Selegiline

Dave Clark

Define 'work', since most people use it to slow the aging of the substantia nigra that is responsible for dopamine. I believe some may get an energizing effect from it, but that may be dose dependent. My understanding is that it doesn't produce dopamine, but slows the loss, but I could be wrong about that.

OP
J

Jing

Define 'work', since most people use it to slow the aging of the substantia nigra that is responsible for dopamine. I believe some may get an energizing effect from it, but that may be dose dependent. My understanding is that it doesn't produce dopamine, but slows the loss, but I could be wrong about that.
I'm just looking for an antidepressant effect perhaps abit more motivation and more libido as a bonus , I'm not sure on what dose to use I took 2.5mg today.

Dave Clark

I'm just looking for an antidepressant effect perhaps abit more motivation and more libido as a bonus , I'm not sure on what dose to use I took 2.5mg today.
I believe those effects may be subtle with deprenyl. I noticed an increase in motivation. There may be more specific compounds to use to amplify your desired effects, but it is good to know deprenyl is anti-aging, along with these desirable side effects. I used half a tab (2.5)/day, every other day, but many people are using higher doses. I don't see much current research on deprenyl, if anybody has seen any, please post.

CoconutEffect

I think you can titrate as high as 10mg without running into MAOI raising serotonin. I take 10mg every morning.

OP
J

Jing

I think you can titrate as high as 10mg without running into MAOI raising serotonin. I take 10mg every morning.
What do you notice?Also what about small doses over time still effecting MAOI? I read this somewhere or is it not true??

Last edited:
if I used this, I would dissolve it in water or oil (not sure which it is soluble in) and apply small amounts to my naval. Topical seems the way to go.

OP
J

Jing

if I used this, I would dissolve it in water or oil (not sure which it is soluble in) and apply small amounts to my naval. Topical seems the way to go.
I think it's soluble in water but the problem I have with this is how much would I actually be absorbing through the skin?

I think it's soluble in water but the problem I have with this is how much would I actually be absorbing through the skin?

through the naval probably more than oral route. I’d start low. There is a patch that is approved for depression, which is why I mentioned this naval route. It seems to eliminate some of the issues with MAO inhibition perhaps because it works at a much lower dose.

OP
J

Jing

through the naval probably more than oral route. I’d start low. There is a patch that is approved for depression, which is why I mentioned this naval route. It seems to eliminate some of the issues with MAO inhibition perhaps because it works at a much lower dose.
Is water a good carrier for absorption through the skin then?

Frankdee20

Does this feel like amphetamine to anyone who uses it ? The metabolites convert to methamphetamine in the urine...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals