Selenium

Barry Obummer

Bump. I was just wondering as well - I was looking up selenium amounts on various search results, and they seem to grossly vary. Like some websites list 1 serving of pasta have 1/2 the RDA, and other 1/8 the RDA. I am curious of the selenium content in oats. I'd rather not have to buy Brazil nuts because they are super expensive, and they last batch I bought at Trader Schmoe's tasted bitter and had like a darker color in the center. They were a little nasty, I might have to throw them away.

tara

Like some websites list 1 serving of pasta have 1/2 the RDA, and other 1/8 the RDA. I am curious of the selenium content in oats.
I think the selenium content of land-based plants can vary quite a bit depending on the soil content. I live in a place known to be low in soil selenium. Possibly seafood might provide a more reliable source?

tara

I'd rather not have to buy Brazil nuts because they are super expensive, and they last batch I bought at Trader Schmoe's tasted bitter and had like a darker color in the center.
Sounds rancid. Chucking them is probably wise. Fresh enough ones shouldn't taste like that.

Barry Obummer

Ok, thanks guys.

ddjd

Has anyone had success with selenium? Has it helped with anything?
seems to be helping me weight loss. fantastic warm body feeling = higher metabolism/ higher t3.
seems to also be very anti estrogenic

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Selenium supplements reduce histamine release Articles & Scientific Studies 3
S Use of selenium in intensive care as adjunctive therapy for sepsis Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
nigma Selenium (+vitamin E) And Host Defense Towards Viruses Scientific Studies 16
J Iodine And Selenium For Extra Energy Thyroid and Hormones 0
EssntlFttyBstrd Chelating Selenium And Chromium? Se & Cr Cause Diabetes And Suppress Copper Metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 4
gilson d dantas Shrimp And Selenium Blood Work, Labs 42
M Food Sources For Manganese, Boron, Molybdenum And Selenium? Ask For Help or Advice 11
A. squamosa Selenium Questions Seafood 5
AretnaP How Prevalent Is Selenium Deficiency Really? Health 7
vulture Selenium + Vitamin C Synergistic Effect On Testosterone Scientific Studies 3
ddjd Terrible Hair Loss After Supplementing Selenium? Ask For Help or Advice 24
ddjd Taking Selenium. Do I Need Iodine? Ask For Help or Advice 2
M Selenium Mega Dosage For Short Term ? Minerals 6
M Extreme Reaction To Only Little Selenium/ Sub Acute Thyroiditis ? Metabolism 5
scarlettsmum Tuna/zinc/selenium Diet 33
P Selenium Supplementation Suppresses Serum T3 Levels In Man Articles & Scientific Studies 1
raypeatclips Selenium Enriched Mushrooms Protect Against Gut Permeability Ex Vivo And Upregulates Glutathione Scientific Studies 2
beachbum Selenium Deficiency Same Symptoms As Hypothyroidism Minerals 3
H Exogenous T3 And Selenium Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
Luann Cautionary Tale / Eat Selenium Health 139
milk_lover Selenium Supplementation Increases Insulin Sensitivity -- New (2016) Study Reveals Scientific Studies 29
haidut A Selenium Compound May Treat Bipolar Disorder Scientific Studies 1
F Mom with Graves' disease, taking Methimazole / selenium, not sure what to tell her Ask For Help or Advice 1
sonicyouth Selenium Supplement Minerals 26
Entropy Enhancement of Mammary Tumorigenesis by Dietary Selenium Deficiency in Rats with a High Polyunsatura Scientific Studies 0
johnwester130 Selenium Can Be Used Instead Of Coq10 ? Minerals 7
P Taurine normalizes blood levels and urinary loss of selenium, chromium, and manganese in rats chroni Scientific Studies 3
M Selenium Deficinecy Diet 5
haidut Selenium may protect from EMR Scientific Studies 3
Daimyo Synergistic Effects Of Vitamin E And Selenium:iron-overload Supplements 13
haidut Selenium Is Anti-estrogenic (aromatase Inhibitor) Scientific Studies 31
F Selenium Supplement Reccomendations? Minerals 15
K Zinc, Copper, Selenium: Shellfish Vs Cocoa Minerals 63