Sensitive to loud noises and how to regulate nervous system

Vileplume

Hey TMCMac. What is your temperature and heart rate? High sedentary heart rate would confirm that adrenaline plays a role here.

Ive recently had issues with getting startled easily as well, and I noticed I also have a high heart rate, hot flashes, and I urinate a lot. In my case, it’s adrenaline. Do you have any of these symptoms?

Vins7

my best guess would be high cortisol or adrenaline. The fact that you lost 80 pounds and regained it seems to me like your running on stress hormones. plus the fact that you're cold all the time. I think the best way's to lower stress hormones is to eat enough carbohydrates, keep fat on the lower side, and protein around .7 g per pound of body weight. what do you eat currently?
How much fat aproximatly?

gaze

How much fat aproximatly?
in my own opinion, if your overweight somewhere around 60 ish grams mainly from saturated and mono unsaturated. if you're underweight closer to 90 ish grams. also varies based on activity rate and metabolic rate. it also depends on whether or not you eat starch. you can get away eating less fat when you eat more starch, but a high sugar diet with low fat usually ends up badly adrenaline wise

Vins7

in my own opinion, if your overweight somewhere around 60 ish grams mainly from saturated and mono unsaturated. if you're underweight closer to 90 ish grams. also varies based on activity rate and metabolic rate
If I'm 60kg for 1,77 a bit low weight, could I also benefit from a metabolic improvement with a diet high in carbohydrates and protein and moderate in fat? about 60g of fat per day?

gaze

If I'm 60kg for 1,77 a bit low weight, could I also benefit from a metabolic improvement with a diet high in carbohydrates and protein and moderate in fat? about 60g of fat per day?
i think so. can you digest starch?

Mito

Every once in a while I'm very sensitive to somewhat loud noises and sudden noises like a dog barking not always but sometimes it irritates me. Not sure if this could be a serotonin issue.

OP
TMCMac

TMCMac

Yeah, interesting. I had seen this before. Not sure what would be the best way to treat excess serotonin. I've only heard of crypto being good for that, but I also heard it lowers dopamine so not too sure if I want to try that.

OP
TMCMac

TMCMac

Hey TMCMac. What is your temperature and heart rate? High sedentary heart rate would confirm that adrenaline plays a role here.

Ive recently had issues with getting startled easily as well, and I noticed I also have a high heart rate, hot flashes, and I urinate a lot. In my case, it’s adrenaline. Do you have any of these symptoms?
Hey there, my temperature is usually in the mid 97s or low 98s after eating. I also suspect high adrenaline. Ive had issues with urinating a lot before as well but it has dramatically improved. I don't drink excessive water anymore. Niacinamide and B vitamins in general after meals (sometimes Aspirin)have helped me. But every once in a while the adrenaline thing comes back. Usually in the morning and I have to catch it before it goes haywire.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Auditory sensitivity is often caused by excess serotonin (as linked above), noradrenaline and overactivation of the NMDA receptor (right in the ear; it can also cause tinnitus).
When my health was suboptimal, especially when I had colder core temp, I would be more anxious and be startled easily. Increasing temps, lowering stress hormones and getting rid of gut irritation, reduced auditory sensitivity completely for me.

Vins7

Auditory sensitivity is often caused by excess serotonin (as linked above), noradrenaline and overactivation of the NMDA receptor (right in the ear; it can also cause tinnitus).
When my health was suboptimal, especially when I had colder core temp, I would be more anxious and be startled easily. Increasing temps, lowering stress hormones and getting rid of gut irritation, reduced auditory sensitivity completely for me.
Hans, How did you manage to avoid intestinal irritation?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, How did you manage to avoid intestinal irritation?
I learned to listen to my body and look for multiple symptoms that are indicative of gut irritation. I also utilized certain compounds, such as activated charcoal, coconut oil, vinegar, and other herbs to clean my gut out. Also, I re-energized my intestine by lowering inflammation and other tactics I discussed here.
I discuss/teach all of this in my course.

Recovery can be a bit slow, but you can relatively quickly see what's improving once you start to do things correctly.

K

Kaur Singh

could be nor-adrenaline...
could be too much sodium inside cell (stress response)

- misophonia?

potassium helps me with sounds some
salt makes it worse

would you happen to know your blood B6 (PLP) levels?

Attachments

• Hypokalemic Sensory Overstimulation Syn.pdf
    48.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

Beastmode

I had auditory sensitivity for a long time. Since my body temp has steadily increased and maintained a good range, I not long have this. Even the ringing in the ear has gone away. Good description.

Sefton10

I had auditory sensitivity for a long time. Since my body temp has steadily increased and maintained a good range, I not long have this. Even the ringing in the ear has gone away. Good description.
What was your strategy for getting body temp up, @Beastmode?

Beastmode

What was your strategy for getting body temp up, @Beastmode?
You might be surprised, but I just stuck with the basics of Peat's philosophy and made adjustments based on how I feel, body temp and pulse, etc.
( getting most of my protein from milk, eggs and cheese, low pufa, t3 supplementation, low dose aspirin, enjoying life, etc.)

A big thing for me is using sleep quality as a feedback and that seems to correlate nicely with my steadily rising body temp and pulse.

edoos

Not enough info to go off, but do you have any vertigo/dizziness issues?
I actually very sensible to external noise and also I have vertigo and dizziness sometimes, I'm tyring to fix that since years but can't find the cause

M

member 14952

I actually very sensible to external noise and also I have vertigo and dizziness sometimes, I'm tyring to fix that since years but can't find the cause
I hope you got better already. I find myself experiencing similar conditions when eating high histamine cheese. Might also be connected to acetylcholine excess

redsun

I hope you got better already. I find myself experiencing similar conditions when eating high histamine cheese. Might also be connected to acetylcholine excess
High histamine cheeses tend to also be high in tyramine which releases catecholamines (norepinephrine) into the blood increasing sensitivity to sound.

M

member 14952

Ah great, makes sense. Well I will eliminate the cheese or switch to yogurt and see where I end up. Thanks

edoos

I’m actually currently on micro dose beta blocker and feel a new man, definitely have something to do with adrenaline. Like my body release excess amount for nothing, even speaking with someone or a friend can trigger those rush and cause palpitations.
I don’t want to go long term on beta blocker but they are helping to slowy restart workout.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals