on the other hand Quetapine - a potent alpha 1 blocker at low doses (good), anti seretonergic (not sure at what dose & strength) and proven to lower cortisol. Yet, it’s also an alpha 2 antagonist - bad (in my case).

In addition, it’s metabolites seem to be have a potent NRI properties. At 150mg supposedly 19% occupancy ....I forgot the other details.

At this stage I’m just going to persue 10mg Mirtazapine - seems like a safe and viable option. Especially with Cyproheptadine on hand. I’ve come been dosing lightly throughout the day with great stress relief benefits. The last week or so my mental health seems to be on an uphill trajectory. THANK GOD. Raypeat you legend

Sorry, I forgot to elaborate. By anti psychotic I’m sure you’re referring to it’s activity at the dopamine receptors? I’ve come across studies that suggest this occurs at the dose range of around 300-400mg.

So 100mg would not touch dopamine hence I would not class as it an anti psychotic at this dose. Anyway, my intention is to reduce cortisol & seretonin without any norepinephrine activity as I’m sensitive to this.

At approx 15mg Mirtazapine acts on norepinephrine via alpha 2 antagonism, on the other hand Quetapine - a potent alpha 1 blocker at low doses (good), anti seretonergic (not sure at what dose & strength) and proven to lower cortisol. Yet, it’s also an alpha 2 antagonist - bad (in my case).

In addition, it’s metabolites seem to be have a potent NRI properties. At 150mg supposedly 19% occupancy ....I forgot the other details.

At this stage I’m just going to persue 10mg Mirtazapine - seems like a safe and viable option. Especially with Cyproheptadine on hand. I’ve come been dosing lightly throughout the day with great stress relief benefits. The last week or so my mental health seems to be on an uphill trajectory. THANK GOD. Raypeat you legend

Glad you found an option. Clonidine and beta/alpha blockers could be a possibility too.

BrianF

If I had your symptoms, I would diagnose these as caused entirely by the state of my gut. I would put in place a protocol that would involve the following:

1) some for of mild laxative and acitvated charcoal to get things moving and literally expelling what shouldn't be in me. I would continue to use AC at least once a week for a few months.

2) While continuing my normal diet, taking some antibiotics 0r herbal antibiotics such as oregano, berberine, neam etc and then after 4-5 days switching onto a diet that consists of foods that are digested high up in the digestive tract and continuing for at least a month.

3) Beginning the aformentioned diet.

Breakfast - scrambled eggs fried in coconut oil or butter / Orange juice

Snack - Large, milky coffee, lots of honey

Lunch - meat and soups, even from tins (offset pufa with coconut oil or butter)

Snack - cheese / orange juice / coca cola / large mily coffee

Evening meal - meat, lots of it.

Supper - Ice cream, maybe some cheese.

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

Hey guys, Having a lot of trouble at the moment regarding my mental health and the use of pharmaceuticals to help that. If anyone could throw me a PM it'd be much appreciated. I decided to move off Mirtazapine as I cannot handle Alpha 2 antagonism, my body cannot handle increased adrenaline unfortunately, I feel less depressed but the anxiety is too much to handle. So I've gone onto serequel. Feeling very pissed off with life, I dosed 150mg to start just wanting to relax and sleep for ages...It ended up increasing my heartrate, but still fell asleep...I actually wokeup with that butterflies in my stomach nervous norepinephrine type feeling...ugh I just wish I could handle it...becuase it reduces depression but gives anxiety...Took 50mg serequol lastnight...still really depressed today, had a panic attack an hour after waking,...So many medications swaps, tapers, adjustments...I just wish I could speak to someone about it and get people opinions. I can lay out everything I'm taking and doing and eating etc if anyone has the time and effort to have a look into it. I may just put in here everything Im taking just incase anyone can lend there thoughts.

Thanks
J

Hey guys, Having a lot of trouble at the moment regarding my mental health and the use of pharmaceuticals to help that. If anyone could throw me a PM it'd be much appreciated. I decided to move off Mirtazapine as I cannot handle Alpha 2 antagonism, my body cannot handle increased adrenaline unfortunately, I feel less depressed but the anxiety is too much to handle. So I've gone onto serequel. Feeling very pissed off with life, I dosed 150mg to start just wanting to relax and sleep for ages...It ended up increasing my heartrate, but still fell asleep...I actually wokeup with that butterflies in my stomach nervous norepinephrine type feeling...ugh I just wish I could handle it...becuase it reduces depression but gives anxiety...Took 50mg serequol lastnight...still really depressed today, had a panic attack an hour after waking,...So many medications swaps, tapers, adjustments...I just wish I could speak to someone about it and get people opinions. I can lay out everything I'm taking and doing and eating etc if anyone has the time and effort to have a look into it. I may just put in here everything Im taking just incase anyone can lend there thoughts.

Thanks
J

Yeah, the more data the better. Maybe there is something in your history and your past lifestyle that gives clues about the causes, or an angle for intervention.

forterpride

Seroquel has dose dependent affinity for different receptors.... low doses effect histamine and adrenal receptors, and moderate effects serotonin and finally highest doses effect dopamine
My mother takes 25mg a night for sleep. Any pointers? Which category of your symptom list would she fall in? Thanks.

Frankdee20

My mother takes 25mg a night for sleep. Any pointers? Which category of your symptom list would she fall in? Thanks.

Dude that’s such a low dose and it’s either blocking adrenal or histamine at 25 MG

ilhanxx

Lugol solution(oral topical together) can be the central option for you. It helps to detox flouride, bromine, candida and other endotoxin and also if you have slow thyroid.

Frankdee20

Lugol solution(oral topical together) can be the central option for you. It helps to detox flouride, bromine, candida and other endotoxin and also if you have slow thyroid.

Im on team too much Iodine kills thyroid

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom