Sepsis From Ant Bite

kyle

3 separate ant bites on my ankle, actually. Easily one of my least favorite insects.

I've always been very sensitive to ant bites, big time inflammation and swelling. Just a week ago one bit my toe and it turned into a huge blister. Does Peat have anything to say about why someone might have big reactions like that?

So now it looks like blood poisoning with the way a red streak is tracing up my calf.

Any known cures for this? IIRC, the Dr directly applied iodine on the wound when this happened to me as a youngster.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If it were me I wouldn't play around with that any longer. It sounds like it's well beyond topical treatments at this point and is getting worse instead of better. You shouldn't have any problem getting a *doctor* to prescribe you an appropriate antibiotic considering the red streaks.

Try the iodine

Aspirin

Cypro

Red light

Methylene blue

High doses of riboflavin

If it gets warm to the touch or worse get to the ER.

OP
K

kyle

Good news...

Day 2 Woke up and red streak fading and the pain that had started up in the thigh was receding. Area around bites very swollen. Later in the day the redness on calf started coming back.

Took 100mg riboflavin that evening and it seems in only an hour the swelling was down quite a bit. Unless it was my imagination it happened very fast.

Day 3 Swelling 90% gone. o_O Ankle is a bit sore but look like ordinary bug bites now instead of freakish allergic reactions. Zero sign of sepsis.

Obv can't say 100% but really seems like the riboflavin was quite effective.

Thanks for the tip, ecstatichamster. It lead me to read about riboflavin anti-sepsis quality on the forum here. Maybe you spared me a doc visit. I see good karma going your way. :D

great, glad to hear it. My studying this site and @haidut's posts on riboflavin may have paid off.

When I had a yellowjacket sting, I had no redness, no swelling. I had tremendous pain but it all went away uneventfully. I think it is because I'm depleting my body of PUFAs and didn't have the prostaglandin reaction that I would have gotten in the old days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals