Selectively targeting the gut with antibiotics

T

TheBeard

Is there any trick to make antibiotics more active in the gut than systemic?

I'm not going to take Xifaxan, already tried it for a month and it did nothing.

The ones that work for me are
Amoxicillin + c
Azithromycin

For them to be more effective in the gut than in systemic circulation, do they have to be taken on an empty stomach or with food?

Razvan

Is there any trick to make antibiotics more active in the gut than systemic?

I'm not going to take Xifaxan, already tried it for a month and it did nothing.

Amoxicillin + c
Azithromycin

For them to be more effective in the gut than in systemic circulation, do they have to be taken on an empty stomach or with food?
From my experience I will recommend you amoxicillin 500 mg at night before going to bed and 500 mg when waking up. And eating a lot of cocoa butter and cocoa fixed my gut.

OP
T

TheBeard

From my experience I will recommend you amoxicillin 500 mg at night before going to bed and 500 mg when waking up. And eating a lot of cocoa butter and cocoa fixed my gut.

Thanks man.

So both times on empty stomach for amoxicillin?
What improvement did you notice?
Did they last?

Razvan

Thanks man.

So both times on empty stomach for amoxicillin?
What improvement did you notice?
Did they last?
Yes, i think the key is stopping all starch and fiber and eating only easy,fast digesting foods. I usually take one teaspoon of coconut oil with the amoxicillin fasted in the morning than also in the evening before jumping in bed , sometimes I did 1g and it kills everything and then you will not need the antibiotic anymore.
Also as I said eating cocoa butter and cocoa is amazing for testosterone and digestion.
You will stop farting and one sign of healthy digestion is that when pooping you are almost clean ,like almost you don't need to whipe with paper.
Now I usually take the amoxicillin only in days where I cheat with a little bit of starch because of my girlfriend.
Also I saw that usually the fats from meats and butter are heavier on the digestion, fats from cocoa,coconut and cheeses especially the aged italian ones seem very easy digesting for me like sugar or fruit juices.

Sefton10

Do we know if there are any potential long term detrimental effects to taking amoxicillin over longer periods of time? I had a week long course recently and it worked wonders for me, it’s once of the few things I’ve taken in recent years that had an immediate positive impact, but can we treat is as a “supplement”? Could you, for example, just take it now and again periodically as a precautionary measure, or are there dangers of putting things out of balance etc?

gaze

Do we know if there are any potential long term detrimental effects to taking amoxicillin over longer periods of time? I had a week long course recently and it worked wonders for me, it’s once of the few things I’ve taken in recent years that had an immediate positive impact, but can we treat is as a “supplement”? Could you, for example, just take it now and again periodically as a precautionary measure, or are there dangers of putting things out of balance etc?
there are dangers. It's a bit like russian roulette. It can have a very theraputic affect by lowering endotoxin, which pushes you in the right direction, but taking it for extended periods of time can have disastrous effects where bad bacteria become the dominant force and your're in for a horrible cycle where you continuously need more. Ray himself said for many people it causes bad bacterial overgrowth, and the only time he takes it is when hes a bit sick, and he only takes it for 1 or 2 days until the symptoms die down and then he stops

Razvan

I don't think there is a problem if you use it for periods when most needing it ,of course you don't want to use it everyday for one year but it's pretty safe. I found that it is the best antibiotic for endotoxin problems.

OP
T

TheBeard

I don't think there is a problem if you use it for periods when most needing it ,of course you don't want to use it everyday for one year but it's pretty safe. I found that it is the best antibiotic for endotoxin problems.

Azithromycin makes me feel even better.

OP
T

TheBeard

there are dangers. It's a bit like russian roulette. It can have a very theraputic affect by lowering endotoxin, which pushes you in the right direction, but taking it for extended periods of time can have disastrous effects where bad bacteria become the dominant force and your're in for a horrible cycle where you continuously need more. Ray himself said for many people it causes bad bacterial overgrowth, and the only time he takes it is when hes a bit sick, and he only takes it for 1 or 2 days until the symptoms die down and then he stops

@haidut debunked the antibiotic resistance theory.
It's due to iron more than antibiotics overuse.

gaze

@haidut debunked the antibiotic resistance theory.
It's due to iron more than antibiotics overuse.
i'm not talking about antibiotic resistance. i'm talking about negative bacteria repopulating the colon and possibly the intestine because antibiotics never kill 100% of bacteria, it's impossible. so when you kill off diverse, good bacteria and a couple strains of bad bacteria take over your in for a tough time

OP
T

TheBeard

i'm not talking about antibiotic resistance. i'm talking about negative bacteria repopulating the colon and possibly the intestine because antibiotics never kill 100% of bacteria, it's impossible. so when you kill off diverse, good bacteria and a couple strains of bad bacteria take over your in for a tough time

You are talking about resistance without knowing it.

The phenomenon at play is that you kill both good and bad bacteria with antibiotics.
Why would the bad bacteria colonize your gut faster than the good ones upon discontinuation, if not because they have acquired a resistance to the antibiotic?

Otherwise, please explain by what magic the bad ones outnumber the good ones.

Razvan

I
I don't think there is such thing as good or bad bacteria lol

Sefton10

I suppose it then just comes full circle back to where possible avoiding and/or reducing whatever cases the endotoxin or bad bacteria flare in the first place. Something like amoxicillin can step in as an emergency therapeutic using the minimum effective dose to get back toward baseline.

OP
T

TheBeard

I suppose it then just comes full circle back to where possible avoiding and/or reducing whatever cases the endotoxin or bad bacteria flare in the first place. Something like amoxicillin can step in as an emergency therapeutic using the minimum effective dose to get back toward baseline.

What's the minimum effective dose?

Sefton10

What's the minimum effective dose?
Enough to get the immediate benefits/symptom relief without straying too far towards potential harms. No doubt very individual and a balancing act. I can imagine it wouldn't be hard to dig a hole that then needs other and more careful (or even drastic) interventions which could then spiral further. Which is why I am wary of continuing to take it without the acute need.

Jing

Amoxicillin + c
Azithromycin
What benefits do you get from azithromycin? Do you take with or without food? And how much do you take i've ordered some to test out.

OP
T

TheBeard

What benefits do you get from azithromycin? Do you take with or without food? And how much do you take i've ordered some to test out.

Better sleep
Better mood
Relaxed
Squarer jaw
Fuller muscles
More energy
More strength

yerrag

And eating a lot of cocoa butter and cocoa fixed my gut.
There may be something to the cocoa helping. It has oxalates, which is normally assoiated with bad things unfairly.

Carrots are also very high in oxalates, but that's something that is overlooked because nothing is bad about carrots. Said to be good for the eyes. Ray Peat considers anti-microbial for the gut. But what if it's the oxalates that's making carrots anti-bacterial? What if it's the oxalates that makes eyes good rather than the beta-carotenes in it? Maybe the oxalates are clearing out the sludge and plaque in the capillaries of the eye?

@TheBeard This is far out on left field but it's worth considering. Col Joe wrote a book on oxalates from his experience and he's helped a lot of people using oxalate therapy, but his ideas on oxalates never got traction because no one in the medical establishment wanted to research and validate his ideas. Here's an article on him, his 3 patents, and if you're interested, you can read the book linked to. I'm currently trying his ideas out but for my own issues:

@Trix

Daniil

Well, if that's the only problem, then some not-so-bad probiotics like the ones approved on this forum will help.