Senegalese diet: all men are very tall and strong

Apple

I often see Senegalese men selling some goods in markets or in the street.
They all have huge frames, tall and muscled, with good teeth.
What would explain that ?

A quick search on Senegalese diet:
Senegalese diet is less varied, high in starch — mainly rice but also other cheap grains. Nonetheless, the Senegalese obesity rate is around 9% vs. 36% in the USA. The Senegalese live much shorter lives on average than Americans — 62 vs. 80 years, respectively — but living longer does not necessarily mean living better.

Americans might assume we have the best food system in the world, and ours is indeed among the best in food safety, abundance and affordability. However, our mainstream diet of cheap, processed foods high in sugar, fat and salt — the sodas, chips, burgers, pizzas, donuts, cookies, cake, ice cream, etc. we eat in abundance — generate all kinds of widespread health problems, including obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, and stroke.

What type of food do people in Senegal eat?
Chicken, lamb, peas, eggs and beef are also used in Senegalese cooking, but not pork, due to the nation's largely Muslim population. In the semi-arid interior, peanuts and millet are the primary crop, as well as couscous, white rice, sweet potatoes, lentils, black-eyed peas and various vegetables.

Last edited:

Nebula

Looks like their diet is meat and rice. The diet most bodybuilders settle on and most humans usually do great on. It’s usually what I come back to, because it’s so simple and satisfying. Year round pleasant subtropical temperatures and sun also great for all aspects of health.

OP
Apple

Apple

Looks like their diet is meat and rice. The diet most bodybuilders settle on and most humans usually do great on. It’s usually what I come back to, because it’s so simple and satisfying. Year round pleasant subtropical temperatures and sun also great for all aspects of health.
There are sunny and developed countries with no food shortage, Italy or Spain for example, my impression is that people don't grow tall or muscled in there

Nebula

There are sunny and developed countries with no food shortage, Italy or Spain for example, my impression is that people don't grow tall or muscled in there
Maybe wheat has an effect on height. Rice is a lot less inflammatory.

Birdie

The same people living in the US would be eating a lot of fake food.

youngsinatra

Starch, beef and salt - I can eat this forever without getting bored of it. And I eat like this for 2 years almost.
Fruit is delicious and I like coffee - but these are more like additions, not staples.

Kvothe

Looks like their diet is meat and rice. The diet most bodybuilders settle on and most humans usually do great on

I think this combination is possibly the worst diet imaginable, closely after an only-bean diet. I never felt worse than when I was eating meat and rice three times a day. Btw average male height in Senegal is 5.9

LeeLemonoil

My great-uncle farted a lot and drank heaps of a liquor called Mariacron.

He was 1.96m in height, strong as fxxx and very muscled and lean.
Despite farting a lot he got all the intensely chased high-class women in his town. That’s no joke. All his life, which ended 67 years after his birth.

So - your conclusions ?

The country he lived in: Central Europe country, largest populace of the continent apart from Russia. Renowned formerly for work ethics, now for woke ethics

Drareg

It’s an 18 year life span difference! consider the crap diet in the west and higher stress levels relative to meanings and expectations and still living 18 years longer, an 18 year lifespan difference does not imply the Senegalese are doing too well even if it is skewed by infant mortality.
As mentioned 5ft9 height on average, if people in the west get down to their ideal BMI it’s pretty much the same look albeit a bit taller on average, just look at old photographs before the toxic commercial diet.

LeeLemonoil

How do Senegalese Lifespan and Schlongspan correlate of you factor in all the factors that need to be factored out?

Nebula

I think this combination is possibly the worst diet imaginable, closely after an only-bean diet. I never felt worse than when I was eating meat and rice three times a day. Btw average male height in Senegal is 5.9
Personally I feel great on great on rice, fruit and meat as long as it’s lower fat and not more meat than my metabolism can handle.

OP
Apple

Apple

I'm 6.1 and they aways look of my height or taller and twice wider :) like gym bros.
Shorter lifespan can be explained by ineffective medical system or infant mortality, poverty is rampant in Senegal.
Only meat and rice diet quickly clears my skin but also makes me deficient on some vitamins unless I add some bread.

Cloudhands

My great-uncle farted a lot and drank heaps of a liquor called Mariacron.

He was 1.96m in height, strong as fxxx and very muscled and lean.
Despite farting a lot he got all the intensely chased high-class women in his town. That’s no joke. All his life, which ended 67 years after his birth.

So - your conclusions ?

The country he lived in: Central Europe country, largest populace of the continent apart from Russia. Renowned formerly for work ethics, now for woke ethics
conclusion: farting often will increase attractiveness

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals