Selegiline Experiences

Mauritio

So far I feel phenomenal on the microdose.

I get stuff done, feel more social, my body lost water retention. My mind feels clear and I there is less resistance to do things that are hard . Or hard things seem less resentful. Probably a resensitization of dopamine receptors. It feels a bit like when I was 15 and everything was able to give me pleasure.
It doesnt give me the beautifying effect that I get from 1.5mg and I feel more of an urgency to get stuff done, while on the higher doses it feels less urgent and more enjoyable.

The desensitization of dopamine receptors (addiction) can be described as a continuous narrowing of the things that give you pleasure, while the resensitization does the opposite.

Might this be a shortcut / replacement for a dopamine detox ?

The effects are surprisingly strong given the dosage is so low.
Maybe it is that amphetamine metabolite that exists, taken orally.
On the other hand if you take a dose of 40mcg ,with oral bioavailability beeing10% you have 4 mcg , I don't know the exact numbers but let's say 20% gets metabolized into the amphetamine metabolite that is 0.8mcg. I know almost nothing about amphetamines, but that seems too little to matter.

I’m taking about .8 mg or so per day. I take a nibble of the 5mg pill and hold it under my tongue. It is bitter and it also is a bit of a topical anesthetic.

I am finding much better, improved fluency in discovering words and names of old movies or books in discussions with people. This is one of my main gauges of mental acuity.

Also I feel really good and erections are as good or better than ever. I just feel really good, I can’t say that enough. I shall continue.

Mauritio

I’m taking about .8 mg or so per day. I take a nibble of the 5mg pill and hold it under my tongue. It is bitter and it also is a bit of a topical anesthetic.

I am finding much better, improved fluency in discovering words and names of old movies or books in discussions with people. This is one of my main gauges of mental acuity.

Also I feel really good and erections are as good or better than ever. I just feel really good, I can’t say that enough. I shall continue.
How long have you been taking that dose?
That's about 800mcg so about 20 times what I took today (+sublingual potentiation) ,so dosagewise a different ballgame, but selegiline seems to offer benefits at many dosages.

That's about 800mcg so about 20 times what I took today (+sublingual potentiation) ,so dosagewise a different ballgame, but selegiline seems to offer benefits at many dosages.
About a week.

Mauritio

golder

Even the smallest bite of a 5mg tablet is really hard to get a microdose. I took a small nibble and it was probably just under 1mg, so I was about 800mcg as well. Very enjoyable experience and I felt a noticeable dopamine lift despite the long winter blues I’ve been facing. Is there any way we can dissolve the 5mg tab in a solvent so we could do an accurate millilitre dose using a pipette?

Mauritio

Even the smallest bite of a 5mg tablet is really hard to get a microdose. I took a small nibble and it was probably just under 1mg, so I was about 800mcg as well. Very enjoyable experience and I felt a noticeable dopamine lift despite the long winter blues I’ve been facing. Is there any way we can dissolve the 5mg tab in a solvent so we could do an accurate millilitre dose using a pipette?
For me not. My 5mg tablet weighs 100mg. And I've been able to measure it down to 3mg of that tablet than I took a fourth of that and that corresponds to about 40mcg of selegiline . Of course it could also be 60 or 80 mcg ,but I doubt it's over 100mcg.

Good question I didn't find much on the water solubility of selegiline . Maybe try ethanol.

Mauritio

I didn't sleep well tonight ,sleep was shallow and I woke up early.

But I'm still motivated and clear headed. I drank a little bit of coke today, as I did the last weeks, and that seems to affect me pretty strongly.
I do think there is some resensitization of the dopamine receptors going on...

For me not. My 5mg tablet weighs 100mg. And I've been able to measure it down to 3mg of that tablet than I took a fourth of that and that corresponds to about 40mcg of selegiline . Of course it could also be 60 or 80 mcg ,but I doubt it's over 100mcg.

Good question I didn't find much on the water solubility of selegiline . Maybe try ethanol.
None of this makes sense. A fourth of 3mg is 0.75mg = 750 micrograms. your “5mg tablet weighs 100mg”??? LOL.

Mauritio

None of this makes sense. A fourth of 3mg is 0.75mg = 750 micrograms. your “5mg tablet weighs 100mg”??? LOL.
5 mg of pure selegiline, with fillers it weighs 100mg.

Btw I crashed pretty hard today. So I guess rather than a resesitazation of dopamine receptors it was a huge release of dopamine followed by a big drop.

5 mg of pure selegiline, with fillers it weighs 100mg.

Btw I crashed pretty hard today. So I guess rather than a resesitazation of dopamine receptors it was a huge release of dopamine followed by a big drop.

thank you for clarifying. Crashing as a result of 50mcg, is that right?

Mauritio

thank you for clarifying. Crashing as a result of 50mcg, is that right?
Yeah I've never had that experience with anything that the microdose feels stronger than the actual dose , so that's a first.
Today I feel fine again, maybe even better than baseline. Still not sure what to make of it.
It is great for getting lots done in one day (but possibly paying for it the next) or even pulling an all nighter .
Next time I'll try sublingual admin ...

golder

Yeah I've never had that experience with anything that the microdose feels stronger than the actual dose , so that's a first.
Today I feel fine again, maybe even better than baseline. Still not sure what to make of it.
It is great for getting lots done in one day (but possibly paying for it the next) or even pulling an all nighter .
Next time I'll try sublingual admin ...
Could you let us know how the oral vs sublingual compares. I think you’re on to something quite interesting here!

Mauritio

Could you let us know how the oral vs sublingual compares. I think you’re on to something quite interesting here!
Sure I'll try approximately the same dose and see how I'll feel.

redspy

I find oral, a great way to address the health of the GI tract as well as the liver. I believe we only know top of the iceberg on positive (and negative) aspects of selegiline. I find my digestion has improved on it. There is science suggesting seliegiline protects the brain from Lipopolysacharides (endotoxin) as well as improving lipid metabolism in the liver (in rodets). Will try sublingual, to compare.

Mauritio

@Mauritio, curious about you current dose. Are you still experimenting with tiny doses of selegiline?
I haven't dared to mostly because now I know it might be 2days that i have to sacrifice lol .
I have taken my usual 1mg per week. And it did lead to a state of too much dopamine when I took a microdose of bromocriptine a few days later , but progesterone was able to break the cycle.

redspy

I haven't dared to mostly because now I know it might be 2days that i have to sacrifice lol .
I have taken my usual 1mg per week. And it did lead to a state of too much dopamine when I took a microdose of bromocriptine a few days later , but progesterone was able to break the cycle.
Would a classic 1mg daily be an overdose for you? Could it be that you are just young, and Selegeline is just too strong for you? As for bromocryptine, I wouldn't mix it with Sele.. since both are psychoactive and noone knows how they synergize.

Mauritio

Would a classic 1mg daily be an overdose for you? Could it be that you are just young, and Selegeline is just too strong for you? As for bromocryptine, I wouldn't mix it with Sele.. since both are psychoactive and noone knows how they synergize.
No it would be my usual dose , so nothing special.
Well I didn't take them the same day , so technically I didn't mix them. I think there was two days between them . So maybe it's not even related but the selegiline was the only thing I could come up with . Also bromocriptine was a microdose .