Self Test For H.pylori?

Lurker

One of the best remedies for h pylori is famotidine (Pepcid). You could try that to see if you feel better. It has other antihistamine and glycogen storage benefits as well. Take it at night before bed to mitigate acid lowering effects.

Dan W

Is there a way to self-test for this?
I'm actually working on a page of notes about that and I'm intrigued by this cheap at-home test:
Home Stomach Ulcer (H. pylori) Test | Home Health UK

It's an antibody test, so it wouldn't tell you about whether an infection was active. And I don't know how reliable it is. But it might be interesting to try before going to more expensive options.

It's weirdly cheaper to buy it through through their Amazon storefront, and I think this link will give the forum referral credit:
https://www.amazon.com/Pylori-Test-Kit-Stomach-Helicobacter/dp/B01MXCL0GO/

There's also higher-end tests like going in to LabCorp/Quest for antibody blood draws or active infection breath tests. I haven't tracked down where to buy those yet, but I can post when I do.

...wondering if anyone had an idea of what the 'potent herbal supplement' they refer to might be?
I think I might have this somewhere in my notes, I'll try to find it later.

Dan W

I think I might have this somewhere in my notes, I'll try to find it later.
I was thinking of Allimed (marketed as a "potent herbal supplement" for H. pylori), but I don't know if that's what he was referring to. It looks like it's extremely expensive.

I finished up my testing page if you're curious about breath or stool tests.

EIRE24

Anyone know any remedies for gerd or indigestion that causes chest tightness and throat tightness? Yogurt was helping me but it caused acne. I'm not sure but it could also be h pylori?

biggirlkisss

isnt biohealth lab 401h the best lab for h.pylori breathe tests miss the bug sometimes.

Dan W

isnt biohealth lab 401h the best lab for h.pylori breathe tests miss the bug sometimes.
I got their H-pylori-only test in there at least. I think it's the same one as in the full 401h panel, it just doesn't include the tests for other things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals