Separating Chicken Fat From Stock?

paulwalkerrip

I know that the fat of ruminants, particularly grass-fed ruminants is safer than the fat from pork or poultry but absolutely nothing beats the taste of chicken stock for me.

I'd like to be able to make my own but I worry about the PUFAs in the fat of conventional chickens. Does anyone have any good, reliable methods of separating the liquid chicken fat from the broth?

Fat separating gadgets like this one (below) from OXO tend to focus on removing the solid, "unhealthy" fats and I have to assume that sneaky liquid at any temperature PUFAs would bypass this funnel.

The Best Fat Separator for 2019

boris

This seperator will work. Any type of fat or oil will always rise to the top. This gadget works by pouring the liquid out from under the fat.

For ruminant broth you can just cool the liquid and then you can easily chip off the solid fat layer. I don't know if the chicken fat will harden in the fridge.

yerrag

I thought that putting the chicken stock in the ref would allow the fat to rise to the top, and then you could skim it off.

Elize

I removed fat by cooling it off in refrigerator. Fat solidified and remove it.

retroactive

add coconut oil or other saturated fat to the warm stock. Cool in the fridge and then remove the fat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals