Selenium

Barry Obummer

Bump. I was just wondering as well - I was looking up selenium amounts on various search results, and they seem to grossly vary. Like some websites list 1 serving of pasta have 1/2 the RDA, and other 1/8 the RDA. I am curious of the selenium content in oats. I'd rather not have to buy Brazil nuts because they are super expensive, and they last batch I bought at Trader Schmoe's tasted bitter and had like a darker color in the center. They were a little nasty, I might have to throw them away.

tara

Like some websites list 1 serving of pasta have 1/2 the RDA, and other 1/8 the RDA. I am curious of the selenium content in oats.
I think the selenium content of land-based plants can vary quite a bit depending on the soil content. I live in a place known to be low in soil selenium. Possibly seafood might provide a more reliable source?

tara

I'd rather not have to buy Brazil nuts because they are super expensive, and they last batch I bought at Trader Schmoe's tasted bitter and had like a darker color in the center.
Sounds rancid. Chucking them is probably wise. Fresh enough ones shouldn't taste like that.

Barry Obummer

Ok, thanks guys.

ddjd

Has anyone had success with selenium? Has it helped with anything?
seems to be helping me weight loss. fantastic warm body feeling = higher metabolism/ higher t3.
seems to also be very anti estrogenic

Mauritio

seems to be helping me weight loss. fantastic warm body feeling = higher metabolism/ higher t3.
seems to also be very anti estrogenic
I get a similar effect
Leans the body out ,less water retention, more energy . Im just wondering why because I already take t3...

kimbriel

I get a similar effect
Leans the body out ,less water retention, more energy . Im just wondering why because I already take t3...
I take Selenium because I have Hashimoto's and it's known to lower antibodies in some. Plus I'm experimenting with iodine supplementation (anti-Peat I know) and it's important to have proper levels of selenium if you do that.

Haven't noticed anything, but then I also take a full T3 replacement dose, cuz I just don't depend on my thyroid to make its own hormones anymore.